Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 08-25-2010, 03:34 AM   #1
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation headlights

i've seen some of the cars on here with there headlights cleared (i already have done) and the bezel painted black (plan on doing) but im wondering how or what you guys used to make you turn signal area black, just like the corner of the headlights... any help would be appreciated!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:21 AM   #2
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just paint the whole chrome bezel black
Old 08-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
and that will get me the look of the "black eyes" around the turn signal area?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

if i paint the whole thing black wont that mess up the lightt reflection? cause the chrome helps reflect light.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
pimpalero2003
GLS member

The chrome won't be seen get some LEDs for turn and will be fine. I use to have all black. Or a better bet would be to get the gunmetal metalcast paint! It's kinda like a candy paint it's translucent spray the whole thing with it and it'd basically look like black chrome.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
pimpalero2003
GLS member

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalCast/
Sry it's smoke not gun metal.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #7
pimpalero2003
GLS member

Would look like this http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...u/mcsmoke4.jpg
Old 08-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #8
sleepyalero
GLS member

yeah thats an idea. i just went to the hardware store before reading this and picked up krylon gloss black paint. the only thing is i dont know if i want to paint the whole thing black cause idk if it will mess up the brightness or the length of my head lights at night but i plan on painting them tonight after work, im thinking either all black or pieces black with chrome. hopefully i get some advice on this by the time i get home. :/
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-25-2010, 03:25 PM   #9
pimpalero2003
GLS member

Oh just paint the bezel when take lights apart it not be connected to where your light bulbs mount prolly be stuck in the lense do not paint the reflector bowl where the high and low beems mount otherwise will have no light output! Just paint the bezel can tape off area for the corner lights or just paint it all an have less brightness from the stock bulbs
Old 08-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #10
sleepyalero
GLS member

yeah i also asked jhubbz he told me the same thing. im gonna just do the corner and get amber bulbs should look pretty tight when all said and done. doing it tonight! second time taking apart my lights.... not looking forward to that part
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #11
sleepyalero
GLS member

thanks for the help pimp greatly appreciated!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-25-2010, 10:01 PM   #12
sleepyalero
GLS member

going out to work on it, let you know how it turns out. :S
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-26-2010, 12:38 PM   #13
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
they actually have a new spray paint that makes chrome darker i just saw it the other day at Oreilly's

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote