Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 12-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
how to: have the interior lights come on with the ingition

i did this little mod today, i wanted my gauges to stay lit but didnt want to run my headlights during the day, reason being is my tint is a bit dark and some times its hard to see the cluster so i had to turn my lights on, this mod solves that problem..

i ran a power wire from the fuse box that was a switched source, i was going to just run it to the dimmer on the dash but my trusty multi meeter told me that it wouldn't work that way, i had to find the dimmer control module (its under the dash just above the brake pedal next to the steering column),
disconnect the connector and cut the gray wire
then run the power wire from the fuse box to the gray wire and connect,
plug the connector back in and that's it.
oh i removed my cluster for more light.

yes those are diff needles in the cluster

i know my camera sucks balls for close up like that

now when i have my ignition on my dash lights come on automatically, the only down side is that the dimmer function does not work any more, but the dome light part works fine. enjoy

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
um... why?

you can use a wire tap with any gray wire in the dash, for illumination.

OR

If you wanted to get fancy(need more power)... You wire tap the line from a solid gray wire, and connect that to a relay. Have the relay powered from a constant source. When there is power in the gray wire, it will kick the relay on, and therefore you have a electronically switched power supply, rated for higher amp draws. (10-50A)

Neither option would kill your dimmer switch.... actually... the first option would allow your lights to dim WITH the switch.

ALSO..
you can just use a fuse tap, on the INT LPS fuse on the top right of the passenger fuse box. That is the fuse/power supply that turns on at night, when your DRLs disable and headlights enable.

also... i'm just being nit-picky here... but use the macro function for close up shots. The symbol looks like a little flower, on the camera.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
jawa