Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 03-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #41
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Meh decided to just go with cheap tires for now and use the rest of my Tax return for my Audio upgrade. I got some Primewell 225/50/16's from Firestone for $371 installed. Took it in Saturday at 11am went to lunch with the old lady and by the time We got back it was done. Rode ok on the way home I will give more of an update Monday afternoon after the drive to work. My original tires had been cracked super badly due to 18 months of sitting so kind of a safety issue not to mention my lack of a spare due to audio equipment lol.
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #42
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Well that's dumb.........
Old 03-04-2014, 10:02 AM   #43
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
really?

What's dumb not spending $800 on rims that are no better than my stock ones and getting tires for under $400 installed?
Old 03-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #44
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
I believe he is referring to the audio thing, particularly not having a spare...I would have to agree, replacing the speakers that are in the factory location, hu, and then a small sub anything else I see as a complete waste of money as it has no purpose, there is a point where turning it up louder isn't an option without hearing damage so what is the point
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #45
negolien
GL Member

I know alot of us have boxes in the trunk so though I have the spare in there like them getting at it would require taking the box out. It might as well not be there lol.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #46
negolien
GL Member

tires

On topic the tires seem to be a decent set for the price. It was raining yesterday here and they performed great in the rain. I was expecting a harsh ride being performance tires but I was quite happy. Fairly quiet also I'd say they were a good deal for the price. They were cheaper than America's tire, Sears and Pep Boys.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:14 PM   #47
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
My nittos were 105 a tire from discount tire.

They are very good tires. I was shocked they were so cheap.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #48
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
I believe he is referring to the audio thing, particularly not having a spare...I would have to agree, replacing the speakers that are in the factory location, hu, and then a small sub anything else I see as a complete waste of money as it has no purpose, there is a point where turning it up louder isn't an option without hearing damage so what is the point

I would have to disagree. I personally like loud music and also will be using the system to compete this year.

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #49
negolien
GL Member

Yeah I love my system and just because I have all that doesn't mean I have to turn it up all the way. That's where buying the right gear comes in. SQ is super important to me not just being loud. Though some do and I have no issue with that.Just because YOU think it's a waste of money doesn't make it so. There's a lot of things done to cars I think is a waste of money but hey it's their ride. Different strokes for different folks
Old 03-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #50
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8track16 View Post
I would have to disagree. I personally like loud music and also will be using the system to compete this year.
To me it is a little different if you do sound competitions because at least there is some function, not one of the people who has it just to drive down the road moving foundations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by negolien View Post
Yeah I love my system and just because I have all that doesn't mean I have to turn it up all the way. That's where buying the right gear comes in. SQ is super important to me not just being loud. Though some do and I have no issue with that.Just because YOU think it's a waste of money doesn't make it so. There's a lot of things done to cars I think is a waste of money but hey it's their ride. Different strokes for different folks

As long as you keep it off the 24's it won't be that bad
Old 03-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #51
negolien
GL Member

Speaking of

LOL I was thinking this morning on the way to work...Ya know what I find amazing is people that don't have AAA or other roadside assistance. I have only used it once since '07 but better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. The one time I did use it oddly enough was to change my tire for me before I got my Box. I was in a dress suit for a meeting and came out to go to work finding a flat. I didn't want to get all greasy so I called AAA and let them change it for me I'd have them tow me to a les schwab for a plug now since I can't get to my spare. I didn't even think of that until about a week after the install. I was like crap what do I do now if I get a flat...
Old 03-06-2014, 08:19 AM   #52
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
I think it was dumb you cheaped out on tires. That is one thing I will never cheap out on.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:08 AM   #53
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
I think it was dumb you cheaped out on tires. That is one thing I will never cheap out on.
On a related note, I heard a news story yesterday that Jeep sales have been really strong because of all the snow we've had this winter.
That is the dumbest reason I've ever heard for taking on the financial burden of a new car. I live in northern Illinois, not Colorado or somewhere where you actually need a 4-wheel drive vehicle.
Spend $1000 on a dedicated set of winter tires, slap them on your car in the cold months, and you'll still be much better than any vehicle (including Jeeps) on all-seasons. And you likely won't take the fuel economy hit inherent with 4WD/AWD.
My point here? It all starts with tires. Those 4 little patches of rubber are all that's keeping you and 3000+ pounds of metal on the road and in control.
Think about it.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #54
negolien
GL Member

There's nothing wrong with Primewells they are fine tires don't be a brand snob. For $59 a piece They'll do fine for my 24 mile round trip commuter in Sacramento, Nice jerk wad post though.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #55
03glgold
GLS member

he is correct to a point though...even though they might be cheaper now in the long run maybe not...my previous set of tires was a cheap set and almost all highway with regular rotation they didnt last 20k miles and it wasn't caused because of poor alignment or anything they were completely bald all the way across.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #56
negolien
GL Member

I commute 12 miles one way on surface streets and hardly ever go on the freeway. It doesn't snow here and barely rains. I rarely go over 55 and they're warrantied for 40k miles /shrug good enough for me. For $59 vs $104 for some name brand I' am good with that. If they wear out in 3 years I'll get another 4 it will probably work out to be the same price anyway lol.

http://www.firestonecompleteautocare...imewell/PZ900/
Old 03-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #57
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
Those 4 little patches of rubber are all that's keeping you and 3000+ pounds of metal on the road and in control.

This guy gets it.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote