Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 02-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
Garnetdawn
GX Member

Garnetdawn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Garnetdawn
Suggestions on Springs and Shocks

Any Suggestions on Front and Rear Springs and shocks?
Garnetdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #2
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Eibach Pro/Sensa Trac... best combo I ever ran out of the three different set-ups I did
Old 02-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
I run canuck springs. Kyb gr2 struts.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #4
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know if they still sell them, but I have Intrax Springs and KYB GR2 Struts. I think that Intrax had a slightly bigger drop than Eibach. I really like my combo and have had it for a couple of years now without any issues.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:36 AM   #5
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Canuck springs 2-2.5 inches
intrax 1.75
Eibach 1.2
H&R 1.5

Last edited by xXManwhoreXx : 02-04-2014 at 06:41 AM.
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:17 AM   #6
Starglow
GX Member

Starglow is on a distinguished road
If you're looking for simplicity of installation and factory comparable ride performance then go with Monroe quick-struts...only takes about 30-45 minutes per wheel to install with basic tools and you're done without the hassle of requiring spring compressors or assembling the struts plus worrying about potential alignment and tire wear issues with the lowering springs.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #7
djwikit
GX Member

djwikit is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have any experience with kyb agx struts. I've got B&G lowering springs and an aggressive build and want to have a suspension that can stand up to the power but also be drivable daily
djwikit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #8
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Agx are awesome I had them on my CRX before I switched to Tein coilovers. Outside of koni's, AGX are the best struts imo.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:43 AM   #9
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
if your roads are like glass then use the KYB's/Agx's or something along those lines. If you want ride quality, and have good all round performance from it, then go with what I suggested man. Worst thing I did to my car was KYB and intrax springs. Rode like ass... I hated it. Yea it cornered awesome, but how often are you really driving that hard and is it worth it? Sure as hell wasn't to me...lol
Old 02-06-2014, 05:07 AM   #10
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
About the Eibach / SensaTrac combo. Is this more suited to the OE Fe2 setup or still valid and equal to the Fe3 (we all have on our export Alero's) ?

What if I don't what any drop? Thanks to ground clearance for the garage.
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:03 AM   #11
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

The sensatracs are just oem replacements arent they?
Old 02-06-2014, 09:29 AM   #12
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Sensatracs are essentially oem replacements but slightly better than oem quality... eibachs are still lowering springs but will only drop you about 1.2-1.5" tops!! They tighten up cornering and stability huge over the stock set up.

Falloutboy, if you do not want a drop go with the monroe quick struts... they are a preassembled spring strut combo that is a direct replacement. I have not looked into them to see if they have varying levels to compare to the fe2 or fe3 suspension differences...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:43 AM   #13
Starglow
GX Member

Starglow is on a distinguished road
I could not lower the GA because it's very close to bottoming out even at stock height when going down our driveway and we still have to back it in instead of pulling in front first which will drag the lower valance under the front bumper/fenders.

The Monroe quick struts have performed well even under more spirited driving conditions, but I also have the PFYC front/rear sway bars which also helps. Ride comfort is very acceptable and comparable to stock with the quick struts. Some people have had alignment and tire wear issues with the lowering springs which is also something I didn't want to deal with so the quick struts were the best choice and I have no regrets.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #14
mfuller

The KYB AGX are decent, but I may have to get another set of stock dampers retro-fitted with Koni wet kits.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #15
MMGT1
GLS member

There is also the "u-groove" in the Sensa Tracs. It allows more flow at the top of travel giving a really nice smooth ride on the highway and then when you take it into a corner that u-groove is passed to where the piston then locks into full resistance. If your lowered just an inch to an inch and a half they are a great combo. If you go with a bigger drop than 1.5" the u-groove will do nothing for you as you will already have the piston too deep into the cylinder to take advantage of it. That's why I say use the Sensa's with the Eibach Pro kit... all round you will not be disappointed
Old 02-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #16
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
I think im going to end up with eibachs and GR2's, I don't need a massive drop just enough to close the gap between my tires and the wheel wells

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #17
Garnetdawn
GX Member

Might go with the Eibach and KYB GR2 setup...@ rear struts and 2 front struts the pro kit from eibach...should be money well spent :P
Old 03-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #18
Garnetdawn
GX Member

BTW could someone more knowable port links on the things i mention so i know im looking at the right damn thing front and rear struts would be helpful to if anyone could