Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 05-28-2008, 01:35 AM   #1
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
On the road to boost

Well my s/c kit came in so today I started tearing up my engine bay to give the baby root a new home. Hopefully I can finish the installation tomorrow...I am beat I put in 11hrs at work...then came home and jumped straight under the hood and put in 6hrs...tomorrow i know im gonna be a zombie but hey such is life
Attachment 4299
My tore up engine bay

Attachment 4300
My tore up front yard/garage

Attachment 4301
Baby root needs a home
Alerosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:27 AM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
hell yeah!

wasn't it a pain in the ass to get the injectors unclipped/out? did you toss a ton of fuel all over everything? i did lol
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:02 AM   #3
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
What does that cost, and I want one?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:03 AM   #4
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

yeah it was a real pain...my buddy was the one to figure it out...I was about to man handle it out of spot...but they were dry when they came out

@lonnie Here is the link to the thread with the link to where it came from

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...highlight=mp45

shipping was the cheapest too $14 which was hundreds less than others

Last edited by Alerosaint : 05-28-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:15 AM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
hah it took me forever to figure out how the clips released

yeah my shipping was $29. i ordered in the evening, it was on my porch the next morning, now THAT'S shipping!
Old 05-28-2008, 08:19 AM   #6
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Now thats awesome...I had to wait about 3 days...hey ion do the two post at the bottom of the intake manifold come out...its blocking the charger intake manifold for being secured???
Old 05-28-2008, 09:12 AM   #7
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
Damn I wish I can do that to my Ecotec , no damn reflash....Enjoy the boost life
Old 05-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

they stay in or the kit supplies new studs or bolts that go in that place. you're supposed to install the bottom studs/bolts first but not all the way, with enough room to rest the supercharger on it while you get the other upper bolts in
Old 05-28-2008, 09:37 AM   #9
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
Its soo funny being on here now..

How much psi you intend to run? Does it make you feel bad that I can always run at LEAST double that? =)

ok just yanking your chain. I think i have those same rims - talk about a beeeotch to clean!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:41 AM   #10
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

^^lol..why you got to rub it in...but na..ill be happy with 5 psi, i just wanted my car have more go juice..not crazy go juice..also l love the sound of a SC...if do decide to push it though then I will still try to keep boost under 10 psi..plus I dont have the time and funds to go custom turbo
@ION Aha...so the bottoms studs do come out ...yeah the sent 7 shorter bolts. Man those upper bolts suck hard...there is no room to do shit

Last edited by Alerosaint : 05-28-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:51 AM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawzbear View Post
How much psi you intend to run? Does it make you feel bad that I can always run at LEAST double that? =)
it actually feels great that i can beat you using only 7 PSI on a 2.4L yet you need nearly 15 on that 2.0 to even try and keep up i haven't been to the track since the recent enhancements but i did stay directly next to a new Mustang GT which runs 13.6.

i'm not sure if the bottom studs come out, make sure you read everything to the letter. i don't remember if i took mine out and put other ones in or not lol. i just took a look at someone's install pictures and it doesn't look like they took them out
Old 05-28-2008, 10:00 AM   #12
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

I hope they come out cause they are pushing against the manifold blocking it from sitting flush...the book just says put the bolts in and the pics show the bolts install where originally there were studs and nuts so i really do hope they come out....or I really hope im retarded and because i was tired last nite i just seated it wrong
Old 05-28-2008, 10:21 AM   #13
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
a bone stock 4.6 GT is a little lucky to run 13.6; needs a good driver. My bf's has 4.10 gears and the cobalt is still faster. Its faster than the new GTO's with the LS1's.

I was picked on for buying this 'cavalier' relentlessly, until it ate up one of our customer's GTOs in 0-80mph. Let me tell ya.. .he was pissed! He hasnt brought the GTO in since.

Its suprised me, frankly. More than i ever expected from it. I just wanted a little, reliable car.

My dad and bf have driven it when its gone its fastest - im not that great at driving it yet. I didnt race the GTO, for sure!
But its going to a car show at a track next month, with another new GTO, so I will have times then =)

I do miss my alero a little bit, but am glad not to have a 2.4 anymore!
Old 05-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #14
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Keep us updated dude! that S/C looks badass! :-)

Lets just add pawz to the people who got rid of the alero and still post on here..... i would like to see ion race the cobalt SS and beat it :-) I hate those cars
Old 05-28-2008, 11:47 AM   #15
[ion] C2
636 whp

^Hah, I love Cobalts, almost bought one before I decided supercharging this was a better idea.

Quote:
a bone stock 4.6 GT is a little lucky to run 13.6; needs a good driver. My bf's has 4.10 gears and the cobalt is still faster. Its faster than the new GTO's with the LS1's.

Your boyfriend must not be able to drive if it feels like your Cobalt is driving like it's in the low 13s stock. The LS1 GTO's only run 13.9-14.3 stock if it's a good day, which is what yours should run as well, 14.0-14.5 normally. Actually, go to the track and see what you run, I'm curious now. And it will settle any of this bench racing comparison.

I smoked a Cobalt SS/SC 50-100 (he probably couldn't drive though). I'll race you, once I get this thing rebuilt and on meth and drag radials. Too bad you're in NC. We can virtually race, both go to the local track and get a video one weekend.

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 05-28-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

Oh I remember now, they DO come out. It was a majorwarning to everyone who installed the kit to remember to swap the bottom studs for the bolts that come with the kit because it won't sit right until you do, and remember to screw them in only so far so you have someplace to set the flange on as you get it in place. Lots of people were having issues with that. I read through the instructions very thoroughly so I made sure not to miss any details like that.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #17
01silveralero
Aleromod's most pointless thread starter

01silveralero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
gears dont instantly turn mustangs into much faster cars without many mods. when i raced my friend's 01 gt it run 14.4 all day at atco. his best was 13.9 at cecil dragway.

Quote:
My dad and bf have driven it when its gone its fastest - im not that great at driving it yet.

no offense pawz but if "you AREN'T that great at driving it yet" how can you
supposeably be beating gto's and such? it just doesn't make sense at all im sorry. anyways 14.3-14.8 is where you should be running and that is pushing it if you shift or launch it right
New project 1992 460 big block ford notchback mustang
Goal - Mid 11s all motor.
01silveralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #18
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Oh I remember now, they DO come out. It was a majorwarning to everyone who installed the kit to remember to swap the bottom studs for the bolts that come with the kit because it won't sit right until you do, and remember to screw them in only so far so you have someplace to set the flange on as you get it in place. Lots of people were having issues with that. I read through the instructions very thoroughly so I made sure not to miss any details like that.

well i sure did miss that part and being an engine mod noob i read the book 3 times and still missed it....im gonna get it right as soon as i go home...i was getting worried though i was gonna have fitting issues
Old 05-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #19
[ion] C2
636 whp

i'm gonna check my copy of the instructions too
Old 05-28-2008, 03:00 PM   #20
[ion] C2
636 whp

Found it online. FYI many of the instruction booklets were missing pages. Like page 7 I think is missing from mine, I had to find it online. You missing any?

First instruction on page 13 says to replace the lower bolts: