Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 09-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
02AleroEco
GL Member

02AleroEco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 02AleroEco
Tranny

ok so im here again with an issue.
First off from a prev post, the squeaking in the front, was cracked springs. got that fixed.

But now starting last week, when i accelerate, or tap of the peddle** to accelerate my 'Trac' 'Anti-lock' and 'Service engine soon' lights come on, and the only way they shut off is if i park the car and restart it.
it feel like its skipping when i accelerate almost like its not running all 4 cylinders.
and also if i reverse if feels a tad jumpy.
and it eats more gas lately aswell, just had an oil change, plugs are good, fluids are good. and changed the fuel filter last year.

Has anyone had this prob? could my tranny be going?
my schools looking at it next week and is gonna put it on the computer to check it, but any advice from here would be good just so i have an idea.
02AleroEco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
first i would read the codes from the c.e.l. ANd then it's always easier to guess what could be wrong

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
02AleroEco
GL Member

ok. but the thing they made me confused was, that while the serv eng like was on, i got it scanned at autozone. and the said it passed. now obv the comp at school is more indepth, so what codes should i be looking for?
Old 09-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

have you checked for vaccuum leaks? or possibly dirty injectors... i dont know if these are the problems... but they're normally my first things to look at.

i know if the o2 sensor goes it does some crazy things.

and the lights need to be one for the scanners to read the code.

mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
Old 09-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
02AleroEco
GL Member

the light was on when they scanned.
it threw a vacuum code a few months ago, but then the light went out.
would seafoam correct the injector if it was clogged?
and there are 2 o2 sensors correct? which would it most likely be? and how would i check that

and how can i clean the injectors? also how do i take them out to check?
Old 09-20-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
U have one on your exhaust manifold, and one either right before or past the cat
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02AleroEco View Post
But now starting last week, when i accelerate, or tap of the peddle** to accelerate my 'Trac' 'Anti-lock' and 'Service engine soon' lights come on, and the only way they shut off is if i park the car and restart it.
wheel speed sensor (abs sensor) is going out for sure. could possibly be a broken wire going to that sensor tho, check them first. but if not a wire is the sensor. To replace the sensor you have to replace the whole wheel hub.

i replaced my let front hub last winter b/c this was happening, then one day the lights just stayed on. and now its actually happening again to me when i turn corners or accelerate hard. guessing (hoping) its a wire this time tho cause it comes on whenever i turn.

sea foam question: yea sure try it, it can't hurt anything. half a can in the gas tank to clean the injectors. suck the rest into the throttle body via the vacuum tube, let sit off for 10 mins, start up and watch the smoke show.

02 sensors: yes you have two, an upstream b4 the cat and a downstream after. the upstream would probably be most likely to go bad i'd think.

what codes whould you be looking for? any because there should be any service codes on unless something is wrong. but for you triple light problem, probably gonna get "X wheel speed sensor excessive speed" or "x wheel speed sensor zero reading" or "x wheel speed sensor excessive variation", replace x with left or right. i forget the actual codes, but thats what the tech 2 always said the code meant when i used it to scan. to check you can go into the live readings for abs data and go for a short drive, and make the codes come on while watching what sensor goes nuts.

Last edited by jayson_waltz : 09-20-2009 at 01:29 PM.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
02AleroEco
GL Member

ok. now how can i check the o2 sensor to tell if its bad?
Old 09-20-2009, 06:46 PM   #9
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_waltz View Post
wheel speed sensor (abs sensor) is going out for sure. could possibly be a broken wire going to that sensor tho, check them first. but if not a wire is the sensor. To replace the sensor you have to replace the whole wheel hub.

i think he is getting a check engine light... since he said service engine soon... although i guess he could of mean service vehicle soon.

if it is indeed the service vehicle soon it is defiantly a wheel bearing related problem. although a wheel bearing wont make your car run any worse... and i doubt it really decreases your gas mileage that much.

my passanger wheel bearing was replaced in june... but my lights came back on... so i looked and the wires were broken.

and i dont think you can check the 02 sensor. once it goes then it throws the check engine light

check engine lights and service vehicle soon lights are totally different.

cheap code readers cant read service vehicle soon lights because they are body codes... so that may be why your code reader didn't read them.

what i did to check the wiring on my wheel bearing was turn the key to the on position... and all the lights on the dash were just the battery... check engine... and another red one... then i went to the wheel bearings and just shook and twisted the wires to see if i could make the svs, abs, and trac off lights come on... and they did... so i took the wire apart and found the wires cut.

i know that was long... sorry about that... hopefully it helps

Old 09-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #10
02AleroEco
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel6632 View Post
i think he is getting a check engine light... since he said service engine soon... although i guess he could of mean service vehicle soon.

if it is indeed the service vehicle soon it is defiantly a wheel bearing related problem. although a wheel bearing wont make your car run any worse... and i doubt it really decreases your gas mileage that much.

my passanger wheel bearing was replaced in june... but my lights came back on... so i looked and the wires were broken.

and i dont think you can check the 02 sensor. once it goes then it throws the check engine light

check engine lights and service vehicle soon lights are totally different.

cheap code readers cant read service vehicle soon lights because they are body codes... so that may be why your code reader didn't read them.

what i did to check the wiring on my wheel bearing was turn the key to the on position... and all the lights on the dash were just the battery... check engine... and another red one... then i went to the wheel bearings and just shook and twisted the wires to see if i could make the svs, abs, and trac off lights come on... and they did... so i took the wire apart and found the wires cut.

i know that was long... sorry about that... hopefully it helps

nahh long is good cuz it means that you are probablt doing a good job explaining it. hahaha thank you ill look at that next when i get free time this week.

my car goes in wednesday and its gonna go on the computer to trace exactly whats goin wrong, then ill get it all fixed. and its even better cuz i wont have to pay for it, lol.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #11
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

free repairs are the best kind lol

Old 09-21-2009, 11:21 PM   #12
02AleroEco
GL Member

its kinda free haha. i just buy the parts, no labor costs. but still free is free
Old 09-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #13
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

ah... i'm the one who does labor on my friends car for free and they bring me their parts... well i actually buy them cheaper and sell it to them lol

Old 10-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #14
02AleroEco
GL Member

soo,

still no definetive answer on my tranny, but its getting a tad worse when it does slip.
any ideas?
Old 10-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #15
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

what have you done to fix it so far

Old 10-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #16
02AleroEco
GL Member

nothing, no one knows where to start, he said it could be as simple as a filter and fluid, but not likely, if its at random times.
and when the codes came up, it passed on the computer.

the only other thing was that the right front Speed Sensor was messed up, but when testing that the variation was in the left rear, and only by 1mph. even tho the comp said rf..

So i really dkk, im not gonna put a new bearing, or filter and fluid, if its gonna keep happening, i would like to know exactly what it is before i change all these things..
Old 10-03-2009, 05:31 PM   #17
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

normally a right front speed sensor means bad wheel bearing. probably doesn't have anything to do with the transmission.

try the simple cheap things we've already meantioned