Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 01-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #21
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
ummm...if it was made after 1996 and in a state that requires emissions tests for inspections, then it must be OBD-II compliant. So...NO. all aleros in emissions testing states will still need their cat.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #22
Luley
GX Member

Luley is on a distinguished road
reall you dont need the cat. my friend that buildt his tegra took off the cat for his muffler and to loose weight
Luley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #23
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
huh?
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:37 PM   #24
Th0r
GX Member

Th0r will become famous soon enough
To Kool Fo Gramahr!
Old 01-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #25
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
I had no cat on my old alero for a while and it was way to loud.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #26
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luley View Post
reall you dont need the cat. my friend that buildt his tegra took off the cat for his muffler and to loose weight
no shit sherlock, he's saying LEGALLY you need a cat
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #27
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:

No seriously, you do need a cat. Even states without emissions testing, what you have been doing is tampering w/ an emissions control device. That can be considered a no no. Also w/ the way things are going, do not be surprised when emissions testing comes to your town.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #28
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyhunter View Post
No seriously, you do need a cat. Even states without emissions testing, what you have been doing is tampering w/ an emissions control device. That can be considered a no no. Also w/ the way things are going, do not be surprised when emissions testing comes to your town.

Here in OKlahoma u do NOT need cats, they did away with emission testing a few years ago. I still would go with a high flow cat just incase you do plan on living in a state with emission testing

As for this guy saying he saved weight on his integra, that is grade A retarded. This isnt NHRA drags where ever lb is worth .01 of a second
Old 01-23-2010, 12:01 AM   #29
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Just because they don't have emissions testing in that state does NOT mean that it isn't illegal! It's a FEDERAL law, that supercedes state and local ordinances. So if the Feds decide to take a look under your car one day and find no catalytic converter, you're in trouble.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:11 AM   #30
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixtapeMessiah View Post
As for this guy saying he saved weight on his integra, that is grade A retarded. This isnt NHRA drags where ever lb is worth .01 of a second

i was just about to comment on that. your buddy is what we like to call a ricer..... saving weight.....lol
Old 01-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #31
spyhunter
GL Member

Quote:
Here in OKlahoma u do NOT need cats, they did away with emission testing a few years ago. I still would go with a high flow cat just incase you do plan on living in a state with emission testing

Federal law prohibits the removal of a properly functioning catalytic converter from a vehicle. Just because your state does not require it does not mean it's okay to take it off.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #32
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

Quote:
Federal law prohibits the removal of a properly functioning catalytic converter from a vehicle. Just because your state does not require it does not mean it's okay to take it off.

correction, dont get caught then
Old 01-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #33
spyhunter
GL Member

Quote:
correction, dont get caught then

I've never been caught. :-p
Old 01-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #34
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

Quote:
I've never been caught. :-p

on another note dude, I sold that quad 4 intake mani and tb I bought from u a longgg time ago lol
MixtapeMessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #35
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

Quote:
really? for weight?? it's like an extra half pound. your car would never notice the difference in terms of weight alone.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:45 PM   #36
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Just because they don't have emissions testing in that state does NOT mean that it isn't illegal! It's a FEDERAL law, that supercedes state and local ordinances. So if the Feds decide to take a look under your car one day and find no catalytic converter, you're in trouble.
I think the loophole here is that if the cat was broke when you took it off (with documentation) and you're in a state that doesn't require it, catless is legal. and that would be the ONLY way.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #37
[ion] C2
636 whp

Oh, well mine was broke so I must be good.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:06 PM   #38
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Oh, well mine was broke so I must be good.

not "broke" just full of shit.. if you cleaned it (is that possible) would it work again?
Nate's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #39
[ion] C2
636 whp

broke = clogged

how else does a cat fail besides just simply falling apart, which mine did as well
Old 01-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #40
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

basically, once you cross the 80k mark in one of those "no emissions test" states, you're good to go....I guess.