Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 01-13-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
supercharger issues

so, the car won't even idle properly after the supercharger install.
i'm thinking it's the injectors. damn ford red tops. oh well.
so, if anyone knows what voltage i should be seeing at idle for the 310cc supercharger injectors, it would be greatly appreciated. although, it may not even get me to that point to check.
does anyone know an exact part number from gm for these injectors? or for a set of cheap 310cc injectors to get this damn thing running?
(ion-insert post here)
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:55 AM   #2
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
are they the 310cc from the MP45 kit? if so, they run at 10-15 Ohms

and if you need new ones...
http://www.carcustoms.net/product_in...roducts_id=401

Last edited by Ttop191 : 01-13-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Ttop191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
bump...because Ion is here and can assist with all his LD9 wisdom
Old 01-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
Th0r
GX Member

Th0r will become famous soon enough
Is it reflashed yet?
Old 01-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
widbyj
GL Member

widbyj is on a distinguished road
Should not be any 'Ford' parts at all if you did a proper install of the GM kit.

Straight out of the box it should run fine. Due to the internal bypass idle and low power runs (basically anytime you still have manifold vacuum) are exactly the same as stock - this means that the original injectors can work with the original tuning, you just won't be safe to boost it. Even with the 'proper' injectors you'll have trouble running boosted until the ECM gets re-flashed. Yes, the dealership will charge for this but you really have no choice!

Later you can play with different injectors and HPTuner if you want to explore real power. As it is now your engine should be running fine if all the parts are kosher and the tune is good.

Check your spark plugs for electrode burn. You installed colder plugs, right? Run too lean, too hot, too long and you'll fry that motor. Don't use fancy plugs...
widbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

anyone have a set of used injectors from the kit they aren't using?
Old 01-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
The Ford red tops are 30lb just like the ones intended with the tune.

Did you tune it or just install the mechanical stuff and try to drive it that way?
[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #8
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

no, the computer was tuned by a guy from jbo named shifted. well, it's been forever and i can't get in contact with the guy. i wish someone could just take a look at his freaking tune and tell me what he jacked up. it's supposed to be identical to what he's running....secret cams, 2.7 pulley. i don't understand it though because at idle it's dumping fuel like the injectors are oversized.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:08 AM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
See.... this is why you don't use fake 2-bar tunes. The computer needs the new OS that has the extra tables for everything. I'm guessing he scaled the values in the stock PCM to simulate the tune.

It doesn't work well that way, at all. I know of at least 2-3 people on JBO who swear by it, but I know it's definitely not the proper way to do it, and leaves a huge margin for error. You need to get it flashed by the dealer so you can have the new operating system. The way the fuel injector constant is handled is different, among many other things.

Oh, why don't you just e-mail me his tune? I can look at it....
Old 01-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #10
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

i don't have any way of getting the tune. i don't know the info he used to log into hptuners. would if i sent you the computer. could you get me up and running?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

Oh, I just need the .hpt file. I would not know what to do with a physical computer... I need an OBD-II port.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #12
widbyj
GL Member

widbyj is on a distinguished road
If your Alero is a 2000-2003 you really should just have a dealership reflash the ECM. If I'm reading your posts correctly the tune was done BEFORE the S/C which makes it useless. Reflashing will restore normal operation AND setup the additional data tables for boosted operation, not perfect but a safe useable starting point. After that you may want to look at having a HPTune redone for your platform...
widbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst4u View Post
i don't have any way of getting the tune.
Tow it
Old 01-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #14
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
Like everyone else say you need the orginal GM supercharger flash...but somebody was saying about real power for the supercharger...but imo you can get real decent power out of it...but dont look for power that effing amazing cause you wont get cause the mp45 is really limited. The culpirt is heat. My best tune is 197 whp with meth. my .$02
Old 01-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #15
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst4u View Post
no, the computer was tuned by a guy from jbo named shifted. well, it's been forever and i can't get in contact with the guy. i wish someone could just take a look at his freaking tune and tell me what he jacked up. it's supposed to be identical to what he's running....secret cams, 2.7 pulley. i don't understand it though because at idle it's dumping fuel like the injectors are oversized.

so you got the tune a long time ago? And THEN you got the supercharger?

stop driving the car now. Get the GM S/C tune. All of a sudden things will start to work, and you'll be making your blistering 180hp
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #16
Th0r
GX Member

Th0r will become famous soon enough
Blistering!
Old 01-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #17
[ion] C2
636 whp

I made a heart-stopping 165 whp with the supercharger
Old 01-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #18
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
LOLZ....i feel great I made 197 woo hoo!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 02:54 PM   #19
[ion] C2
636 whp

'cept I was on a Mustang dyno that reads like 20% lower than the local Mustang dyno, which reads 20% lower than the other typical DynoJet and the like

people who've put down 330whp run 11s lol
Old 01-24-2010, 04:49 AM   #20
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

wow guys, definately some confusion here. the car hasn't driven since 2006. lol. the motor was blown and i was overseas. i started stock piling parts to get it up and running. in the mean time i bought some other toys, a truck and a bike. now, i've graduated and have the money to get this thing running properly. one of the things i had done was to have the computer imaged from another guys computer that was running the same setup as i had purchased. he's trusted on jbo and has done tunes for a lot of other guys. my concern is if he adjusted the fuel maps for the ford red top injectors that i had been advised to get.
as far as advise on what power adders to get, it's really not needed. all i'm looking for is getting the car to run again. i don't want or need a monster like you had built spy, just a mildly tuned grocery getter that looks half decent. hope i'm not offending anyone, it's just that i've been around this forum for a little while and already know exactly what i'm looking for. so, unless you have tuning experience (spy, ion, etc...) or have the parts i need, keep the supercharger bashing out of it. /rant