Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 05-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
Pulley size on m45 supercharger!!!!

So today I was at the track and I did what I consider a not so bad time with my beater... the LD9 S/C....

15.071@91.27
60ft : 2.281
R/t of 1.031

Now I want better times... In the very near future I will recieve my hptuner and I don't know the pulley size for the M45 that give 10 psi ???

I heard 2,6in or 2,7in.. is it true?? I don't know shit about the m45.
and if I change the pulley size, do I need a shorter belt ???
for now the beater ( old car of Vinalero ) have :

Gm s/c kit
180* t-stat
H.O. alt, 200 amp
2,3H.O. TB 57mm
Pacesetter header
Straight 2in 1/4 exhaust with no cat or resonator, only a dynomax super turbo muffler
WAI, not yet a CAI, I'm gonna put the battery in the trunk ASAP
I'm running on radial T/A 215's at 20psi on the track
also I have a short shifter
Cm coilspring and GR-2 shock
Crossdrilled and slotted brakes...

I'm waiting for your opinions on what I should do next.... CAMS, PULLEY, N2O

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I saw up to 10 psi with the 2.6, but typically 8 steady.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
Find a way to cool that hEaton down. Maybe do a meth injection kit too that should do something for you.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiguilandry View Post
15.071@91.27
R/t of 1.031

Wow look at the R/T

That's beyond sleeping on the tree

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
meth injection and cams and p&p head. also up to the 62mm TB
Old 05-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
Th0r
GX Member

Th0r will become famous soon enough
A 2.6, tune, secret cams, header, and 2.5" catless exhaust netted me 14.4x's. So with what you have, just get a smaller pulley meth and tune. That should put you low 14's easy. Cams could put you into high 13's My GMPP kit injectors were almost maxed with the 2.6, so you'll probably want to go bigger.

Edit: I was seeing 9psi consistently.

Last edited by Th0r : 05-07-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Th0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Wow look at the R/T

test and tune, it's about getting the best elapsed time, who gives about how long you wait before going. i had a 3 second r/t once
Old 05-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #8
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

SO

Looks like everybody suggest the 2,6 and a meth kit. that's what I was thinking too... do somebody know a company that does the 2,6 pulley???

I'm not gonna remove the heads unless the headgasket blows... and for the 62mm throttle I'll need to port also the blower because the opening is the same size as the 2.3H.O. TB..

On this one I just wanna do some simple bolt-ons... maybe the secret cams... they are very tempting..... but that would be the only thing ''major'' because anyway I got some oil leak on the cam towers... and timing chain cover...

www.demonautosport.ca
Old 05-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #9
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
I say go for the 2.2 pulley, should put you in the 13-15psi range....
Old 05-10-2010, 09:13 AM   #10
Th0r
GX Member

Th0r will become famous soon enough
Quote:
maybe the secret cams... they are very tempting..... but that would be the only thing ''major'' because anyway I got some oil leak on the cam towers... and timing chain cover...
That's why I did secret cams. Figured since I had to reseal my cam tower seals I might as well swap cams while I had it cracked open.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #11
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Wow look at the R/T

somebody needs a red bull.....

OR NOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

the track I go to has a .499 red light, .500 green. 1.xxx is god awful. But considering the clock on the rest of the stuff doesn't start until you start moving, that is a decent quarter. and I'm sure you can do much better on the 60ft if you launch better. I'd have to look at my old slips, but I'm pretty sure I had 1.8?? for the 60 ft...NA.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #12
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat View Post
but I'm pretty sure I had 1.8?? for the 60 ft...NA.

1.8 i don't think so, especially not N/A
Old 05-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #13
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
i've had 1.8 60ft times, & that was on slicks. With wheel time I'm sure I could've gotten down to 1.6-1.7
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #14
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
So today I was at the track and I did what I consider a not so bad time with my beater... the LD9 S/C....

15.071@91.27
R/t of 1.031

Now I want better times... In the very near future I will recieve my hptuner and I don't know the pulley size for the M45 that give 10 psi ???

I heard 2,6in or 2,7in.. is it true?? I don't know shit about the m45.
and if I change the pulley size, do I need a shorter belt ???
for now the beater ( old car of Vinalero ) have :

Gm s/c kit
180* t-stat
H.O. alt, 200 amp
2,3H.O. TB 57mm
Pacesetter header
Straight 2in 1/4 exhaust with no cat or resonator, only a dynomax super turbo muffler
WAI, not yet a CAI, I'm gonna put the battery in the trunk ASAP
I'm running on radial T/A 215's at 20psi on the track
also I have a short shifter
Cm coilspring and GR-2 shock
Crossdrilled and slotted brakes...

I'm waiting for your opinions on what I should do next.... CAMS, PULLEY, N2O

how many runs did you get on the track?

get thicker rubber, battery in the trunk under the hood no care, 2.5ich exhaust, smaller pulley, tune, meth injection.... you'll run better for sure. But just so you know that s/c is too small to do any real work on the dragstrip.

My opinion is sell the s/c and slap together a simple t3/t4 setup, or a tasty GT30 garrett. Tune it and if you don't hit a mid to low 13 out of the box we punch you.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:41 AM   #15
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

I appreciate all your opinions guys, but really I won't do any extensive work on that car because it is my daily driver I keep most of my money for my 3800 s/c one... so I won't go in a turbo setup... I'll upgrade what I need to repair first ( next things on the list are control arm bushing and front and rear tranny mount, they are pretty shot).
I can't do burnout because I only have 3/32 left on my radial t/a and I want to keep them for the whole summer... and that car isn't powerful enough fot my mickey thompson 8,5's...
Maybe If I can later I'll buy some azenis for the front, i'm on 215/60R15's...

Soo if anybody got secret cams, a meth or a nitrous kit that would be selling for cheap, I'm definatly interested..

And Albino... At this track too at 0.499 it's a redlight and I rev it to 2500 maybe before I drop the clutch, like that there is not too much wheel slips and there is always that guy that's putting water on the track for burnout... but like stated before I don't do burnout so my tires get wet at the start

Also what are the company that do the pulley for the m45.. looks like the pulley for the m62 will fit perfectly

www.demonautosport.ca

Last edited by guiguilandry : 05-16-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #16
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

reviving this... and need help

so my choice is made... now that the group buy for the swaybars has failed i'll get the money toward a hptuner on mpracing... but does anybody know the difference between the standard vcm suite and the pro vcm suite version... and can I tune with a wideband on the standard one... because if I can I won't need the pro version

and for the ld9 and ecotec crowd.. who makes the pulley for the mp45 I need a 2.7 one badly because once i'll get the hptuner... i won't be able to wait too long to tune it with the pulley...

Do I need colder spark plug at 9-10psi..... and do i need a shorter belt....

if anybody see a good deal for the secret cams too, I'm still interested... i never repaired my oil leak from the cam towers....

www.demonautosport.ca
Old 08-14-2010, 11:09 PM   #17
[ion] C2
636 whp

I've always used the standard one and used a wideband. The pro is an extra, unneeded cost.

Smoothflow for pulleys.

NGK TR6 is all you need (same as the plugs that come in the kit originally, I use them at 18 psi too).
Old 08-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #18
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

cool thanks ion... and also a friend of mine gave me a msd dis2... i think that i'll use it

www.demonautosport.ca
Old 08-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #19
[ion] C2
636 whp

for free? pass it along here
Old 08-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #20
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
so my choice is made... now that the group buy for the swaybars has failed i'll get the money toward a hptuner on mpracing... but does anybody know the difference between the standard vcm suite and the pro vcm suite version... and can I tune with a wideband on the standard one... because if I can I won't need the pro version

and for the ld9 and ecotec crowd.. who makes the pulley for the mp45 I need a 2.7 one badly because once i'll get the hptuner... i won't be able to wait too long to tune it with the pulley...

Do I need colder spark plug at 9-10psi..... and do i need a shorter belt....

if anybody see a good deal for the secret cams too, I'm still interested... i never repaired my oil leak from the cam towers....

Shorter belt....or....

Possibly add a slightly bigger alternator pulley, or idler pulley, if your model allows it, I don't know the configuration on yours.

Depends on how small diameter you go...