Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 08-23-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
a pillar gauges

anyone install A pillar gauges? if so which ones? I'm looking at getting some for mine, but could use some help on whats easy to install and what parts i need so they work properly. thanks!
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:48 AM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
bump
Old 08-23-2010, 06:17 AM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
You're seriously going to bump a thread FIVE MINUTES after you post it in the middle of the night?
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #4
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
get a 2 or 3 gauge pod
http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GA2002/ALINT/...+Am+Alero.html

and then the gauges are really up to you.
http://www.pfyc.com/c/ALGAU/Gauges.html

voltmeter would be the easiest to install, where a oil pressure gauge is a little bit harder, because you have to buy a sender unit and take out the stock sender unit.

but yea chill out these boards arent too active at night.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Gauges are your choice. I would suggest only buying the Autometer gauges. I used to have Faze but I grew up. Go to Autometer's web site and you can see all the gauges they have. Buy them at Summit or there is a guy in Flordia on eBay with a screen name that starts with an "i" that sell the gauges a bit cheaper. Just be sure to buy the ones that have "Free shipping" linked to them

Good gauges to get are Volts, oil pressure, and transmission temp.

Volts is the easiest to install since it just reads off of an ingtion wire. The other gauges require you to hook up sending units. They come with the gauge

Personally I like the mechinal gauges the best. I have a mechinal oil pressure gauge and I had a mech water temp gauge in my Delta. If my tranny gauge came in mech form I would have bought that instead of the electrical

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177

Last edited by Redog : 08-23-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

wrestlingandrunning is on a distinguished road
I've done the a-pillar gauges and kind of regret it. The top gauge is always shining in my face and makes it hard to see at night. There are other options for gauges you should check out. Though I have oil pressure, fuel pressure and volts from ProSport and I do not recommend them at all. They suck, and so does there customer service and so far all of my guages have failed and I've sent 2 back to be replaced. Anyways go mechanical when you can and check out autometer.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #7
Christato71
GX Member

Christato71 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Christato71 Send a message via AIM to Christato71 Send a message via MSN to Christato71 Send a message via Skype™ to Christato71
I think the gauges look cool but they look like they would stick out and get in the way

Blog
Christato71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #8
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
not at all
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #9
sleepyalero
GLS member

Sorry Gr1m, didnt think anyone would get pissed about it... wont happen again. but i appreciate the guys that gave me advice on this stuff it helps out. ill look at autometer. but Redog do you know if trans temp gauge is a somewhat easy job?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #10
sleepyalero
GLS member

didnt mean gr1m i mean Ion my mistake.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #11
sleepyalero
GLS member

oh anyone know where the oil pressure sender is on a 01 v6 alero? specific details would be great, im looking on the internet right now and i cant find anything, or if you have a website that says it you can just post it on here, thanks.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #12
mfuller

The oil pressure switch is right above the starter.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:41 PM   #13
sleepyalero
GLS member

thanks matt
Old 08-23-2010, 11:53 PM   #14
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
None of the gauges are hard to put in

Mech gauge you'll need one with a long enough tubing since what's on there is what you get. My electrical gauge had just enough wiring for the job and it was 10 feet. There is a port on the driver's sidein the front on the tranny and I tapped into. I didn't go the tranny drain hole like a lot of other peeps did

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:40 AM   #15
sleepyalero
GLS member

i dont know why anyone would want to put a hole in the tranny. that is risky it seems. im getting the gauges soon i hope it all goes well, im getting a vacuum, oil press, and volts, all mechanical gauges
Old 08-24-2010, 02:42 AM   #16
sleepyalero
GLS member

thanks for the advice man