Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 12-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
Special Stock Aleros?

Obviously the OSV was never made and we know the final 500's, but were there any Alero's that were produced with any specialty packages in terms of mass production that either altered the appearance or driving characteristics of the car?

The only reason I ask is because the Intrigue had both the "Autobahn" package that gave it a different final drive ratio, bigger stock brakes, stiffened suspension, and a higher speed limiter with higher speed rated tires. To my knowledge, the Intrigue also had a "Precision Sport Package" which was pretty much the Autobahn package along with stability control.

It also seems the Aurora had this Autobahn package at least for its first generation.

Did the alero have anything interesting or not really beyond the FE3 suspension?

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
nothing really, fe3 was the sport suspension. other then that, nope.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
what about the option for a Razzi kit? I've seen several of those running around...nothing for performance though..
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
what about the option for a Razzi kit? I've seen several of those running around...nothing for performance though..

There was one that had the model listed on craigslist a while back, it was called the SLS...there is one for sale in missouri right now
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
There was one that had the model listed on craigslist a while back, it was called the SLS...there is one for sale in missouri right now

the dark blue one? My girlfriend was actually about to buy that one..
Old 12-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
that is the exact one I was talking about...if I would have know of issues that were to come, and I had the money I would have went for it, it was a pretty good looking car at a decent price...did they sell it before she could get it or were there problems with it
Old 12-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
that is the exact one I was talking about...if I would have know of issues that were to come, and I had the money I would have went for it, it was a pretty good looking car at a decent price...did they sell it before she could get it or were there problems with it

she decided she didn't want to take out another loan to get it since she had just payed off her camry.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #8
03glgold
GLS member

I understand that, sucks that some 16 or 17 year old prolly got it and is out using it to lumberjack electrical poles
Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #9
happyisthealero
GL Member

happyisthealero is an unknown quantity at this point
SLS alero? Nope, try again!
happyisthealero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I understand that, sucks that some 16 or 17 year old prolly got it and is out using it to lumberjack electrical poles

Papa Rad17
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #11
03glgold
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyisthealero View Post
SLS alero? Nope, try again!

I 99% guarantee you that is what the badging on the car said and there is another member that saw the same car I did
Old 12-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
mastershake
GL Member

mastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond repute
the gold package that had gold emblems.
mastershake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake View Post
the gold package that had gold emblems.

i have the gold package.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #14
happyisthealero
GL Member

happyisthealero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I 99% guarantee you that is what the badging on the car said and there is another member that saw the same car I did

I gotta see pics cause I'm having a hard time believing it, no offense implied either.
happyisthealero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #15
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
I could put a V8 emblem on mine but that don't mean she has a v8 lol. I could also call myself "pjw" too. SLS sounds like an emblem off a jimmy/ blazer 90s pickup
Old 12-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #16
03glgold
GLS member

I can't find any pictures but I have found a few other old adds...I also can't find any factory razzi aleros searching for that either though...I know what you are saying though
Old 12-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #17
number53alero
GX Member

number53alero is on a distinguished road
The razzi was aftermarket addition. Now I recall seeing a brand new 04 alero silver coupe when I was looking back in october 2004 that the dealer put aftermarket wheels, full razzi kit, with eibach lowering springs iirc. I liked it but that shiny Final 500 sitting in the showroom was even nicer!
2004 Final 500 Alero #53
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/718701
1990 Cutlass Ciera Lowrider
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/212170
2002 Aurora 4.0L V8
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3045018
number53alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #18
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
The razzi kit was a dealer add on.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #19
redaleroboi
GX Member

redaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these parts
i found this razzi alero for sale in Illinois

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/3457684113.html
redaleroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #20
03glgold
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaleroboi View Post
i found this razzi alero for sale in Illinois

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/3457684113.html

that car fits my cost, mileage requirements...I was thinking about moving to the 3400 and it is my favorite color alero, and I wanted razzi kit...however it is way farther away than I wanted to go, and it is older than I wanted...if things don't work out with my car might have to see if someone wants to go see if it is worth the trip

EDIT: probably not dealership equipped because it has stock front bumper either that or previously wrecked...still nice car though

Last edited by 03glgold : 12-09-2012 at 09:08 PM.