Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 12-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #21
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
4.3l is inline 6 iirc
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #22
tacollins
GX Member

tacollins is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
4.3l is inline 6 iirc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Vortec_engine#4300

The I6 is the 4.2l

Mods in consideration: Painted intake manifold, (still gotta replace my lifters, planning on using MMS improved lifters), Stage 2/3 NA Camshaft, CAI, Battery relocation, upgrade stock Kicker speakers with the stock upgrade ones from WalMart, (I blew one of my rear bass speakers, )

R.I.P. Paul Walker
tacollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #23
Silver SLP
GX Member

Silver SLP is on a distinguished road
I just got a set of 4 of the 225/50/16 Cooper Zeon RS3-A. Pretty beefy tire. The "A" is for all season, but you can also get the Zeon RS3-S as a summer tire.

I researched tires a LONG time before I decided to purchase these, and they're about as good as you can get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cooper Zeon RS3-A.jpg (57.5 KB, 59 views)
Silver SLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #24
tacollins
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver SLP View Post
I just got a set of 4 of the 225/50/16 Cooper Zeon RS3-A. Pretty beefy tire. The "A" is for all season, but you can also get the Zeon RS3-S as a summer tire.

I researched tires a LONG time before I decided to purchase these, and they're about as good as you can get.

Thanks man, added to the list of tires to compare.

Mods in consideration: Painted intake manifold, (still gotta replace my lifters, planning on using MMS improved lifters), Stage 2/3 NA Camshaft, CAI, Battery relocation, upgrade stock Kicker speakers with the stock upgrade ones from WalMart, (I blew one of my rear bass speakers, )

R.I.P. Paul Walker
Old 12-22-2013, 01:00 AM   #25
Starglow
GX Member

Starglow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver SLP View Post

Yes...thanks for this as I'm looking at getting new tires shortly as well. I have Yokohama's on the GA now and they've performed well but have flat spots from where the car sat for a few years. I had them rotated/balanced when I put the car back on the road again but you can still feel some vibration at highway speeds which I don"t like, so thought I might try something different next time.

EDIT: Wow....they only have a 40k mileage warranty which kind of sucks but otherwise seem to have decent reviews.

Last edited by Starglow : 12-22-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Starglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:14 AM   #26
tacollins
GX Member

Tire list so far:

Nitto Neo Gen
Nitto NT450
Dunlop SP Sports Signature
Yokohama Avid Touring S
Cooper Zeon RS3-A
Cooper Zeon RS3-S

Got a nice list coming along, thank you to the ones that have already posted. If any more get's posted I'll make a new post and include them with these.

R.I.P. Paul Walker
Old 12-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #27
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
One thing I can't say on the neo gen tires is how well they do in snow... My car doesn't see the winter months so I've never tested it in that.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:18 AM   #28
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Hankook Ventus R-S3

/thread
Old 12-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #29
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
I currently have uniroyal tiger paw touring...thay currently have 9k miles on them and still have decently more than 95% tread depth left...yesterday while there was some struggle it made it through 9" of snow
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #30
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Out of all the tires I've had experience with the ones I like the best are the Continental ContiProContact's and the Bridgestone Turanza's. Both tires give a really nice quiet ride, handle really well in both dry and wet conditions, and the Bridgestone's take the corners very nicely too. I would definitely recommend either one of those tires to anyone who is looking for new ones.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #31
Starglow
GX Member

I have the second set of Continentals on my Sonata and they are good tires except the snow rating makes them a bit noisy on the highway.

But I'm looking at these Goodyear Eagle Sport tires for the Grand AM...it's supposedly a new updated design. I have Yokohama's on there now but they suck in snow and sometimes wet weather.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...n&autoModClar=
Old 12-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #32
That01Olds
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
I have the second set of Continentals on my Sonata and they are good tires except the snow rating makes them a bit noisy on the highway.

But I'm looking at these Goodyear Eagle Sport tires for the Grand AM...it's supposedly a new updated design. I have Yokohama's on there now but they suck in snow and sometimes wet weather.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...n&autoModClar=

Interesting I never had any issues with noise with my set of Continental's. As for the Goodyear's my parent's had a set on their Grand Am back when they had it and they said that it was a good tire, but that they wished they had gone with the Continental's instead.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #33
Starglow
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by That01Olds View Post
Interesting I never had any issues with noise with my set of Continental's. As for the Goodyear's my parent's had a set on their Grand Am back when they had it and they said that it was a good tire, but that they wished they had gone with the Continental's instead.

Don't get me wrong...I love the Continentals also, but snow rated tires for most brands in general tend to be more noisy than non-snow rated tires. This Goodyear Eagle Sport tire is supposedly a new design so there's not much info or owner reviews about it yet that I can find...but still looking.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #34
That01Olds
GLS member

Quote:
Don't get me wrong...I love the Continentals also, but snow rated tires for most brands in general tend to be more noisy than non-snow rated tires. This Goodyear Eagle Sport tire is supposedly a new design so there's not much info or owner reviews about it yet that I can find...but still looking.

Yeah and this is true. You could always give a the new Goodyear's a shot. I mean if it's a new design they might have improved it some. Me personally I think the Goodyear's are a good tire like my parent's said, but I would still take the Continental's or the Bridgestone's over them. If you do end up going with them though make sure to write up a review and let us know what you think. If not happy hunting while you continue looking. I'm sure that you will find something that you really like and are satisfied with.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #35
Starglow
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by That01Olds View Post
Yeah and this is true. You could always give a the new Goodyear's a shot. I mean if it's a new design they might have improved it some. Me personally I think the Goodyear's are a good tire like my parent's said, but I would still take the Continental's or the Bridgestone's over them. If you do end up going with them though make sure to write up a review and let us know what you think. If not happy hunting while you continue looking. I'm sure that you will find something that you really like and are satisfied with.

Yep..... BTW, I have family living in your neck of the woods. My dad's side of the family is from Dover, TN. which I'm sure you know is very close to Clarksville.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #36
That01Olds
GLS member

Quote:
Yep..... BTW, I have family living in your neck of the woods. My dad's side of the family is from Dover, TN. which I'm sure you know is very close to Clarksville.

Nice man and yeah I know exactly where Dover is at. I actually just moved up to Clarksville a little over a week ago lol. I was living over in West TN before that and was also in Oklahoma for 5 months this year while I was doing training for my job.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #37
Babyblue
GL Member

Babyblue is on a distinguished road
I went with the Toyo Proxes 4!
2004 GLS #40 of the final 500. 3500 swap and F-40 6-speed.
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #38
tacollins
GX Member

Thank yall the updated list so far is:
Nitto Neo Gen
Nitto NT450
Dunlop SP Sports Signature
Yokohama Avid Touring S
Cooper Zeon RS3-A
Cooper Zeon RS3-S
Hankook Ventus R-S3
Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring
Continental ContiProContact
Bridgestone Turanza
Goodyear Eagle Sport
Toyo Proxes 4

R.I.P. Paul Walker
Old 12-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #39
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
That's a lot of tires. Lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #40
tacollins
GX Member

Yeah I guess it is. I've been away a while so sorry for not being around...

R.I.P. Paul Walker