Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 01-03-2004, 12:39 PM   #41
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
if its any consolation silver...i believe you...just get a video and prove these guys wrong
Old 01-03-2004, 12:52 PM   #42
mason

ill go with you in the spring.... im in Stratford Ontario... so it cant be that far... Id like to see that.. im only running 15.7 with CAI, Exhaust and 3400 engine... so im curious too
Old 01-03-2004, 04:35 PM   #43
Silverknight

^^ PM'd I also just checked how far away u are, it would be about a four hour drive for u if u were to make the trip...U ever been to Cayuga? I think it's a little closer to where u live.
Old 01-03-2004, 04:41 PM   #44
Silverknight

I'll be going sometime in April, I'll also show u a few tricks to pull better times out of an almost stock engine.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:19 PM   #45
aleropimp1

i believe you man i have a 2.4l 5 speed and there faster than people think. i raced my one friend with the same car but his is auto and it was on an airport runway i think it was .5 miles and i beat him by about 8 car lengths at about 110mph. the stopping distance is also included in the 1/2 mile.

Rock on silver five speed aleros we rule
Old 01-05-2004, 06:49 AM   #46
kwicslvr

Just for the record, I do believe you also!
Old 01-05-2004, 08:44 AM   #47
Silverknight

Thanks, at least some ppl on this site would rather respect then be skeptical. And yes 2.4L 5 Speed Aleros are under rated. Depending on driver skill they can be just as fast as Cavaliers or Sunfires with the same Engine/Tranny.

(ohh by the way CHECK OUT MY SIG PIC)

l
l
\/
Old 01-06-2004, 12:29 AM   #48
nguyen187

hey silver i'm wit you man, i ran a 16.1 with just an intake and welded on muffler! so if you add the nitrous and drags i can see a mid 14 sec run. They can say whatever as long as you got the proof i'm with you. Hell run it at the GAP this summer and prove them wrong, i know i will be suprising a whole lotta people with my 2.4 5spd setup!
Old 01-06-2004, 01:56 AM   #49
Silverknight

hey man u got a turbo, if I make it to GAP we should go head to head, turbo Vs Sprayed
Old 01-07-2004, 12:22 AM   #50
nguyen187

i'm game, but i hope you got a whole lot more planned, cause by then i should have my bottom end fully built! hehe! but yeah seriously if you can get to the GAP! it sure seems like there's gonna be a whole lotta fast cars out there.

and for those that doubt the abilities, i raced my cousing with his Z24 5spd, same exact mods, we were dead even, it all broke down to driver skills! believe it or not but thats the way it is.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:13 AM   #51
Silverknight

^^^^so tru man so tru ...if I do make it I'll be sure to up the shot too 100 by then ...should put me in the low 14's hopefully
Old 01-19-2004, 08:54 PM   #52
I8ayellowcrayon

Its all in where you are located also, elevation, track temps, driver.... I had a bone stock 3400 auto (...) with Dunlop ZR's on the front, and pulled a 16.5. I've read the stock times for this car is a 16.1.

I also have a D16 Civic that weighs in at 2109 with basic bolt-ons that was 2 tenths faster than my Alero. So there is something messed up with your times compared to your friends D16 Civic. Thats about the same times I'm pulling but your 4cyl 5spd alero shouldn't be pulling those times. You said you ran a dyno, have any papers from that?

My argument with the D16 Civic may be a little out of place, but I had a SOHC 1.6, cam gear, I/H/E, slicks, NGK plugs, plug wires, and B&M FPR. And I ran a consistant 15.8.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:38 PM   #53
Silverknight

my friends civic had an intake and exhaust, and he was lucky to pull a 16.1 outta it, he normally runs 16.2-5's and I do have papers from the Dyno, just not scanned yet, I will scan them eventually, hell I'm even going to get it Dynoed again in about a month, I'll post a video too. and if you didn't knowtice, my car was running slicks and weighs about 2800 lbs .
Old 02-10-2004, 06:23 AM   #54
Sportalero

I'm surprised no one has brought up "Factory Freak" at all . Every other kind of reason has come into play as to why Silver's run isn't believable <_< .