Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 11-30-2005, 09:03 PM   #21
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
you could polish it if you have LOTSSSSSSSSSSS of time. i would recomend powder coating over the spraycan. far as color well depends on if you want it to stand out or blend in. black would blend in. a silver or gray would make it stand out.

i just had mine beadblasted and the cleared with por15. but next time it will be polished or chromed. depends on cost and time.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:09 PM   #22
PrImEtImE
GL Member

PrImEtImE is an unknown quantity at this point
cool thanks oldsman. I was wondering how your manifold was looking so clean?? so what kind of hp is it going to give me?? there's no like "potential risks" installing this aftermarket manifold in my car is there??? (just wondering)
PrImEtImE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:17 PM   #23
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
no risks. unless you install it wrong but still you are just looking at a vacuum leak.

far as a HP gain. well it has never been measured. but you should get 5-7hp with it.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:39 PM   #24
PrImEtImE
GL Member

cool. so than with my magnaflow exhaust, TB, and manifold, what do you think would be a good next performance mod?? possibly thinking of getting the auto trans. interceptor. I do really want the ID intake because I want to get rid of the stock air box but I might wait a while. so before I do anything major what are some other mods I could get done??? (springs and intake probaly a little wait for them).
Old 11-30-2005, 09:44 PM   #25
Oldsman
Owner

i like the B&M shiftplus over the interceptor.

other mods............hum. well top of the list would be the ID CAI. since you are doing the 2.3 manifold you might want to just go with a WAI for now. not sure if stock air box will work and it might hurt ya also.

the only other things bolt on would be pullies, header. after that then it's inside the motor you could go.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:54 PM   #26
PrImEtImE
GL Member

So you're saying it would be best to wait to install the 2.3 until I get a CAI or WAI but prefferably a CAI?? and the shiftplus is an automatic transmission right and I can keep the same shift knob as I have???
Old 11-30-2005, 11:54 PM   #27
Oldsman
Owner

being how the TB is completely relocated the factory airbox may not reach the TB. but a WAI would be better and there would still require so modification to get it to work. with the ID it also has to be modified to work. so maybe you should take a look at whether or not you can modify the stock box to reach the TB. to do that just remove the stock manifold and TB and then just sit the 2.3 manifold and TB in place and see what would need to be done. if it will work then install it. if requires some extra mod then reinstall stock manifold and TB. with the stock gasket it can be reused and be no problem.

the b&m does the same as the interceptor. there is a how to on the b&m so maybe read up on it and it is also a lot less in cost.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:39 AM   #28
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman@Nov 30 2005, 08:03 PM
you could polish it if you have LOTSSSSSSSSSSS of time. i would recomend powder coating over the spraycan. far as color well depends on if you want it to stand out or blend in. black would blend in. a silver or gray would make it stand out.

i just had mine beadblasted and the cleared with por15. but next time it will be polished or chromed. depends on cost and time.

The pot alum is a pain in the azzzz to polish (and doesn't turn out all that well)the surface is just too irregular, it would also be difficult to paint for the same reason. I powercoated mine (be sure to have it out gassed first), you could also have it chromed, which someone is rather fond of
Old 12-01-2005, 11:23 PM   #29
Oldsman
Owner

i have seen a few polished and it looks good but what a PITA to do.

what you trying to say, eddie..................LOL
Old 12-02-2005, 01:43 AM   #30
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

If you sand/grind the manny smooth it would probably turn out pretty nice but I'm lazy. just p/c the female dog and call it done, esp when I can do it in the garage

as for the chrome it just shows some ppl's age :nana:
Old 12-02-2005, 09:11 PM   #31
PrImEtImE
GL Member

I accidentally stepped on the brand new gasket that was sent with the manifold and cracked off just one of the bracket things that stick out on it...is that going to be a big deal????do they end up needing to clip on to something?? hopefully i'm not going to need to buy another one because I don't know where to?? hopefully not....and also where could I get the shiftplus for the best price......
Old 12-02-2005, 11:36 PM   #32
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Not sure what you broke off but a new gasket can be had from most auto parts places for <$15. Cheap insurance.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:45 PM   #33
Oldsman
Owner

get a new gasket just goto autozone or pepboys and ask for a intake manifold gasket for a 90 olds cutlass calias with 2.3 HO which is the LGO motor. it is like $10-$12 dollars.

i got my B&M @ jegs.com
Old 12-03-2005, 02:47 PM   #34
PrImEtImE
GL Member

cool, thanks oldsman, and would you happen to know the part# for the shifter?? just so i'm looking at the right one....
Old 12-03-2005, 04:39 PM   #35
Oldsman
Owner

goto here for all the info

http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=401
Old 12-03-2005, 08:36 PM   #36
PrImEtImE
GL Member

so for everyday driving the B&M shiftplus is cool for everyday driving just as long as I have it on a certain setting??
Old 12-03-2005, 11:45 PM   #37
Oldsman
Owner

for everyday just turn it off. they only thing i noticed is on the very hot days don't use the b&m because it heats the tranny fluid up too much then it affects the engine temp.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:55 AM   #38
PrImEtImE
GL Member

ya I'll probably go with the B&M because for 40 dollars you can't go wrong. But why is it so much cheaper than the interceptor??? and the on and off switch can it be installed somewhere in the car or do you have to go under the hood to get to it??? lol last question on this until I get it....
Old 12-04-2005, 04:18 PM   #39
Oldsman
Owner

now why would you install the switch under the hood? maybe install it in the trunk..............lol

it is meant to go inside that way you can flip the switch on or stage1 or stage2.

the interceptor has adjustments rather than preset settings also it is plugs into the harness at the tranny so more to it. meaning more plastic and wiring.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:23 PM   #40
PrImEtImE
GL Member

actually as far as performance I might not get the B&M shifter. I'll just probably go with the TB and manifold, soon a CAI, and possible some springs.............