Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 05:17 PM   #1
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by "Domey"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Domey")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Quality: A++++++++
Shipping: A+
Warranty: A+
Instruction: A
Installation: A

I love this kit. It glows SO FAR OUT YOUR CAR. I was sittng in my yard, and I looked over at my neighbors house and the side of my neighbors house was GLOWING.

I driving down the street and look to my left and see the lights bouncing off the curb. This kit really is awesome.

7 different colors, 9 different strobe modes. Cant beat this kit.

Two problems occurred. They never sent me wire extensions so I had to splice wires myself. The other problem, is one of my tubes half of the tube, the green LED's have a bad connection. I am sending it back and they are sending me a new one.

You have to love this warranty. I would post pictures, but my digital cam sucks![/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by "Domey"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Domey")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>As I said, I had a bad tube that had a bad connection that stopped the green LEDs from working.

I un-installed that one tube and was about to ship it. I called PlasmaGlow before and they said it was okay. So I called warranty department to have them send a call to come pick it up.

I mentioned again the problem and told him I spliced my wires(I told this to the other rep and he said to go ahead and ship it). I spoke with Jeff, the warranty manager, and he told me my warranty was voided because I spliced the wires. This creates a problem.

I mainly baught this kit specifically because of the warranty. Now, no where in the warranty or anything does it say splicing wires will void the warranty. I told him that, he said the warranty only coveres manafacture defects, and now there was no way to tell if it is because of my splicing. So now that makes me mad.

Him and I got into a debate. It spefically says in the manual that wire extensions were included incase they did not reach. They wernt included. I mentioned this to him and he said that they have old kits that do not have the extensions. So I told him that it is then there negligance that they did not put the extensions in, and also sold me an out dated kit. He still said my warranty would not cover it and that I would have to purchase a new tube.

We talked a little longer and asked who was higher up then him. Its the owner. I asked to speak to the owner but he was not in, he will be in monday, and I will speak to him then. I told him if my warranty was voided my lawyer would contact PlasmaGlow seeing as how it was there fault there were no extensions. Splicing wires shouldnt be a problem. I did it perfectly. I wrapped each individual wire in electrical tape, then taped them all after they were each wrapped. I checked and re-did my splicings last night, still have the same problem. I believe it is a bad connection someplace inside of the tube, or in the cap.

I really like these tubes. I am hoping the distributor I baught it off of will refund my money. If he does that I am going to buy a new one, and then my warranty will be in place.

I am going to speak to the owner Monday. If my warranty is still going to be voided I will have my lawyer call him. If it still stands that my warranty is voided they will have to either replace 3 of my four tubes that I spliced, have a lawsuit on there hands, or the distributor better refund.

I am not trying to be an ahoe to these guys. I was very polite and talked with the guy for about a half an hour. The idiot I spoke to on AIM just kept talking in circles, he didnt know what the hell to say. "If you didnt have extensions you should of called us and baught some." Sorry buddy, but extensions were suppose to come with the kit, why would I spend more money when they were suppose to be there in the first place.

I really like these tubes. But I baught this not only because of the quality of the glow, but because of the warranty. I still would suggest anyone buying neons to go with PlasmaGlow, because they by far are the best in quality. Just dont splice your wires.

It sucks that you cant. I dont see why the hell it would void it. Or how they couldnt check it. Its not like I ripped the whole tube apart to splice. I cut and put back together. That doesnt make it not checkable.

Sigh, bunnying trials and tribulations.[/b]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Domey")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Oooookay, I dont know what the hell is going on.

I currently have three tubes under my car. Please remember last night they were working fine. My uncle came in from out of state tonight and wanted to see them. So I turn them on and look at him and ask how he likes it. He says, "What?". I said "The lights, you like them?". He was stumped, he didnt know what I was talking about. So I take a look at my control panel, sure enough my switch is on. So im like hmm maybe he isnt looking in the right place. So I get out of my car and go next to him.

Sure enough, the lights wernt on. So I immediatly get a little upset. I go and turn my lights on, and back off again. Then he is like "Oh! I see a tiny bit of blue! Oh nevermind its gone".

So I look under my bumper, and TWO of all of the LEDS in the tube are on, and they are so dimmed its almost impossible to see. Now, I am really getting pissed. I hope back into my car, and take a look at the connections behind my switch. They are all fine.

At first I thought it could of been my ground. But when I saw the lights go on, and then dim down, I knew it couldnt be that. So I get on my knees, and I start to see a little bit of smoke comming out of my control panel. Immediatly I shut the kit off and starting cussing.

I am extreemly pissed off. To find out when I first opened my kit that I didnt get any extensions. Then to finally install it after about 7 hours of working(Damn splicings took so long, not to mention trying to find a spot in my rear bumper for the tube). Then I turn my kit on, and see that half of my green LEDs on my driver side tube arnt working.

So I say whatever they'll replace it, its lifetime warrantied. So I call them and told them everything, even how I spliced it(I didnt talk to Jeff the first time, some other guy in warranty) and he gave me a box number, and told me to ship it. So I un-install that one tube, and I went to Fedex to ship it. They told me that I should get PlasmaGlows number and have them setup a call to come and get my tube. So I called warranty again and explained my situation, this time to Jeff, the warranty manager. Now he tells me my warranty is voided and im pretty much bunnied. But I can buy a new tube for 99.00. Ya, bullpoop. I just spent lot of money, why would I spend more when im suppose to be under warranty.

Now tonight my lights arnt even working. None of them. Oh ya, there is NO WAY this could of been a installation problem such as putting my wires near something that gets hot. My car was turned off all day. So that isnt a factor. The smoke was comming from INSIDE the control panel. Not underneath, inside my firewall, but from the control panel itself.

I love this kit, I really do. Theres nothing like them. I just believe they sold me an out dated kit. Well I dont believe it, I know it for a fact. Jeff even told me that they have some out dated kits in there warehouse that dont come with extensions. Well guess what, I never got extensions.

For anyone who has this kit, dont bother talking to the idiot rep who talks on AOL. He is a complete moron. I asked him why I didnt get extensions. He told me if there wernt extensions in the box, the wires were already extended by 4 feet. Im sorry, but my longest tube of the front and back placements. The wire was maybe 4 or 5 feet long. So your telling me they orignally made there tubes one foot in wire? Bullpoop moron. How you gonna stretch one foot of wire under the body of you car.

Again, I still suggest this kit to anyone. It IS THE BEST. I am hoping I am just the unlucky one out of thousands. And not out of a hand full.[/b][/quote]
<!--QuoteBegin-"Silentalero"
@
Ok also for those who do not want to go through ebay.

www.oznium.com sells these and is a sponsor on the site here so yea, the pwner hpil is a great guy and is easier to get ahold of than somebody on ebay.
[/quote]
<!--QuoteBegin-"Domey"

Well actually I spoke with the guy again today. I baught it from someone who gets it from a guy in Florida. This guy doesnt go through PlasmaGlow, he goes through the people who manufacture for PlasmaGlow. The kit is infact real, down to the same wires. The reason Jeff(Warranty Manager at PlasmaGlow) said it was fake is because when he opened the box there was no "PlasmaGlow" logo on the control box, so he didnt even touch it. He just put it on the floor and called me up.

Really wish he woulda went more into detail and actually looked at it. Cause I been waiting to damn long for this bullpoop, I want my LEDs back!

Anyhow I talked to the guy from Florida and he told me to send them to him and he will ship me new ones. So cheers.

Ima call Jeff up today. I already paid the money to ship it to PlasmaGlow. No way in hell am I paying to have it shipped back to me then back to Florida.

I'll keep ya updated.
[/quote]

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote