Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 03-13-2006, 06:50 PM   #1
ryan_alero06

Hi, I have recently used injector cleaner, replaced my fuel filter, replace plugs & wires. I do have a intake manifold leak and want to know if this is causing my problem. If you pull from a start and are driving normally and press the accelerator down 1/2 or half my car starts to choke, even fully depressed to the floor it chokes a little before going. Also once pressed to the floor in any gear it doesnt like to go every 4800-5000RPM just sticks there sometimes. It kinda feels like a vaccum leak. Im wondering if the intake gasket leak is contributiing to it. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY, the car is going in soon to get the intake gasket fixed too.

Thanks alot
Ryan
Old 03-13-2006, 06:54 PM   #2
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
did you remove the rev limiter? If not you don't have a problem with it not revving over 4500rpm
Old 03-13-2006, 08:20 PM   #3
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
can't remove the rev limiter unless you got a PCM upgrade or a PowrTuner.

Yes, it's most likely your manifold leak. Will cause all kinds of erratic problems. Get that fixed ASAP, or else driving it like that long term will cause it to lean out and burn stuff up on the internals. Your computer adds specific amounts of fuel based on the MAF readings in your intake, however if you're taking in more air elsewhere, it wont read that, and will lean out.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:09 PM   #4
brim
GLS member

brim is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brim
no engine lights?

without more info I'd say the speed sensor on the tranny

but that depends if it has trouble shifting out of gear or not, if it just pulls and pulls and won't change it's the speed sensor

follow the titans
brim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:48 PM   #5
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

slowandlow is an unknown quantity at this point
i had a problem when i got water in my cai it would run bad when i reved it over 4k
slowandlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
^ ditto, mine would pretty much fall on it's face unless I babied it. I'd have to agree with BlackJack on this one, theLIMG leak causes all kinds of nasty stuff, and needs to be adressed ASAP.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 02:24 PM   #7
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by slowandlow@Mar 15 2006, 09:48 PM
i had a problem when i got water in my cai it would run bad when i reved it over 4k

Yeah, filters that are soaked with water don't work too well... I don't think that is the case hear, sounds like LIM to me. Off Topic, but my buddy had a Ranger and we drove it through the edge of a lake and there was a hole and the water came 1/2 way up the windshield! The truck stayed running just long enough to get back to land and we got to dump water out of the intake tube and put in a new filter...we were prepared as this wasn't exactly the first time that had happened...