Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 09-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #1
02AleroEco
GL Member

02AleroEco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 02AleroEco
Custom Front Speaker Grills... and complete speaker rewire

So first. i have all aftermarket speakers, Jensen and Pioneer, and a Sony Xplod Headunit.. soon to include a Sony Xplod Amp, and 10" 1200W Sub, from a Focus, im gonna custom fit it into my trunk. after i get the Sub and Amp set up, im gonna work on making a custom enclosure for two more Xplod Subs and Amp

So for the front speakers being Pioneer i want to show them off a bit. i am making custom Speaker Grills outta 1/8" Aluminum. so wut sort of design should i use? and no thats not all im doin in the front, i am gonna put LEDs and wire them to my Fog lights/Fog light switch.

Now the rewiring... i have 18Gauge speaker wire(blue/silver) looks cool, Blue being positive. I have all the wire run the way it needs to be thru the door sils, with the other wire, and the front speaker wire run through the doors. The next thing i need to know it do i wire the the wires from the speakers in to the Stock harness, or the Aftermarket harness going into the Head? and if into the head to i go into the black plug from the Head, or the end plugging into the stock harness.. and if i do need to go into the stock harness, i need to know which wires are which, i know that Grey, and White are front, and Green and Violet are for the rear speakers.

All input is welcome
02AleroEco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
02AleroEco
GL Member

02AleroEco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 02AleroEco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02AleroEco View Post
So first. i have all aftermarket speakers, Jensen and Pioneer, and a Sony Xplod Headunit.. soon to include a Sony Xplod Amp, and 10" 1200W Sub, from a Focus, im gonna custom fit it into my trunk. after i get the Sub and Amp set up, im gonna work on making a custom enclosure for two more Xplod Subs and Amp

So for the front speakers being Pioneer i want to show them off a bit. i am making custom Speaker Grills outta 1/8" Aluminum. so wut sort of design should i use? and no thats not all im doin in the front, i am gonna put LEDs and wire them to my Fog lights/Fog light switch.

Now the rewiring... i have 18Gauge speaker wire(blue/silver) looks cool, Blue being positive. I have all the wire run the way it needs to be thru the door sils, with the other wire, and the front speaker wire run through the doors. The next thing i need to know it do i wire the the wires from the speakers in to the Stock harness, or the Aftermarket harness going into the Head? and if into the head to i go into the black plug from the Head, or the end plugging into the stock harness.. and if i do need to go into the stock harness, i need to know which wires are which, i know that Grey, and White are front, and Green and Violet are for the rear speakers.

All input is welcome

B]so wut sort of design should i use?[/b]

by this i mean, wut kind of design to get the best sound, because when i place them over the stock position, the bass sounds better than just being bare with no grills
02AleroEco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:23 PM   #3
ares89
GL Member

ares89 is on a distinguished road
for best sound wouldnt you want as little covering the speaker as possible? so maybe a design that has slanted bars with wide gaps between.. maybe?

*New Daily* 2009 Ford Mustang 4.0L Convertible - Vista Blue with Silver Striping
ares89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:25 AM   #4
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
and u dont want bass coming out of ur front or rear speakers
all my speakers have bass blockers on them ten i have the 4 12s in the back seat
pimpalero2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
zoomie
GX Member

zoomie is on a distinguished road
Hey, You have a Sony in your dash? I just went through Crutchfields and I really wanted the sony with the bluetooth but they told me it was too large and wouldn't fit in my dash. I ended up with a Kenwood that's ok but I really wanted the Sony.

Sorry, I didn't meen to hijack this speaker thread. You wanna talk off line?

Did you install the deck yourself?
zoomie is offline   Reply With Quote