Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 09-01-2004, 08:39 PM   #1
|Rev|

Hey, I installed my new adjustable fuel pressure regulator from pfyc last night, but I also need to install the fuel pressure gauge, and I cannot find out how to do this for the 2.4l motor, because the directions they have are for the v6 model. If anyone has any info on this, or a link to somewhere that has instructions, than please let me know. I need to know how much fuel I am pumping!!
Old 09-01-2004, 08:56 PM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
most people pull the fuel rail and drill and tap it for the gauge. or what you have to do is put a T in the fuel line for the gauge.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:46 PM   #3
|Rev|

I have the T, but where in the fuel line?
Old 09-02-2004, 12:26 AM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
where the fuel line meets up with the return line and goes over the ignition module then it goes back towards the firewall. so basically between where it turns to aluminum line and before it goes by the idi cover.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:03 AM   #5
|Rev|

thanx, Ill look for it.

Oh and if I want to get a gauge that will go inside the car, will I have to replace this one? Its the one that stays in the engine bay.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:56 AM   #6
Oldsman
Owner

one inside the car will be expensive. because you need an isolator to prevent any spark starting your car on fire.

i would say you don't need a FP gauge inside. the one in the engine will work just as good.