Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 09-20-2004, 11:16 AM   #1
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, so Sunday September 19th was the big Coy's Custom Wheel and Tire Tuner Bash, actually a big turnout, i'm horrible at estimating but i would guess at least 500 cars....4 aleros, me(99alero_boy), mike(sc/alero), greg(i don't think he is on these boards but has a white supercharged alero), and also NATIVE (i didn't get his real name, has a nice built 2.4) also John (springsfastestalero) showed up and so did bdizzle but he didn't run, and mike's friend showed up in a 3400 with a 3800 supercharger 1990 cavalier pretty sweet........anyways.....nobody entered in the show division cuz then you had to park away from everybody else.....then the racing started.......due to traction problems the cavalier left voluntarily after the first elimination round....still managed a 14.6......NATIVE wasn't running consistent and also dropped out voluntarily, greg made it to like the 5th round then lost to me..by .08 seconds!!! ...kind of sucks that i had to knock him out but hey.... then there was mike (sc/aLero) at about 3:00 won the burnout contest, pretty sweet, got $300 in Kumho certificates and a big ass trophy, the next run after that he braked hardcore at the finish line and still broke out by like 2 or 3 tenths....then there was me......what could be more american than a primer car winning the drag races ....anyways yeh, total i ran 10 races throughout the day...2 timetrials and 8 elimination rounds.....i consistently ran 16.7-16.9 throughout the day, started with 16.75 dial in and slowly moved it up during the day to 16.90 for the last like 4 rounds......anyways i won and ended up with a big ass trophy and $200 cash............overall everybody had a great time.....good beer brauts....and can't complain with a 50% win percentage in the aleros....... :thumbsup:

me (99alero_boy) on the right....mike (sc/alero on the left)
Old 09-20-2004, 11:22 AM   #2
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
here is a better pic minus us (well maybe that's why it is better!!) and FYI, this why only my third time ever at a track, GAP03 (lost first round of eliminations), last week at bandimere (red lighted .020 first round), and then sunday (first place supermod division)
Old 09-20-2004, 11:24 AM   #3
kwhauck
2Screwy

here is one of mike's tires, it was 60 seconds of pure mayhem....he was so close to popping the tires too...
Old 09-20-2004, 11:25 AM   #4
kwhauck
2Screwy

aww mike, you look so proud!!! j/k was friekin awesome all the smoke you put out......
Old 09-20-2004, 12:30 PM   #5
sc/alero

this was by far the best time i have ever had at bandimere it was great to see kyle win the whole thing CONGRATS KYLE you did great and we can't wait until next year to take it all again. it was very impresive to have two of us take first on an import race. i am still smelling rubber in the car. OH WHAT A SWEET SMELL.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:22 PM   #6
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
damn, i wish i could have went.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 02:02 PM   #7
sc/alero

it was a kick ass time we all had some great fun. springs and i were thinking maybe we could rent the track for a day and have everyone just come out and we could all play or maybe do a N-body meet or some type of a meet like that.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:07 PM   #8
sc/alero

we should have a few videos from the burn out contest as well it was fun as hell to see all the smoke
Old 09-20-2004, 02:47 PM   #9
|Rev|

damn, wish I was there, good job guys!!
Old 09-20-2004, 04:45 PM   #10
brim
GLS member

brim is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brim
Quote:
Originally posted by sc/alero@Sep 20 2004, 06:07 PM
we should have a few videos from the burn out contest as well it was fun as hell to see all the smoke
*ding ding ding*

follow the titans
brim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 04:52 PM   #11
sc/alero

trust me brim we totally thought about you when we went into this. the only bad thing is we don't have a complete full length video. just bits and pieces. kyle got to excited to see all the smoke he forgot he was taping it the video is funny as hell 15 seconds of burn out and 40 seconds of ground viewing. lol
Old 09-20-2004, 05:21 PM   #12
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Civic boys are now crying

Good job :thumbsup:

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:48 PM   #13
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad to hear you guys did so well. Also glad to hear about Aleros kickin' ass and takin' names. :thumbsup: Looks like that tire was SO close to poppin' man. I'm lovin the 2nd pic. Not because you guys aren't in it, but it's much more clear. Definately a cool pic. B)

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:53 PM   #14
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
VERY NICE!!!! That tire looks totally toasted. I'd hang that up on the wall and place the trophy inside it. I'd love to race one of those events. We have the SportCompact Nationals coming up on 10/2 but I've already been told by my track that I can't compete in that or the Survival Series due to being a regular Points racer. Apparently the guys running the events are a little upset that Points racers come to these events and rake up the easy money so it was recently declared that we can't run their events anymore. Ken can probably get away with it since he's not as well known yet as me. I might still show up on 10/2 anyway.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:15 PM   #15
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
what was native running for times?
Old 09-20-2004, 08:58 PM   #16
sc/alero

Ok guys here is the video i have springs took this one it is only five seconds but it was awesome and it got worse if you listen you can hear the S/C going and the crowd was loving it. kyle has the other one but it doesn't have sound. again i had so much fun doing this :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . on the lighter side it took me three hours to get all the rubber off the sides of the car and there is still some left. i guess i am polishing it this weekend oh well it costed $5.00 and i got a 3 foot trophey and $300.00 in tires for 60 seconds of pure enjoyment and the only alero to kick the imports asses in the burn out

My Burn Out
Old 09-20-2004, 09:23 PM   #17
|Rev|

hell yeah, that's awesome!
Old 09-20-2004, 09:31 PM   #18
kwhauck
2Screwy

maybe we should have switched and you won the drag races cuz my car is flat black and the rubber wouldn't have mattered on my car....i'd just sand it off
Old 09-21-2004, 12:10 AM   #19
sc/alero

naw you earned your win!!! mine was just becuase i was AMERICAN MADE :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Old 09-21-2004, 12:37 AM   #20
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
Congrats guys, hey SC? I have a question about your supercharger setup, I know its off topic but? are you running a charge air cooler? I'm looking into the RSM charger and I'm wondering about setting up a C.A.C.?
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote