Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 10-22-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
bkathsalero
GL Member

bkathsalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bkathsalero
4t45e Questions

So today we had Dave from Keneddy Transmission in Burnsville, MN come to my shop to drop off a Tranny. I talked to him briefly about building my tranny to handle the power I'm looking at making. Summed up he said yes. He told me to give him a call when I'm ready to do it and know what I want. These guys are by far one of the best shops in MN, maybe even the upper midwest, so I know they will take care of all the common issues. My question is what Should I clarify on building? I'm going to make it posi of course. But what else. Also does anyone know if they make stall converters for the 4t45e? Any help would be appreciated. As I know motor internals, not auto transaxles to a full extent. I mostly know how to rr them
Old 10-22-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
I don't know much about auto trannies either, but I do know that the plastic valves in GM trannies are a weak spot, so make sure they get the moving plastic parts out of it. Also get an external trans cooler once its done.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
A57
GL Member

A57 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to A57
as what ive seen you can used a tq covt. from the bigger 4t65e...but most if not all experts might steer you into using a 4t65e.. Ive havent see any after market stalls . due to lack of support... from GM.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
widbyj
GL Member

widbyj is on a distinguished road
Check this out:

http://www.importperformancetrans.co...fwd.shtml#main

as far as I can find these are the best built units out there. Maybe a lot of money... the information is there though to take you as far as you may want to go. I'm sitting on a dead New from GM tranny right now, waiting for enough money to have it built properly. Good lucks!
widbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:41 PM   #5
bkathsalero
GL Member

bkathsalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bkathsalero
/\/\ Good site, and with the 4t65e from the reading I have done I believe it takes some fab skills to install and different axles. Does the 4t65e even run the same teeth count on the axle as the 4t45e? If not you would also have to steel hubs off a different car. I guess I'm just looking at the 4t45e because I guess Kennedy can make it bulletproof an less messing around
Old 10-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #6
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Go over to GAGT.com and talk to geteck, he is a guru on these transmissions. And iirc blackjack had to have custom shortened 4t65hd axles made for his swap as the splines are different.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #7
A57
GL Member

A57 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to A57
Quote:
Originally Posted by widbyj View Post
Check this out:

http://www.importperformancetrans.co...fwd.shtml#main

as far as I can find these are the best built units out there. Maybe a lot of money... the information is there though to take you as far as you may want to go. I'm sitting on a dead New from GM tranny right now, waiting for enough money to have it built properly. Good lucks!

sitting on a dead NEW gm tranny???

wasnt there some warranty???

well if you need a trans i have one...pm me.

as for the swaps using the 4t65e mizley motor sports i know he has all the stuff you need...
if i'm not misstaking the axles used the inner axles from a GP and the outer CV joint from the alero or grand am..
Old 10-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #8
widbyj
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkathsalero View Post
/\/\ Good site, and with the 4t65e from the reading I have done I believe it takes some fab skills to install and different axles. Does the 4t65e even run the same teeth count on the axle as the 4t45e? If not you would also have to steel hubs off a different car. I guess I'm just looking at the 4t45e because I guess Kennedy can make it bulletproof an less messing around

I believe the lower part of that page indicates that most, if not all, of the mods done to 65s can be/are adapted to the 40/45s also - this way no platform changeover is involved (nor electronics).
Old 10-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #9
widbyj
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A57 View Post
sitting on a dead NEW gm tranny???

wasnt there some warranty???

'Supposed' to be 100,000 mile but I gave up at about 150. That is still an issue... it never worked right, dealership said nothing was wrong twice but didn't drive it (just in shop testing - I have a GMPP S/C, maybe they were afraid?) so I replaced it with a jy unit that works fine with no other changes to the car. hhhmmmmmm.....