Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 05-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
bshatney
GX Member

bshatney is on a distinguished road
Work In Progress!

Hi, a few weeks ago i got my 99 alero v6 2 door. i got it for $2000, it has 152k miles, but still runs amazing, not even a CEL. If i learned anything from aleromod, it was that i had to clear the headlights lol so while i had them apart, i painted them to match the body. hows it look? Also, i want to mod it up but im not sure where to start, body kit and rims, or performance. So far, aside from the headlights the only modification its getting is an intake from ebay. If i go for performance, im not really car-smart but i am thinking about competition upper intake and 65mm throttle body from wot-tech, and pace setter exhaust. would that be good for starters? any opinions are appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0061.jpg (57.5 KB, 137 views)
bshatney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Bigger TB needs a bigger UIM. The bigger UIM won't help unless it matches the LIM. And all that won't matter too much until you get headers. (they'll help a little but headers REALLY get it breathing better)

but if your getting one of the first 3, you need the other 2 to see benefit.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
sounds like someone has been doing a little research... good. and even if you are not a car kinda person.... you will learn alot here... alot of great people and good help comes from this site.

ive got the pacesetter exhaust on my 3400... love the sound of it. not many exhaust choices out there for these cars.. but if you go to youtube you can get the jist of the sound between flowmaster and pacesetter.. dont think i saw any others of youtube other then those.. but thats what i did and liked the sound of the pacesetter.. also have a hi flow cat.. you could get one of those too. also you could get a custom exhaust made.

good work on the headlights. first time ive seen someone do em red with a red car. doesnt look half bad! i did mine black (black car) but i painted the whole chrome bezel black.

also welcome to the site.. search button will be your friend. if you have a question try and search what your looking for before you ask because it might have already been covered.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
bshatney
GX Member

oh wow, sounds like a costly and complicated endeavor lol maybe i'll stick with looks. im leaning towards the duraflex showoff body kit, if i get one. thanks for the reply!
Old 05-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome......we have several members on here from kansas....
Old 05-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
What's with all the newbs lately? Anyway debadge and take off your door guards while ur at it. Btw glad to see a newb has got some decent goals

Welcome!!

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Body work is more expensive, because you gotta pay for mount/paint.

performance gets more fun in the long run. (as long as its stable)
Old 05-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
bshatney
GX Member

i have been meaning to debadge it for a few days, i guess i should break down and just do it today. and i never thought of taking the door guards off, i'll have to do that too. thanks again for the ideas and comments!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:35 AM   #9
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
just dont take the olds symbol off the front bumper unless you want a random little divit where the badge used to be. (its like 2 cm in the bumper.)

all up to you tho, your car.. i was gonna de badge the whole car when i first got it but i did the rear first but left the "alero" badge under the 3rd brake light on it.. and then went to the front and was like... nahh
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 05-06-2011 at 03:37 AM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:14 AM   #10
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
i personally like the badging on the car myself it doesn't look out of place
Old 05-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #11
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the Site!
Old 05-07-2011, 12:02 AM   #12
Brad Jahnke

Definately looks nice...welcome!
Old 05-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #13
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome, I'm from Ks too..and on the weekends I'm usually pretty close to Indy. hit me up if you ever need some help.
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #14
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

wrestlingandrunning is on a distinguished road
Welcome, I'm also from KS.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #15
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome from another kansas member
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote