Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 11-06-2006, 11:22 PM   #1
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
Maintenance weekend

upgrading injectors, oil/tranny cooler, tranny flush, phenolic upper intake spacers, phenolic throttle body spacer, fuel filter.

i'll show install picks of the spacers when i'm done, the lifted upper intake should flow cooling air nicely after i open the cowl in the hood.

the sandwich adapter for the oil filter fits nicely, i had to purchase a different one from summit, the remote filter adapter wouldnt fit anywhere.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:48 PM   #2
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh my god, that's awful!!!

Not saying that the work isn't necessary, but to someone who just learned how to change their own oil, I damn near crapped my pants seeing those photos. Braver man than I. I didn't understand half the stuff you're even doing..lol. And the shop rags going through the intake????

Last edited by CiscoPath : 11-07-2006 at 04:44 AM.
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:57 PM   #3
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
keeps the dirt out while you work on it.

Looks good man.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:31 AM   #4
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
I want a set of those spacers bad so next time i do the limg i dont have to keep buying uim gaskets, but they are out of stock indefinately on 60*v6
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:01 PM   #5
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

some updated pics, after further reassembly.

spacers installed there is a decent amout of space between the upper intake and fuel rail now.

lines installed on oil adapter.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #6
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

Install completed, programmed for the new 36lb injectors, set fuel pressure to 54 at full throttle, 48 at idle, started idled great, runs great so far, got alot of low end power back, still need more indepth programming, and tweaking. tranny is running between 125 and 155 degrees, shifts a little softer till the new fluid and programming settings settle.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #7
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
ok, cool....now, since you reprogrammed, it should have cleared your fuel trims on upload.

Just take scans at idle, and if your LTFT is more than +/- 10, then adjust by IFR, once you get it within +/- 10, then dial in by MAF.

Once you're done with idle and you're dialed in there, then continue to do the same thing incrementally at 30-35, 40-45, 50-55, 60-65, etc.

Best to use cruise control (if you have it) at the recommended speeds. Scan, retune, repeat until the LTFT's at that particular range is good, then move to the next one.

Once your fuel trims are all good, then we'll start in on timing.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:54 AM   #8
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
ok, cool....now, since you reprogrammed, it should have cleared your fuel trims on upload.

Just take scans at idle, and if your LTFT is more than +/- 10, then adjust by IFR, once you get it within +/- 10, then dial in by MAF.

Once you're done with idle and you're dialed in there, then continue to do the same thing incrementally at 30-35, 40-45, 50-55, 60-65, etc.

Best to use cruise control (if you have it) at the recommended speeds. Scan, retune, repeat until the LTFT's at that particular range is good, then move to the next one.

Once your fuel trims are all good, then we'll start in on timing.

still not sure what parameters i should scan.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:26 PM   #9
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Primarily, you'll need the following:

FT Cell
IAT
KR
LTFT
MAF
MAP (kPa)
O2
RPM
Spark
STFT
TP%
IPW
A/F
ECT
Gear
MPH
Total Misfires

That should give me a good look at what's going on during your scans. Anything extra just makes it harder to sort through everything.