Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 09-23-2005, 12:01 AM   #1
Wild Country
V.I.P. Member

Wild Country is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Wild Country Send a message via MSN to Wild Country Send a message via Yahoo to Wild Country
At only 46K miles... I HATE DOMESTIC'S!!!

Wild Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:12 AM   #2
misslindseysue

What did you do to it? The 45 is damn near bulletproof. If you weren't abusing it GM should help you out at less than 60k miles.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:55 AM   #3
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
bulletproof? lmao. mine went at 70k
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 12:59 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Bulletproof, ummmm no

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 01:56 PM   #5
misslindseysue

Ok, bulletproof in its stock condition. And we all know how you two treated yours.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:02 PM   #6
Wild Country
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Wild Country Send a message via MSN to Wild Country Send a message via Yahoo to Wild Country
The only bad thing I did to it was I was about 2K miles over on my oil change. Other than that, I babied her. Anyone have a contact with GM... Scot maybe... that I can see if they will help with this??? If so, drop me a PM. Thanks!

Old 09-23-2005, 07:04 PM   #7
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
i believe it's 1-800-442-OLDS
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:00 PM   #8
misslindseysue

Yup, start with 1-800-442-OLDS. Overdrive75 is the GM transmission hookup around here. He can't get you any help, but he might know who can.
Did you have any mods at all?
Old 09-24-2005, 12:30 PM   #9
Wild Country
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by misslindseysue@Sep 23 2005, 08:00 PM
Yup, start with 1-800-442-OLDS. Overdrive75 is the GM transmission hookup around here. He can't get you any help, but he might know who can.
Did you have any mods at all?

Just an intake

Old 09-24-2005, 12:36 PM   #10
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
didn't you buy that ar from marc.....................lol

good luck getting any help from GM. customer support isn't their highest quality. but if your a presistant about it you might get somewhere. good luck.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:52 PM   #11
misslindseysue

CAI? How long did you have it on? Hate to tell you, but there's a reason aftermarket parts and mods void your warranty. Your best bet is to get your dealer to goodwill it (assuming you have a good relationship with them).
Scot's right though, GM is piss poor at customer support, they even tell their employees to suck it, ask Overdrive75. That's still the first place to start though, a tranny shouldn't quit like that. Be nice to them, and tell them you're asking for help because you know that a trans shouldn't go out like that, and if they don't stand behind a trans with 46k miles they've lost a customer for life.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:02 AM   #12
Wild Country
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by misslindseysue@Sep 24 2005, 11:52 AM
CAI? How long did you have it on? Hate to tell you, but there's a reason aftermarket parts and mods void your warranty. Your best bet is to get your dealer to goodwill it (assuming you have a good relationship with them).
Scot's right though, GM is piss poor at customer support, they even tell their employees to suck it, ask Overdrive75. That's still the first place to start though, a tranny shouldn't quit like that. Be nice to them, and tell them you're asking for help because you know that a trans shouldn't go out like that, and if they don't stand behind a trans with 46k miles they've lost a customer for life.

Good relationship with my dealer??? Haha, yea right... they aint nuttin but a bunch o' scumbags. One of the many reasons why Marc isn't working for them anymore (he was my salesman). I dropped them an email yesterday so hopefully I'll hear something by tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Old 10-06-2005, 07:42 PM   #13
razzigls

My shifting is getting a lot more play in it than normal... i had the fluids flushed out and ever since it seems like the transmission is slipping more and more....

i have the 3.4 w/130k on my car right now. When i baby it....does fine, but if i try to accell fast then it decides to slip between gears...and a little bit while in gear..... wonder how long i have before it goes out? And what will happen when it does go out lol?
Old 10-07-2005, 10:57 AM   #14
cobra621

razzigls,

probably soon, and you'll quit moving

I thought these trannies had a decent reputation.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #15
misslindseysue

They have a great reputation, they're the best in the world. But if you flush the fluids that can mess things up, especially if you put the wrong ones back in. Sometimes when a trans is old you do more harm to put in new fluid. All the old gunk in the fluid is all that's making the clutches grab.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:14 PM   #16
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by misslindseysue@Sep 24 2005, 10:52 AM

The only warranty voided is on the parts replaced, unless they can prove the aftermarket components CAUSED the failure. I just got a brand new engine from GM with a CAI, header, and full exhaust. more info
Old 10-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #17
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by Wild Country+Sep 25 2005, 07:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wild Country @ Sep 25 2005, 07:02 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-misslindseysue@Sep 24 2005, 11:52 AM
CAI?Â;-) How long did you have it on?Â;-) Hate to tell you, but there's a reason aftermarket parts and mods void your warranty.Â;-) Your best bet is to get your dealer to goodwill it (assuming you have a good relationship with them).Â;-)
Scot's right though, GM is piss poor at customer support, they even tell their employees to suck it, ask Overdrive75.Â;-) That's still the first place to start though, a tranny shouldn't quit like that.Â;-) Be nice to them, and tell them you're asking for help because you know that a trans shouldn't go out like that, and if they don't stand behind a trans with 46k miles they've lost a customer for life.

Good relationship with my dealer??? Haha, yea right... they aint nuttin but a bunch o' scumbags. One of the many reasons why Marc isn't working for them anymore (he was my salesman). I dropped them an email yesterday so hopefully I'll hear something by tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the advice.
[/b][/quote]

YOu could always go to another dealer if the warranty is from anyone but that dealer, which is highly likely. Being in or near chicago you should be able to find a better dealer.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:21 PM   #18
misslindseysue

Well if you really want to get into it with GM, I know plenty of engineers who can prove that a CAI will fry an engine and trans.

And if you read the Mag-Moss Act, it applies to direct replacement parts, not "upgrades."
Old 10-07-2005, 01:40 PM   #19
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally posted by misslindseysue@Sep 23 2005, 12:56 PM
Ok, bulletproof in its stock condition. And we all know how you two treated yours.

It was the burnouts that did mine in, Racing didn't help but wasn't the main cause

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:03 PM   #20
Chucklez05

Yea i am having the same problems as razzi anybody know whats going on, I don't know much more then the basics about and automatic tranny so im kindda a newbie in this area.