Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 10-09-2009, 08:09 PM   #341
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00WhiteAlero View Post
wow its pathetic to see someone with alot of potential to make shit loads of money is letting work get int the way of this.

Think about what you just said. Letting WORK getting in the way of MAKING MONEY. He makes a shit ton of money where he is, and if you were to take into account how much money he's making per hour by making a set of these, its garbage compared to what he makes in his real job.
Priorities are priorities, and as much as it may suck to hear, his are in the right places.

Also, Alero owners generally don't have a lot of money, so why would he give up a consistent job to make these? If I remember right, it took a month to get 5 people in for this group buy. Giving up consistent work to do these sets would be unintelligent.

Last edited by NickAlero2000 : 10-09-2009 at 08:12 PM.
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #342
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickAlero2000 View Post
Think about what you just said. Letting WORK getting in the way of MAKING MONEY. He makes a shit ton of money where he is, and if you were to take into account how much money he's making per hour by making a set of these, its garbage compared to what he makes in his real job.
Priorities are priorities, and as much as it may suck to hear, his are in the right places.

Also, Alero owners generally don't have a lot of money, so why would he give up a consistent job to make these? If I remember right, it took a month to get 5 people in for this group buy. Giving up consistent work to do these sets would be unintelligent.
You may want to follow your own advice...kind of contradicted yourself there....LOL
Old 10-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #343
NickAlero2000
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
You may want to follow your own advice...kind of contradicted yourself there....LOL

No I'm good, Bryce doesn't own an Alero anymore lol
Old 10-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #344
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickAlero2000 View Post
No I'm good, Bryce doesn't own an Alero anymore lol
Touche...LOL
Old 10-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #345
Ian 2000GL LA1
GL Member

Ian 2000GL LA1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ian 2000GL LA1
so what ever became of this i just read the whole thing did everyone get there tail or at least a refund? are there anymore progress updates and who else wants to sell there spot?
Old 10-10-2009, 01:35 AM   #346
todd4198
GX Member

todd4198 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian 2000GL LA1 View Post
so what ever became of this i just read the whole thing did everyone get there tail or at least a refund? are there anymore progress updates and who else wants to sell there spot?

Yeah Nick was the only one who got a set of tails, and no one has gotten a refund yet. The last progress update was a few pages back I think. And if you want to buy my spot shoot me a PM.
todd4198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #347
Ian 2000GL LA1
GL Member

mabe but i want to hear some more updates.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #348
bkathsalero
GL Member

bkathsalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bkathsalero
Wow that sucks, so only one person has still gotten their tails.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #349
DansGen1Alero
GL Member

DansGen1Alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Yahoo to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Skype™ to DansGen1Alero
Yes, only one person got their tails, and updates are slow. The problem being that in order to have made the process better, back when this started, Bryce needed cores in order to start. No one could send in cores which prolonged the process. Out of all the Alero owners, only 5 at the time wanted tails. Bryce wouldn't be able to make a living making tails. The demand just isn't there. The same reason they were never mass produced. I contacted APC a while ago after word got out that they were making them for the Grand Am. They told me that it would not be beneficial due to the cost just to create the means to mass produce. They would have never got that money back, had they mass produced, the demand for the Grand Am was MUCH higher. What others may not understand, is something handcrafted one by one may take a long time. Paitence is a virtue, and yes it has been a very long time, but it boils down to how bad you want something.

Now last update, was that Bryce was looking for some cores, and if anyone can send theirs in it would speed up the process. I was at the bottom of the list because i was last to pitch in my deposit.

Now I sent him an IM and waiting for his response, if I see him online, I will try again, but I myself am a busy man, and that is why I havent been around for a long time. Just stop by here and there to check on any status. I gave my information above if anyone wants to contact me directly, or if they have a message I can try to relay, but again Bryce left his screename on MSN (the easiest way to get a hold of him)

If anyone has cores to send in, I have his address they can be sent to.

"Vinyl belongs on the side of a house not on a car"
DansGen1Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #350
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Shit bout to goto junk yard find some tails make a mold and make some of these wow. A once trusted aleromoder is total shit now. Hell how hard is it to go ahead and make all the clear lenses? Hmm there's an idea then get your cores put the LEDs in seal the lense and your done.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #351
Atmosphere
GL Member

Atmosphere is on a distinguished road
I'm actually in the process of making a new set, already have a set of cores with the lenses removed, now it's just a matter of painting, mounting the LEDs, and sealing them up. I'm still trying to get help with the lexan, though. Overall I think Wrightie does the best work (the seals on Bryce's are terrible), but he isn't responding to any of my messages.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #352
NickAlero2000
GLS member

I still need to send in my cores. I have tried a bunch of times, and he hasn't responded to me on messenger. Last time I sent them, they got sent back, he never claimed them at the post office. I want to make sure he's back, so I can be 100% the lights will be in the right place. If someone manages to get in touch with him, please let me know via PM (I still lurk around here) and I'll get back on messenger and be sure to ship them out.
Like I said, I'm just waiting on his word.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #353
DansGen1Alero
GL Member

Send a message via AIM to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Yahoo to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Skype™ to DansGen1Alero
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 View Post
Shit bout to goto junk yard find some tails make a mold and make some of these wow. A once trusted aleromoder is total shit now. Hell how hard is it to go ahead and make all the clear lenses? Hmm there's an idea then get your cores put the LEDs in seal the lense and your done.

Good luck with that, I would leave it to someone that knows what they are doing.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #354
DansGen1Alero
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosphere View Post
I'm actually in the process of making a new set, already have a set of cores with the lenses removed, now it's just a matter of painting, mounting the LEDs, and sealing them up. I'm still trying to get help with the lexan, though. Overall I think Wrightie does the best work (the seals on Bryce's are terrible), but he isn't responding to any of my messages.

Wrightie (according to another thread) is selling or sold his molds and extra tails he had. I would assume he isn't making them anymore.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:08 PM   #355
Atmosphere
GL Member

^ I know, but I spoke to him before and he said it might be possible to collaborate. That was the last I heard from him.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #356
pimpalero2003
GLS member

Hmm wrap a taillight in foil tape like better then foil make sure no wrinkles cover in deordent lay gelcoat and then lay 3 layers of glass let cure scuff layanother 2 done. Sand inside of mold to make sure perfectly smooth. Wax it heat up lexan in oven at 350 till it's soft lay in mold. Let it harden then trim and secure and seal onto taillight.

Oh and break the lense.
LEDs Even easier
Old 10-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #357
Atmosphere
GL Member

Where should I go about obtaining sheets of lexan with the correct specifications?
Old 10-11-2009, 12:29 AM   #358
Ian 2000GL LA1
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 View Post
Hmm wrap a taillight in foil tape like better then foil make sure no wrinkles cover in deordent lay gelcoat and then lay 3 layers of glass let cure scuff layanother 2 done. Sand inside of mold to make sure perfectly smooth. Wax it heat up lexan in oven at 350 till it's soft lay in mold. Let it harden then trim and secure and seal onto taillight.

Oh and break the lense.
LEDs Even easier

mabe ill try it.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:14 AM   #359
pimpalero2003
GLS member

eBay prolly be easiest place unless you have something localy.
Could skip the gelcoat looked like wrightie just used the glass dk if it matters.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #360
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosphere View Post
Where should I go about obtaining sheets of lexan with the correct specifications?

your local hardware store... or where ever you get Plexiglas from in your area..
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote