Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 12-19-2003, 08:33 AM   #1
midwestredgtp

Thumbs up

Alright well guys first I should introduce myself..im new to this forum..im from the Clubgp...but my girlfriend has an '99 alero and figured you guys would be the best...ok well here is the problem..she washed her car like a week ago...(its freezing up here) and she went to roll down her window..well the window completely got out of track...we fixed it by putting in it back in the track and had no problems..i just told her to not use it very often..well this morning she had to roll it down and now it wont come back up at all..I was just wondering anyone has had problems with this or if there was a recall that she completly missed? No idea..any help would be appreciated..I would rather fix it than take it to a mechanic to get jipped a ton of money...

Thanks a ton!
Old 12-19-2003, 08:48 AM   #2
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds to me like your window regulator. I've had to replace both of mine already and they were doing the same thing. I've seen them on ebay for about $200 cheaper than what the dealership sells them for. It only cost me $40 to have it installed at the auto glass place.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 09:15 AM   #3
Final-Reality

The window regulator? I'm not sure if jamcllw means the window mounts, but thats what it is, you broke them off the window glass, they must be weak because I've done it before too... boy that was fun.

Anyways... I just took it to the dealership and they fixed it for me..
Old 12-19-2003, 12:25 PM   #4
Johnnyangel

FR is right, especially if it's a 2-door those plastic mounts glued on the bottom of the glass snap pretty easily if you try to open the window when it's iced up.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:03 PM   #5
Kicker

http://www.1aauto.com/1a/windowregul...dsmobile/alero
Cheap place to purchase a window regulator. Haven't ordered from here though. Just bookmarked the link when I saw it.