Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-23-2003, 12:26 PM   #1
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
I'm gonna have my parents get me the 3 gauge pillar pod for my car for christmas. I know i want the Oil pressure gauge, Air/Full gauge, and...well....thats where you come in...what should the other gauge be and where can I find white gauges that glow blue at night. If they don't glow blue i dont want them because they wont match the rest of my lights and halo's in my car. I have found green and red lighted ones but no blue...anyone have an idea on either one of my ?'s. Thanks for the help, John
Old 11-23-2003, 04:32 PM   #2
bdubalero

Personally i would put a digital volt meter. I have one in my car and it helps me when i compete with my stereo. Just my idea, and the blue lights, i found some a while back at my Advance Auto store. Don't know if they still sell them there, but worth a shot.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:52 PM   #3
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
i would do volt. i have oil, a/f, and volt. far as light up blue, you can do autometer gauges and put a blue LED light in them. far as indiglo blue, there is autometer C2, faze, and i think there are a few others on nopi.com.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:36 AM   #4
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
i will check those two places out...thanks guys
Old 12-14-2003, 12:33 AM   #5
sympley

Hello all alero lovers. I am thinking about puting in some gauges as well. The question that I have is how hard are they to put it. More specificaly did you guys used mechanical or electric gauges for teh oil pressure and A/F meter. If they were done the electircal way where did you hook up the wires from gauges. I really like the look of gauges but I do not want to go the mechanical way (could become messy).
Please help.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:40 AM   #6
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
yea, i got air/fuel and volt in the same gauges oldsman has in a 2 pillar pod.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:45 PM   #7
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
well you can go to either electric or mech. oil pressure. i have mechanical. i was going to go to electric but oh well. it think the mechanical is better but i am a little old school on that.

far how hard to install. they really aren't. they only think that can be a pain is the oil pressure but that depends on what motor you have.