Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 12-18-2003, 03:14 PM   #1
sgdalero

Hey guys,
My friends Alero radio stopped working. She has power to it, meaning it lights up and shows the time/station , but she gets no sound. Its a 2001 gls, She said she had a mech. look at it , and told her that the fuses were fine. But it still doesn't work. It will take a CD and play it , but with no sound agian. Has anyone else had this problem??
Old 12-18-2003, 03:35 PM   #2
2kalerorocket

Sounds like you lost connection to the onboard comp. I am not sure where exactly. When I was trying to install an '01 radio in my 2k I had the same thing occur till I ran a line that connected the radio to the purple wire on the Data Jack, then everything worked fine. You might try that to see if that fixes it then you'll know that some where downstream the wire got messed up.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:31 PM   #3
velocity

I know this sounds stupid but turn the radio on, turn the rear defrost on and then off, turn the volume down all the way and then back up. I had the same sort of problem and this fixed it, of course it kept happening every couple of days till I said screw it and got an aftermarket HU.