Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 04-21-2008, 03:48 AM   #61
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
my mouth is watering over what you could accomplish with a chevelle....
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:51 AM   #62
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
hey mike ... ill swap you cars and a bit a cash for yours ... then you still have a daily driver and "mine" would then finally have the turbo :P
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:57 AM   #63
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
damn, that sucks, kinda funny thought cuz that is exactly what happened when my motor blew 2 years ago, except also the #6 piston turned into about 5 pieces. I was trying to thread the spark plug back in with my wife pouring ice onto my hand just so I could get the car to limp home.......and with the project car, do whatever you want, that's all i am doing with the alero, my dreamcar.........

yeah, shit like that happens when the #6 cylinder is last in the coolant flow path and last on the fuel rail.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:20 AM   #64
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
too bad you can't redesign to have fluid/coolant come in from each side, and drain out the center front/back...
Old 04-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #65
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Yeah, the only reason I'd de-mod it is because I want to keep the car for a daily driver. I still love the car, but when I think about how much more I planned to pour into it over the next couple of years, it makes me realize how I could afford my Chevelle for about the same money.
Just keep the Alero and get the Chevelle. That's what I'm doing in probably less than a month, but it's not a Chevelle I'm getting...
Old 04-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #66
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
too bad you can't redesign to have fluid/coolant come in from each side, and drain out the center front/back...

yeah, then it would be cylinder 2 and 5 that were overheating. You wouldn't get away from it either way, but good idea in concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
Just keep the Alero and get the Chevelle. That's what I'm doing in probably less than a month, but it's not a Chevelle I'm getting...

problem is ONE of them is going to be in the 10's....and there's only money for either or, but not both

Just testing the waters, but what do you guys think the Alero would go for the way I built it (54k miles) and everything in proper order?

Old 04-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #67
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
$5, i'll buy it
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:29 PM   #68
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
$5, i'll buy it

somehow I knew your integrity wasn't going to factor into this equation...hahahahaha.

Just remember the old addage....."Speed cost money" If you want $5 worth of fast, I can send you a bolt off of this wastegate or blow-off valve.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:22 PM   #69
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Quote:
hahaha.....I didn't see any of the posts after my last because my email notifier apparently wasn't working.

Yeah, the only reason I'd de-mod it is because I want to keep the car for a daily driver. I still love the car, but when I think about how much more I planned to pour into it over the next couple of years, it makes me realize how I could afford my Chevelle for about the same money.

sell me your turbo set up....and thats a good start on the chevelle
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:49 PM   #70
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyb View Post
sell me your turbo set up....and thats a good start on the chevelle

Entice me with a reasonable offer, and what components you'd be considering inclusive(UIM/LIM, etc.)

Old 04-21-2008, 07:03 PM   #71
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

sorrowfulkiller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via MSN to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via Yahoo to sorrowfulkiller
Quote:
yeah, shit like that happens when the #6 cylinder is last in the coolant flow path and last on the fuel rail.

you could always modify the fuel lines and the rail to accept constant equal flow... That's what I'll be doing on my new car an 02 wrx once I get my new compressor wheel and housing on my turbo, mod the injectors for 800cc and switch to e85

Seriously though... I would do that just in case you are running a bit lean on that cylinder, also have you checked what the cars fuel rails are flow rated at?
Old 04-21-2008, 07:03 PM   #72
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Entice me with a reasonable offer, and what components you'd be considering inclusive(UIM/LIM, etc.)

pm sent.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:03 AM   #73
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowfulkiller View Post
you could always modify the fuel lines and the rail to accept constant equal flow... That's what I'll be doing on my new car an 02 wrx once I get my new compressor wheel and housing on my turbo, mod the injectors for 800cc and switch to e85

Seriously though... I would do that just in case you are running a bit lean on that cylinder, also have you checked what the cars fuel rails are flow rated at?

If I continue, the fuel rails will both get feed at once, and I already have a dual inlet/single outlet FPR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyb View Post
pm sent.

PM received, and replied.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:33 PM   #74
blueolds01
GX Member

blueolds01 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to blueolds01
atleast run it at the track on all 6 before you demod it, if thats what you deside to do.
-'97 s10 4.3 v6, alpine head unit, camaro rims, 2.5" cat-back w/Edelbrock SDT, Edelbrock TES headers, HPPIII, and 8mm taylor wires. 15.505@87.42mph

http://www.cardomain.com/id/s104-banger
videos-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YvkbtiBirVo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WnmqBZkdmAM
blueolds01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:00 PM   #75
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

I'm still up in the air about it. But I still haven't had any (serious) replies on what people think it's worth.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #76
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
1 million, billion, bajillion, kajillion, billion... dollars....
Old 04-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #77
paulyb
GLS member

Quote:
I'm still up in the air about it. But I still haven't had any (serious) replies on what people think it's worth.

mine was more than serious, i dont know the cost of a kit like this, so i told you to give me a number that suites you.....that way I dont low ball you and look like a rooster.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #78
blueolds01
GX Member

blueolds01 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to blueolds01
Quote:

if you think about it its not a bad idea to run it one last time. that money from the first n-body in the 12's would only help you get your chevelle going. i know its not a lot, but its somthing. after all that hard work you put into it, you only get to see it run a broken down 14.5 sec quarter when you know it will run tons faster. plus all us alero guys can brag about and alero being the first n-body in the 12's.
-'97 s10 4.3 v6, alpine head unit, camaro rims, 2.5" cat-back w/Edelbrock SDT, Edelbrock TES headers, HPPIII, and 8mm taylor wires. 15.505@87.42mph

http://www.cardomain.com/id/s104-banger
videos-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YvkbtiBirVo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WnmqBZkdmAM
blueolds01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #79
mattamd_xp
GX Member

mattamd_xp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueolds01 View Post
plus all us alero guys can brag about and alero being the first n-body in the 12's.

That would be the first v6 n-body -Spy already ran that in his 4 cyl n-body
mattamd_xp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:50 PM   #80
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Not bad ion what have you done to the car?