Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 01-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
Philbar71
GL Member

Philbar71 is on a distinguished road
Rims, Tires, Lowered

Before rims and tires. With Canuck lowering springs and stock steelies and tires

New tires and rims. They are only 15"s yes... but I never intended to buy rims for these tires. I found out that the stock steelies are only 6" wide and for my tires I needed a 7" wide rim

After a full wash and wax today

Yes I am aware of the rust on the passenger side and the big assssss dent on the drivers side :P

Comments and/or criticism welcome

Edit: And before anybody says anything... yes I know my muffler is slightly crooked, all of that was done from sliding in to a ditch this past summer. lol

Last edited by Philbar71 : 01-01-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Philbar71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Hellfire5670 is on a distinguished road
You have a den- Oh you know that?
Hahah just playing the car looks good man!
Hellfire5670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good, get some Motorsport-Tech 1 inch+ spacers on there.

I need these Canuck springs... my Eibachs just aren't low enough for my tastes..
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
Philbar71
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post

I need these Canuck springs... my Eibachs just aren't low enough for my tastes..

Heh. Funny. I think my Canucks arent low enough

Question about spacers... 1" seems like alot, I have considered them however and was wondering if anybody had pics with smaller wheels (like mine) and spacers. Also, by by setting the wheel slightly more out like that would that net any kind of handling increase?
Old 01-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #5
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
what size is your tires? I find my eibachs are lower then those canucks
Old 01-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Quote:

Thats why I went with Canuck springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbar71 View Post

Car looks good, love the color. I feel the same about them not being low enough, another 1/2" would perfect I think.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
How are the canuck springs performance wise? compared to eibach?
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by robalero View Post
You didn't come to ASS. We compared lots of ride heights and spring types. Canucks were quite a bit lower than mine.

Quote:
Maybe if you're into "tucking," but my tires are flush with the fender width-wise so I can only go so low.
Quote:
Question about spacers... 1" seems like alot, I have considered them however and was wondering if anybody had pics with smaller wheels (like mine) and spacers. Also, by by setting the wheel slightly more out like that would that net any kind of handling increase?
Handling increase? ... very slight. What size you choose depends on your offset and goals. I wanted my tires/wheels flush with the edge of the fender, so I ordered the 1.06" ones with a +42mm offset wheel. It's pretty close. I don't know where the pictures are that I took showing it. Edit: Found 'em.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc2125 View Post

I think they are fine. The ass end rides a little rough but eh. I don't feel the body roll anymore.

Quote:
Maybe if you're into "tucking," but my tires are flush with the fender width-wise so I can only go so low.

You would be fine with the Canuck springs.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #10
Philbar71
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spc2125 View Post

Well stock i had the FE2 suspension, so it was already somewhat of a harsh ride. The Canucks are ALOT stiffer and harsher than stock. I prefer it that way and am really looking forward to getting some 17s with low profile tires on when these are gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by robalero View Post

They are 225/50/15. The car is pretty low but the tires are a lower profile than stock, making the wheel smaller in diameter and making the wheel gap slightly bigger.

Quote:
You didn't come to ASS. We compared lots of ride heights and spring types. Canucks were quite a bit lower than mine.

Handling increase? ... very slight. What size you choose depends on your offset and goals. I wanted my tires/wheels flush with the edge of the fender, so I ordered the 1.06" ones with a +42mm offset wheel. It's pretty close. I don't know where the pictures are that I took showing it. Edit: Found 'em.

Hmmm what size wheels? And thats with a body kit. Seems like alot of spacing.

Last edited by Philbar71 : 01-01-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Philbar71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Hmmm what size wheels? And thats with a body kit. Seems like alot of spacing.
17x7, and I don't have the kit anymore.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #12
robalero
GLS member

i find when I have my 17's on it looks almost perfect I agree a little more and it would be better but for the price of my eibachs I can't complain too much ( $100 )
Old 01-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #13
Philbar71
GL Member

well with the canucks the front is so dam low, when I am cornering hard on some of these back roads around here and I hit a bump the cat will scrape on the ground. Thats partially how my stock cat died -___-

It seems like the rear could really drop about 3/8 or 1/2" to make it even.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #14
robalero
GLS member

I must say tho I like that red
Old 01-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #15
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
i dont like the tires. iv got them on my car. there directional an you cant rotate them properly. mine have become noisy as hell and cannot wait for them to get worn out.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #16
Philbar71
GL Member

Mine are pretty noisy too. Im not terrably conserned with roating properly since they were only like 79 a piece. When these are worn out im upgrading to 17"s anyways.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #17
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Not too shabby!!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #18
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
^looking good!
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #19
Philbar71
GL Member

Quote:

*sniped*

*sniped*

Those spacers... do they have some that act like hub centric rings, or whatever they are called that match the hole of the rim to the hub size.

Right now the hubs are slightly smaller than the wheel. What do I need to fix that?
Old 01-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #20
robalero
GLS member

hub rings is what you need