Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 01-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #21
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
eff volvo and their boron steel, stupid effin car, stupid overthought over engineered crap, mercedes can suck it bmw can suck it too, probably the easiest car out there to work on is the toyota, they make it so easy to work on

so have ya joined the ranks of the big boys yet billy??? still apprentice or did you make journeyman yet??

I have been out of the autobody world for about a year now. I quit after my Dad passed away cause i couldn't take all the BS around there anymore...then i moved to Ohio for like 8 months and now im back in NY watching my two little nephews. When i quit i called the boss and told him why and how i loved it there but i needed a raise in order for me to live on my own.....he told me that if i was a little more patient they were about to make me a body guy....w/e though.....the kid i HATE there is an estimator now and i DID NOT want to be a body guy when he's writing estimates....cause he's prob gonna miss tons of shit.

Yea, Toyotas and Hondas are CAKE..... I love when i used to have to gut a door and i didnt have to take the interior panel off....thats the best! lol....
Old 01-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #22
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=billytheman1188;607090]I have been out of the autobody world for about a year now. I quit after my Dad passed away cause i couldn't take all the BS around there anymore...then i moved to Ohio for like 8 months and now im back in NY watching my two little nephews. When i quit i called the boss and told him why and how i loved it there but i needed a raise in order for me to live on my own.....he told me that if i was a little more patient they were about to make me a body guy....w/e though.....the kid i HATE there is an estimator now and i DID NOT want to be a body guy when he's writing estimates....cause he's prob gonna miss tons of shit.

QUOTE]

dude thats part of the job my friend, a estiamtors job is to estiamte the damage, there is always more damage when we tear a car down, we do our ad order, then we always get paid it may take a week for the ad to go through but we get paid

was this shop not commission??? thats the only way your gonna make any real money, and hes right you shold have been patient, just quiting a job due to a estimator writing bad sheets was not smart, he is there to help sell what we do and do estiamtes and parts and sell work so we make money

so now what??? did you get into custom work or restoration work????
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote