Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 07-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #21
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
If they ship it (and they should, reliability supposedly has vastly improved since RSM days) it is definitely worth it. Keeping the engine/trans still and allowing more of the power to reach the ground is awesome. I'm curious how rough of a ride it is, get it and let me know. Since the engine/trans is more solidly mounted, you get to feel everything, the engine shakes the body more. How much more, not sure. Definitely stiffens things up and stiffer is better. (lol)
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #22
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Spyhunter,

I'm asking myself a question, why suggest tranny mounts when he ask for engine mounts? Does it have the same impact on the drivetrain replacing either the tranny or the engine mounts? Is it better to replace both or one or the other will do?

After playing in my engine bay, I can't figure where those are located

Also for the engine mounts, they look like a PITA to replace.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #23
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Supposedly the engine mounts are super easy to do.

Engine/trans are linked together, so either one should do. I know those who only have the trans mount say it idles quite a bit rougher, you can feel all the vibrations. Great for performance, but everything shakes a bit.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #24
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoPath View Post
......straight outta left field.

Does Energy Suspension make a full bushing-replacement kit for the Ns? Or are they universal.

nope and i wish.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:43 PM   #25
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
If they ship it (and they should, reliability supposedly has vastly improved since RSM days) it is definitely worth it. Keeping the engine/trans still and allowing more of the power to reach the ground is awesome. I'm curious how rough of a ride it is, get it and let me know. Since the engine/trans is more solidly mounted, you get to feel everything, the engine shakes the body more. How much more, not sure. Definitely stiffens things up and stiffer is better. (lol)

Ion you should have rode in my car to see how the mount shakes the heck out of the dash and hood, etc. it definitely keeps the motor mostly still
Old 08-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #26
Nick_Wa
GX Member

Nick_Wa is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
Fill the stock mounts with urethane. You want 3M #8609 Urethane Window Adhesive. It'll be exactly the same as stiffer mounts, but cheaper, and for an Alero obviously

Are you serious, does this really work? So what you pump this stuff into the inside of the upper mount? And it dries very hard?
Nick_Wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #27
[ion] C2
636 whp

We needs a how-to for Aleromod Upgrades on this technique.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:28 PM   #28
Nick_Wa
GX Member

Agreed, Id like to see it completed, some pics and such haha, cheap and easy if it works!
Old 08-14-2008, 01:00 AM   #29
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
Yea, Someone do it and send it to Ion so I can copy them. hahaha.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:45 PM   #30
Nick_Wa
GX Member

I just bought a rksport upper engine insert but none the less I want to see this done.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #31
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Wa View Post
Are you serious, does this really work? So what you pump this stuff into the inside of the upper mount? And it dries very hard?
Yep. I forgot where I saw it done. You tape off one side of the mount and pour the urethane into the other side 'til it's full and one soild piece, then let it sit for 24 hours to make sure it's fully dry. It's dries hard and stiffens the mount right up.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:38 PM   #32
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
why can't the 3400 have mounts like that.. mine is just this block of rubber lol

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:34 AM   #33
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
Yep. I forgot where I saw it done. You tape off one side of the mount and pour the urethane into the other side 'til it's full and one soild piece, then let it sit for 24 hours to make sure it's fully dry. It's dries hard and stiffens the mount right up.

That's done with the casting compound. It works well too. Other people use 3M WindoWeld which is the stuff that holds your stationary windows in. It's in a caulk-tube.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:57 AM   #34
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
I won't lie. I'mma get kicked off the forums for this one, but I have no idea where the mounts are on the LD9...

But I didn't look for them specifically.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:12 AM   #35
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadus101 View Post
I won't lie. I'mma get kicked off the forums for this one, but I have no idea where the mounts are on the LD9...

But I didn't look for them specifically.

hell all you gotta do is look around for whatever is holding the motor in the engine bay lol

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:58 AM   #36
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
I just bought a rksport upper engine insert

won't work btw
Old 08-15-2008, 08:17 AM   #37
Nick_Wa
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
won't work btw

Why wont it work? Ive heard it can be tough to get in but works fine, and its made to.. I have a Grand Am by the way, if it matters...

"The upper mount problem can be solved with a $20-30 poly insert. I've been using one for years. Vibrations didn't increase significantly, and it really firmed up shifts. It took some brute force and a liberal amount of cursing, but wasn't that horrible." - From someone with same car who used it...

Last edited by Nick_Wa : 08-15-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:21 AM   #38
[ion] C2
636 whp

the whole point of this thread was to find out if they work, did you read it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
Nope, that upper is for the old style mount used before the Alero.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:47 PM   #39
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
Why wont it work? Ive heard it can be tough to get in but works fine, and its made to.. I have a Grand Am by the way, if it matters...

"The upper mount problem can be solved with a $20-30 poly insert. I've been using one for years. Vibrations didn't increase significantly, and it really firmed up shifts. It took some brute force and a liberal amount of cursing, but wasn't that horrible." - From someone with same car who used it...

upper moutn insert doesn't work.

You could always go the route I did and modify a j-body mount.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #40
Nick_Wa
GX Member

Ok, but isnt a Cavalier a j-body? Cause thats what I got assuming it would work because cavy LD9 = Grand Am LD9 lol.

Or do you mean some other kind?