Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 10-25-2006, 01:38 PM   #1
Nick_Wa
GX Member

Nick_Wa is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Amp install, need help!!, stock HU

Hey guys I have the Monsoon system in my car and Im trying to add my amp and sub in. Right now I have a Boss BA-4000 4 channel amp, yes I know shitty for a sub but for now it should do, and an MTX sub. I have the amp wired for power with a remote wire and it turns on, green led comes on and seems to be getting power fine and everything. The problem seems to be the signal.

I bought a Stinger SLOC with L+R+L-R- inputs and a ground, hooked it into my monsoon wiring harness, to the correct wires off course, for the rear speaker, and ran my RCA's from it. Now, I turn on my car, play some music and NOTHING. No sound, no movement, nothing whatsoever form the sub. I just bought the sub right before I hooked it up so it is not blown, even tested it for continuity and OHMs just to make sure it is alright so that isnt the problem.

I took my multimeter and measured the output of the RCA cables coming from the SLOC and I only get 0.05 volts. Compared to the output of aftermarket decks of 2 and 4 volts this seems REALLY small. My only guess is that this voltage is too small and not enough signal is getting to the amp to be put out to the sub.

Has anyone ever had this problem before? Ive reconnected the LOC several times and the connection is fine but NOTHING.

If anyone has any idea about this, id appreciate it. I hear of lots of people using LOC so I know it works thats why i dont know why mine isnt. Thanks in advance.
Nick_Wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:47 PM   #2
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
don't mix stock decks with aftermarket amps and subs
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:40 PM   #3
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
you need to tap in the wires before it hits the monsoon amp. Like behind the headunit or on the monsoon amp harness get the wires coming in from the deck. Since your taping from the rear speakers its has the amp output and not the signal line you need.

I just did the same for this infinity g35 i'm working on w/ the bose 8 speaker system & bose amp. I cut all the wires on the bose amp harness and tapped into the stinger line out converter from the radio, then amp output wires to the speakers, i connected the amp speaker output wires to that so i didn't have rerun new wires and used the old factory 18 gauge wiring.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:59 PM   #4
Nick_Wa
GX Member

Well I am pretty sure I did tap into the right wires. I read how someone else did it with success and they used E4-E7 on the harness so that is what I used.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:46 AM   #5
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
That LOC doesn't require a power source, or did i miss something? There are also direct plug-in connectors made for this specific purpose (I know PAC makes one)
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:24 AM   #6
Nick_Wa
GX Member

K never mind guys, I am goin to save myself the trouble and just shell out the $ to get the Metra GMRC-01 module and put my deck in. Thanks for the help though.