Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 10-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
NONE
GX Member

NONE is on a distinguished road
stuck in forth

5-speed crusing along @ about 55 ish was going through gears 3-4 switch went normal 4-5 switch was a lil different. shifter felt compleatly disconnected wont disengage from 4th gear. Appears that all linkages are connected from shifter to transmission caseing, except in the center console there is a cable at the base of the shifter, steel cable with a fishing weight( not sure what to call it ) looking piece on the end like a brake cable for a bike. guy i got it from said it has had a previous tranny rebulid a year b4 from a "master transmission" shop.
NONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
NONE
GX Member

NONE is on a distinguished road
oh and the above post was a question, as in does anybody know what broke?
NONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
are you sure your linkage isn't frayed in the plastic cover for it? i had the same problem with my cavalier and that's what was wrong with it.. just a thought to ponder

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
If you havn't figured this out yet...

I would guess either a throw out bearing came off the hub or somethings up with the cluster rod, maybe you ate a syncro or a gear got stuck in its previous match and got locked up.