Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 06-21-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just thought I'd start a new thread for all the locals instead of whoring up Albino's thread. If you're just a visitor or member of the GAGT forums Grands of Ontario, etc, feel free to chime in. Everyone's welcome who runs @ Lancaster.

**6/20/06**

I ran again last night after taking 2 weeks off, and just for shats and giggles, I swapped my rims back on. Seems as though the lower profile tires have less tread on them, making them better for launching, and thus, making launches more cosistent and easier to do. This week was the very first time I ran exactly on my dial-in, a 10.17 :alcoholic: I made it through 3 rounds of eliminations, then with 5 of us left in the class, I was lucky enough to be selected for a bye run. (round 4 ) Then with 3 of us left "standing" I ran against a late 70's T/A, and get this: his dail in was a 10.15, and ran a 10.1789. My dail in was a very cosistent 10.17, and ran a 10.1828. Here's the major bummer: The whole evening, I was struggling to get ahold of the lights, and was all over the place. So even though I was closer to my Index, he beat me @ the tree with a better (but still piss-poor R/T with a .6549 to my horrible .6841

Big fooking bummer, as number for number, I HAD him, and the 5 litre he ran against wasn't near as cosistent as we were. I woulda had another plaque for the wall. Oh well, there's always next week. :alcoholic: After the final, I waited for the guy in the T/A to step outta the car, and shook his hand . "Good race last round bro, I thought I had you." He was very cool about it, and said " Me too". It's hard to be sore over a loss when it was well-fought for both of us....gotta respect a better driver, 'nuff said.

I'm glad he won, that guy in the 5.0 didn't deserve the win.

Enclosed is a pic of my 3rd round of test~n~tunes, and a pic of the class winner for this week.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:42 PM   #2
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
dude, that guy in the Trans Am is really consistent. The week I ran against the pick up trucks I think he made it to the last round but one of the trucks won.

Congrats on making second place for the night! I still have to scan the rest of my slips from the week I beat the Mustang GT. lol
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:14 AM   #3
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat@Jun 26 2006, 06:42 PM
dude, that guy in the Trans Am is really consistent. The week I ran against the pick up trucks I think he made it to the last round but one of the trucks won.

Congrats on making second place for the night! I still have to scan the rest of my slips from the week I beat the Mustang GT. lol

Wonder what was wrong with the Stang, must have been runnin on 6 cylinders. LOL
Old 07-03-2006, 03:51 PM   #4
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
^ still, a 6-bangin' Alero still beats me on a regular basis (once he figures out how to launch...lol)

I think it was a stick and the driver sucked. I ran him twice and his times were consistent all the way down, so at least he sucked consistently. haha
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #5
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ran last night again, and couldn't BUY a good light. Booted into the X-class in the first round buy a 67' Olds 98 drop-top. He was 11 or 12 hundredths(spelling?) of his index with a .5045 light, and I ran a 10.40 with a 10.38 dial-in and a .67 light. eff ! beat @ the tree again. I fouled myself outta the second round (X-class) with a .495 light, but ran a 10.39 with my 10.38 index.

Even though the night sucked as a whole, the guy in the 98 was a hell of a nice guy, and it was nice being beat by such a nice car, let-alone an Olds. I can't believe how fast that car was....running an 8.86 index with that tank really showed how much work was put into that tank. I'll get y'all a picture tomorrow night. Cheers.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote