Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 08-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Went to Milan Dragway today.

LOL IT SUCKED. Hot as hell, hottest day of the week. Great day to run a car.

15.93 @ 85.3MPH
(R/T +0.109)

Best out of my eight runs, which ranged up to 16.21. Wow. Only saw 3lbs of boost the whole time, saw 4 PSI for about a second (first time ever) in 2nd gear. I need to buy that 2.7" supercharger pulley so I at least see the what it's SUPPOSED to put out with the STOCK pulley (5-6 PSI). I wanted to see a 14 so bad. Maybe when I go back with the smaller pulley on a far cooler day, and remember to remove all the seats and ice down the intake/radiator before I run. (I drove there, raced, and drove back, so the car was pretty hot). Also gonna get the new thermostat, etc.

Meh. Not even as good as a stock Alero... but nearly everyone was complaining they ran a second slower than usual today.. (mid 13s car running high 14s etc)
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:36 PM   #2
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Hot and Humid, what did you expect bro?

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:47 PM   #3
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

NoSweat83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Man track conditions make or break ya. When I get my car out I will let you know what mine runs stock (it should be 4-4.5 psi).
Old 08-02-2007, 05:44 AM   #4
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
People overlook it but your Trans temp is as important, if not more so, than your engine temp. Keep the tranny as cool as possible before a run and especially make sure you have enough down time between when you drive down there and when you make a pass. I have to let my car sit for at least 45 mins during the summer before I race her or else the times are way sluggish.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:32 PM   #5
blueolds01
GX Member

blueolds01 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to blueolds01
well you ran faster then me, and i have the 6!
-'97 s10 4.3 v6, alpine head unit, camaro rims, 2.5" cat-back w/Edelbrock SDT, Edelbrock TES headers, HPPIII, and 8mm taylor wires. 15.505@87.42mph

http://www.cardomain.com/id/s104-banger
videos-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YvkbtiBirVo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WnmqBZkdmAM
blueolds01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
^lol i'd hope so

well now for some reason i'm boosting steadily 4-4.5 PSI so that's cool. i'll be back to the track on a cooler day sometime (using a lot more tips I found off j-body for racing a 4T40E) and without all the seats/extra weight, plus a smaller pulley 5-7 PSI

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 08-12-2007 at 07:35 PM.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote