Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 08-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #1
bkathsalero
GL Member

bkathsalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bkathsalero
WTH is happening!!!

So I rebuilt the car. Wouldnt start a week ago cause of passlock. That was fixed car ran and drove it around. Brought it home after running out of gas. Replaced fuel pump for the hell of it and radiator and condenser. Yesterday and tonight I've been trying to start it over and over again. The motor will start and then stall. I tried passlock like 20 times. Took a scan tool and turned of passlock and it ran for a minute so I shut it off to see if it would start without scan tool. It wouldn't. Tried starting again turning passlock off and no luck, It was like a fluke that it ran. So I looked into scan tool and it says passlock is registered and not the issue. So I am VERY confused!!! the only check engine light is p1671 witch is a mil control circuit. and I can't read my gauges due to the fact that they dont work. AND THAT IS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ISSUE, and scan tool says security light is not on. And one thing thats confusing me is under bcm data there is Ignition output 0 INACTIVE, Ignition output 1 Active, and ignition output 2 Active. So whatever that is??? ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME!!
bkathsalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
undersc0re
GX Member

undersc0re is on a distinguished road
So you did the passlock reset where you wait 10-20 min with the key on until the theft light stops, then shut key off and turn it on and start it up? If you can't see the lights leave key on for 20 min then shut it all the way off and then start it up. Check your fuel pump relay etc with key on for power.
undersc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
bkathsalero
GL Member

passlock is fine and registered, looked through the scan tool, fuel is fine, checked many ways, turned key on and herd pump kick, cranked with start and stall, pushed pressure valve and had fuel pressure, and then manually turned pump on through scan tool. Like I said the car ran perfect for bout 1 min before I shut it off. This is a DEEP diagnostic issue. And to clarify I also checked pcm batt fuse, ign pcm fuse, pump relay, basically every fuse. And under the perimatures of the scan tool everything is at its value in bcm and pcm data.
Whoever can figure this out should be crowned KING of aleromod!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
check your idle control solenoid, also be sure the pcv line is plugged into the top of the intake/throttle body. mine popped out once when i had an intake back fire, car would start and die[to much air].
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:17 PM   #5
bryan213
GX Member

bryan213 is on a distinguished road
idle relearn

needa do the idle re learn start it and try to keep it runnin then slam it in drive and put the ebrake on and let it run for like a hour and itl re learn how to run
bryan213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:38 PM   #6
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan213 View Post
needa do the idle re learn start it and try to keep it runnin then slam it in drive and put the ebrake on and let it run for like a hour and itl re learn how to run

O.O what the hell are you talking about
Old 08-12-2009, 02:14 AM   #7
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Ignition 0 voltage should be hot in ACC Run and Start. Check the fuse in the left fuse panel.

Both the "PCM ACC" and "IPC/BFC ACC" fuses receive Ignition 0 power. The second one powering your cluster.

If there's no power at those fuses then I'd say your ignition switch is probably the problem.

Also, P1671 isn't in the service manual.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #8
bkathsalero
GL Member

I'll try these out tonight,and could possibly be the ignition switch cause I just replaced it with a napa part, and Me and napa dont get along, but it's the only way for me to get cheap parts because I use my work account. I also replaced the ignition starter switch. The only thing is some people are saying ignition 0 is suppose to be hot, others are sayin its not suppose to be, so I guess I'll try both routes

and as far is p1671 its just a mil light not showing up, its still my only code
Heres the alldata on it:

Circuit Description
Output Driver Modules (ODMs) are used by the PCM to turn on many of the current-driven devices that are needed to control various engine and Transaxle functions. Each ODM is capable of controlling up to 7 separate outputs by applying ground to the device which the PCM is commanding on. Unlike the Quad Driver Modules (QDMs) used in prior model years, ODMs have the capability of diagnosing each output circuit individually. DTC P1671 set indicates an improper voltage level on the output circuit that controls the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL).

Conditions for Setting the DTC

Ignition is ON.
An improper voltage level has been detected on the output circuit which controls the MIL.
Above conditions for at least 30 seconds.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The PCM will illuminate the MIL during the first trip in which the diagnostic test has. been run and failed.
The PCM will store conditions which were present when the DTC set as Freeze Frame and Fail Records data.
Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC

The PCM will turn the MIL OFF during the third consecutive trip in which the diagnostic has been run and passed.
The history DTC will clear after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles have occurred without a malfunction.
The DTC can be cleared by using a scan tool.
Diagnostic Aids
Check for the following conditions:

Poor connection at the PCM - Inspect harness connectors for backed out terminals, improper mating, broken locks, improperly formed or damaged terminals, and poor terminal to wire connection.
Damaged harness - Inspect the wiring harness for damage. If the harness appears to be OK, disconnect the PCM, turn the ignition ON and observe a digital multimeter connected between the MIL control circuit and ground at the PCM harness connector while moving connectors and wiring harnesses related to the MIL. A change in voltage will indicate the location of the malfunction.
Reviewing the Fail Records vehicle mileage since the diagnostic test last failed may help determine how often the condition that caused the DTC to be set occurs. This may assist in diagnosing the condition.

Test Description
Number(s) below refer to the step number(s) on the Diagnostic Table:

Normally, ignition feed voltage should be present on the control circuit with the PCM disconnected and the ignition turned ON.
Checks for a shorted component or a short to battery positive voltage on the control circuit. Either condition would result in a measured current of over 500 milliamps. Also checks for a component that is causing an open circuit while being operated, resulting in a measured current of 0 milliamps.
Checks for a short to voltage on the control circuit.
This vehicle is equipped with a PCM which utilizes an Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM). When the PCM is being replaced, the new PCM must be programmed.

Last edited by bkathsalero : 08-30-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #9
Blktrax
GX Member

Blktrax is on a distinguished road
Didn't you say you replaced the PCM and BCM? I had issues with and AUDI that it would do the same thing. A bad ground was the cause. Starting would work, would fire, then run a few seconds and die. The ground would lose contact and cause it to lose signal and stop running. May also be related to that battery issue you had. May have shorted the PCM internals.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:15 AM   #10
bkathsalero
GL Member

Sorry no update yet, got sick yesterday and left work at 11am, went home and slept for 16 1/2 hours. So tonight I will probe the pcm with a multimeter, check volts and ground, and replace ignition switch
Old 08-13-2009, 12:17 PM   #11
GA_turbo
GX Member

GA_turbo is on a distinguished road
If you need some help let me know im in saint paul. Some times it can be the stupidest things that are the problem, its good to just take a step back and rethink posibilitys.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #12
bkathsalero
GL Member

/\/\Thanks GA turbo I'll let you know after tonight
Old 08-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #13
GA_turbo
GX Member

GA_turbo is on a distinguished road
no problem , yea let me know
Old 08-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #14
bkathsalero
GL Member

Like to introduce myself as the dumbest guy on aleromod... like GA turbo said Take a step back a rethink. IT WAS A FUSE!!!!!! wth I guess when you get so deep into something you start to overthink the problems. So last night I started with the basics VERY BASICS, checked oil, spark, fuel, said okay, smoked a cig and thought, lets try the fuses, found a burnt fuse, replaced it, turned of passlock and VROOOOMMM!!! god i feel so stupid.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #15
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Which one was it?
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #16
bkathsalero
GL Member