Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 06-02-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
AAS Shipping Time

Those of you who have ordered from Andy's Auto Sport, how long did it take for you to receive your kit? I ordered the front from them on 5/27. All I have is an invoice number, copy of the receipt, transaction number, etc. There's no shipping or order status updates available as far as I can tell. It better be damn quick shipping as it was $138, they said truck freight was the only method they could use.

ASS '08 is next Friday and I'm very anxious for it to arrive to get fitted and painted in time.

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 06-02-2008 at 12:54 PM.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
I've noticed their timeliness has gotten worse since I bought my kit. I think to get my kit it took 2 to 4 weeks.

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:57 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
No effing shit. For $138 of shipping, it better be DAMN FAST. I'll be calling them today to ensure its haste.

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 06-02-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #4
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Keep us updated. Someone needs to throw this is the customer/product reviews

Have a good day

Last edited by AGT : 06-02-2008 at 01:27 PM.
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #5
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
yeah i am keeping eye out for all the talk about who everyone uses and what they have to say about them so when it comes time to do some stuff i can know who to go to and what to expect.so thank you everyone for giving your input its all being stored in this lil brain of mine
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:49 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

I sent them an e-mail (I'm at work), got two e-mails back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Mail #1
Hi C2,

Your order with Andy's Auto Sport shipped out.

The tracking number for the shipment is: 115837604

It shipped with Yellow. You can track the progress of the package by either going to www.myyellow.com <http://www.myyellow.com> or calling 1-800-610-6500 and
providing the tracking number above.

If you have any further questions concerning your order, please feel free to contact our customer service department at 1-800-419-1152 x3. You can also contact us via email: myorder@andysautosport.com

Thank you for your order!

Andy's Auto Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Mail #2
115837604 is the tracking number for the bumper with yellow freight. The bumper shows it should be delivered on the 6th so you should be ok for the show.

Awesome!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #7
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Yep some companies either get behind or actually fail often on meeting the necessary communication for tracking.

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #8
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
At least your front bumper shipped out :P
Old 06-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #9
cliffordwoeller

Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
I used Extreme diminsions for my body kit and they charged me something like almost 200 dollars for shipping through con-way frieghts and it wasnt slow slow but it wasnt as fast as ups or fed ex or something like that
Old 06-02-2008, 03:11 PM   #10
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
Good thing it was just the bumper, because I swear my whole kit took like 3 weeks.

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #11
cliffordwoeller

nah when i say body kit i mean front and back bumpers and side skirts with extra sheets of mesh grille inserts
Old 06-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #12
JOEY GLADSTONE
GX Member

JOEY GLADSTONE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch1 View Post
At least your front bumper shipped out :P

lol still havent heard from them i guess?
JOEY GLADSTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:25 PM   #13
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
people make mistakes. I orderred some stuff and had that happen to me twice. Never got a message about being shipped, so I made a quick phone call and it shipped out the day before. They just forgot to send the email to me.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #14
[ion] C2
636 whp

Unbelievably shitty. I got a call on Wednesday or something with this girl saying she had a delivery for me and was going to deliver on Friday June 6th to [my address] and rambled on about it, then she gave me her number and extension. I'm like so.... do I need to call her back? The tracking info online already said it was going to be delivered on the 6th, I knew that, not sure what the point of the call was. So it still hasn't showed up, status on their site remains the same, loaded onto truck for delivery, but nothing's showing up. I've been calling Yellow (the shipper) and getting voicemail.

So I decided to use their live chat and gave them my reference number and here's what he says: "This shipment requires an appointment. Please call (313) 843-1900 on Monday so we can set that up."

How shitty is that? Apparently this delivery company, upon noticing it was a residential area and not a business they were shipping to, decided they weren't going to drop it off.

I have work 7:30am - 4:30pm, live an hour away, and the shop that I need my new fender and bumper fitted at closes at 6pm (it's near my work). So I'll need to call Monday sometime and talk to some bitch about this "appointment" and I'll probably have to drive down an hour and a half deep into Detroit to go pick it up from one of their facilities, and drive back an hour and a half to get it fitted, which will take quite a bit of time.

Going to be hard to swing with work. I need this effing fitted and painted by Thursday. Everyone's throwing shit in the plans.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #15
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
that sucks. luckily, i have plenty of local businesses that i know, and trust, that i can have stuff shipped too.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yeah I could have shipped it to my work, lol. Or to the auto shop, but I figured since they ship (or I thought they shipped) to residential what the hell.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #17
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
guess thats a costly lesson, eh?
Old 06-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #18
[ion] C2
636 whp

Who knows the appointment could be to tell me the bumper got totally destroyed in shipping. All I know is all of this shit better be fully completed by Thurs.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #19
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
Guess i'll crap up your thread now, Ion. I'll keep it short, though.

Now, to get off-topic. It's cheaper to ship to a business, correct? So does it matter what kind of business? My sister rented a small office space in one of the buildings downtown. Would that be considered a "legit" business for shipping? Or does business basically mean "anything but not a home".

Last edited by CiscoPath : 06-07-2008 at 06:59 PM.
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:13 AM   #20
Fi-Alero
GL Member

Fi-Alero is on a distinguished road
Glad you're having better luck than I am with them ION
Fi-Alero is offline   Reply With Quote