Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 06-08-2008, 12:44 AM   #21
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Yeah I could have shipped it to my work, lol. Or to the auto shop, but I figured since they ship (or I thought they shipped) to residential what the hell.

If they are like UPS for FEDEX, you can call them and have the address for shipment changed to your body shop. I had that issue with UPS, they wouldn't drop ship my laptop at my house, so I had them change the delivery address to my work where there was somebody there to sign for it.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:37 AM   #22
heeroyue2002
GX Member

heeroyue2002 is on a distinguished road
hmm mine took a while but not that long. The reason they had an appointment was for me to check the kit and make sure there wasnt anything broken etc. Basically they said if i didnt check and they took off then i was SOL if anything was busted =] I had mine delivered to my apts. They said they couldnt drop it off lol
heeroyue2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:19 AM   #23
mrbucket
GX Member

mrbucket is on a distinguished road
my wife ordered it from aas and less than two weeks later it was sitting on her front porch. DHL delivered i believe. wish everyone wasnt having such crappy luck.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #24
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
So I went down and picked it up. Apparently I was supposed to call that lady back and she would set up a time last Friday to deliver to ensure someone was there to sign for it and unload it. I called them up today and they said I could come pick it up, so I went ahead and left work around 10am and got back at 1:30pm lol. Got lost in downtown Detroit, like, the BAD areas.. since everything was freaking closed off I had my GPS on my phone but it kept wanting me to take routes that were shut down, so I took a tour through some of Detroit's unsafe areas. I ended up making it back and dropping the kit off at Auto Addictions for paint. They put it on to make sure it fit, which it sort of does, headlight gap but that's what my old one was like now.

Mine came in white, with grille mesh pre-installed.. like that other guy who got his in all destroyed. It's fiberglass though, no polyurethane or plastic. The guys at the auto shop were showing me how it's shitty quality, there's waves where it looks like they didn't make this entire bumper from a mold but from three pieces and hacked it together. Looked good enough to me. Anyway they're going to prep it up the best they can to make it look awesome then it's going out for paint tomorrow morning. He promised me it'd be ready to be installed Thursday, just in time.

Yay. They took my gas door to perfectly match the paint, though the U8774 code I gave them last time was a near-perfect. Just to make sure it was perfect they took both the code and the fuel door.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #25
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
hahaha, Sounds like a decent shop you've got Ion. I want lots of Ass Pictures.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:00 PM   #26
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
ya brand new passenger fender painted and installed for $175

Maaco wanted like $500
313 Customs wanted like $700
Some other shop wanted $450

Heh.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote