Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 07-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #21
Psyfox
GX Member

Psyfox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
I don't see that battery pack getting in the way at all...that would be a nice place for a kill switch or something...Keep it up. May want to steam clean the engine bay though!

Yeah, that's like the last thing I'm doing because I'm going to paint the head cover eventually when I do my calipers (which is the last thing on my list to do). So it'll be done probably near the end of summer.

Pictures can be viewed here: http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...20Alero%20GLS/
Psyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #22
Psyfox
GX Member

Pictures of the footwells are now uploaded! Follow the link in my siggy (or earlier in this post) to see them.

The lighting consists of two 10" piranha bars, one 4.7" flexible LED strip, and two LED rocker switches (all green of course) all from Oznium. Also, I bought 18-22g wire tap-ins along with 18g wire (little overkill :P) in order to pull it all together.

What I did is tap into the cigarette lighter accessory and wired them all together with wire nuts in order to have a single switch control the three at once (btw...getting the console off took me a little bit to figure out...thank jeebus for that search button). In the picture of the 4.7" strip, you can see the duct tape which hides the wires out of the way, lol. Also, in order to keep those lights up, I used gorilla glue (pre-dampening the surfaces they attached to with a little water of course) with some duct tape in order to hold them in place overnight. In the morning, I simply pulled the duct tape off and the glue held like a charm.

I bored the holes out in the console for the switches with a grinding type drill bit that I had (wish I had my dremel on me in order to more evenly and easily bore out the holes, but it just took a bit longer, a little more elbow grease, and didn't turn out bad at all). As far as those switches go with drilling, I used a nickel as my reference, marked around the circumference of the nickel with a dry erase marker, and just bored out the hole until the hole met the very inner lining of the marker. At that point, the switches just popped right in and held pretty tightly.

It took about 2.5-3 hours, including all prep time along with dis and reassembly (yeah...maybe about 1.5 hour's worth of actual work hooking everything up, lol), and was WELL worth it.

By the way, the other switch there will be used for my underglow when I get it on the car, so it's currently not hooked up to anything, just there.

Pictures can be viewed here: http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...20Alero%20GLS/
Old 08-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #23
Psyfox
GX Member

Rear and front AAS bumper pictures along with spoiler pictures posted. Will get more pictures later on when I have more time. Still got more work to do.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #24
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
good work on the body kit... i dont really like the spoiler. but then again if i ever did that body kit (love it on 2 doors lowered, which mine is) i woould go without a spoiler i think it looks sharp.. i would swap trunks with someone who doesnt have a spoiler... i really want that body kit. how much you have invested in it?
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:28 AM   #25
Psyfox
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknprog.99 View Post
how much you have invested in it?

In just the body kit or the car itself? And I actually kinda liked it without the spoiler as well...I could go for that look.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:31 AM   #26
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfox View Post
In just the body kit or the car itself? And I actually kinda liked it without the spoiler as well...I could go for that look.

just the body kit.. and yeah if i do mine the spoiler goes away
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:45 AM   #27
Psyfox
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknprog.99 View Post
just the body kit

I spend $500 + shipping from AAS for the kit, and put in about a month and a half's worth of time sanding the damn things since black shows everything. And finally, I spent about $250 on the base coats, clear coats, activators, and rubber agents.

So all in all, about $800-$850 for the full body kit painted and all. I still have to put on the side skirts.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:03 AM   #28
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
i liked that on the AAS car on their site but not so much from other angles, but hey your car

i just think u need rims bad
and clear your corners lol i actually did mine
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:04 AM   #29
Atmosphere
GL Member

Atmosphere is on a distinguished road
That's not a bad price at all. Looks great too, I can't wait to kit mine. We practically have the same car, I just have a couple more doors than you.

I think it would be smart to remove the spoiler too. I know it looks good with the kit and the car as a whole, but it really is overused.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:17 AM   #30
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfox View Post
I spend $500 + shipping from AAS for the kit, and put in about a month and a half's worth of time sanding the damn things since black shows everything. And finally, I spent about $250 on the base coats, clear coats, activators, and rubber agents.

So all in all, about $800-$850 for the full body kit painted and all. I still have to put on the side skirts.

rubber agents???, if you mean flex agents there is no need for that product at all, and it evaporates in 6 months, and what paint system did you use??

and please remove the wing it makes baby jesus cry
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #31
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
if he likes the spoiler let him keep it, Drime
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:23 PM   #32
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
looks good. i actually like it with the stock wheels and spoiler. just needs to be lowered.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #33
Psyfox
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterider00 View Post
looks good. i actually like it with the stock wheels and spoiler. just needs to be lowered.

I would lower it if it weren't for the area I drive in...I've already scraped a couple times as is. But I do want to and hope to get rims for it...probably next summer's job along with cop protection (Valentine 1, laser jammer, and maybe loovers).

Right now these are what I'm looking at since I'm going with a black and gold outside with the green inside:

http://www.axiswheels.com/wheels.php?id=shadow (with the gold edges).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
rubber agents???, if you mean flex agents there is no need for that product at all, and it evaporates in 6 months, and what paint system did you use??

Yeah, flex agent is what I meant, sorry. And I'm not sure on the paint system, I used my buddy's shop that he paints patio furniture in and he did all the preparations for me and showed me how to spray. So a lot of what I did was just the sanding and plasticing and more sanding.

Last edited by Psyfox : 08-14-2009 at 05:37 PM.