Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 02-11-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
greenbastard
GL Member

greenbastard is an unknown quantity at this point
slipping tranny at 131,000km. WTF!!!

last tuesday i was driving my car and it's a 2.4l auto with 131,xxxkms. i noticed my car didn't pick up when i pressed on the gas. it slips and doesn't shift when it should. last night i gunned it and it normally shifts once it hit the red. it didn't and i hit the limiter on the RPM's. my buddy thinks the ban it gone and i'm PISSED. so it's getting parked and i will be driving my Optima when I get it running right. has anyone else had this problem??????????????????????????
greenbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
whens the last time you had the fluid changed?
Old 02-11-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
greenbastard
GL Member

that is the next thing i'm going to do before i drive it again. i haven't done that yet and i'm hoping that will possibly solve it or get better. i don't think it will be done soon because i'm super broke and i have to do brakes and struts aswell. i'm going to be dishing out about $800 bucks and the brakes and struts i'm doing at school myself.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:17 PM   #4
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

sorrowfulkiller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via MSN to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via Yahoo to sorrowfulkiller
unless your in dire need of changing brakes and struts... I would worry about the tranny more... Just a suggestion
sorrowfulkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:29 PM   #5
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
if you dont attend to that problem immediately (like fluid inspection/flush/change) you're going to regret it, trust me.

it's a possibility you may just have a clogged filter, then again, you may need new clutches/bands.

A trans tech MAY be able to adjust your bands through the side coverplate without completely disassembly (saves you some serious money) if that's the problem.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:37 PM   #6
Mischief007
GL Member

Mischief007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Mischief007
There's a part of the tranmission which is common to go on GM transmissions. I just can't remember the name of it.
Mischief007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:40 PM   #7
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief007 View Post
There's a part of the tranmission which is common to go on GM transmissions. I just can't remember the name of it.

you said it already....it's called "the transmission" LOLOL

Old 02-11-2007, 11:43 PM   #8
Mischief007
GL Member

Mischief007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Mischief007
No, the valve body is common to go on these automatics as well. That's the name, valve body.
Mischief007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:55 PM   #9
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

valve bodies in general dont usually go out, it's usually associated accessories that regulate flow through the valve body, and things like accumulator servos, shift solenoids, etc.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #10
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Try a flush. The dealer has a machine that does it, gets all the fliud out thru the torque convertor and such.

Cost me $130 bucks $82 of which was the fliud

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:07 PM   #11
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
if your valve body went, it wouldnt shift at all dude..cuz all ur clutch packs are in it. Mine starts to slip like that and has really rough whiplash causin shifts when my fluid and filter goes babe. Check it and if it aint red then theres ur cause.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:27 PM   #12
DaRockwilder
GL Member

DaRockwilder is on a distinguished road
the clutches aren't in the valve body! There are more pieces and parts in an automatic transmission than you could possibly imagine. I blew up a TH350 once and took it apart for kicks.
DaRockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:33 PM   #13
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Cost me $130 bucks $82 of which was the fliud

you got jacked........ $82 for fluid? good god

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:36 AM   #14
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

heh, clutch packs in the valve body.....I gotta get updated service manuals, I haven't heard that one before

I'll put it this way though, if your clutch packs ARE in your valve body, then there's your problem.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:29 AM   #15
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
change the fluid and tranny filter. then see what happens. does it slip in a specific gear?
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:51 PM   #16
greenbastard
GL Member

i notice at 70km/h if i press on the gas enough so it down shifts it just doesn't want to catch the gear it just revs up like it's in neutral and you have to play wih the gas. i tried it again and my buddy told me to punch it a little it shifted and we took off without any problems. it's pretty much the same as having a slipping clutch in a 5 speed and it will only start once the tranny has warmed up. it's been -30'C and it will take about a half an hour or more and then it acts up. if i drive it really nice it's not bad. anyway i don't think i could say much more, i haven't been driving it since and i took my plates off so i can get some money saved up. the bad thing is i don't have a ride until i finish the head gasket in my 88 Le Mans which will hopefully be buy the end of the week. and between my friend and i we have 8 vehicles and none of them run right.