Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-28-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
turboalero

V6 injectors

i was wondering if anyone thought of using the v6 injectors. or if they are the same as the quad. i was just thinking of a different option to the ford brown tops?
Old 01-28-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
turboalero

or even the ecotec injectors but im not to sure about these
Old 01-29-2007, 12:27 PM   #3
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
if the v6 injectors work why not get the envoy/trailblazer injectors?
Old 02-03-2007, 09:46 PM   #4
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Why get new injectors at all? Unless you're adding a turbo, supercharger or nitrous, you're stock injectors will provide more than enough fuel for mostly any mod you will add.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:14 AM   #5
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
not sure Spilner, but I think he's turbo'd, but that's just a guess based on his S/N, and probably why he's asking about larger injectors, but I may be wrong.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:58 PM   #6
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
not sure Spilner, but I think he's turbo'd, but that's just a guess based on his S/N, and probably why he's asking about larger injectors, but I may be wrong.
I doubt he's already turbo'd if he's asking what injectors he can use.

So, turboalero, let's assume you're going to add a turbo you're and asking what injectors you can use for your setup. Fuel injector size is determined by your horsepower goal. You decide how much power you want to make, then figure out how much fuel flow you're going to need and then decide what injector size you need from there.

Refering to your question about the V6 or Ecotec injectors...I wouldn't suggest using either of these. I don't know the actual size of either of them but neither engine is turbo equipped from the factory so from the start their injectors aren't meant to support the elevated power levels of a turbo engine. More importantly, both sets of injectors are on an engine rated under 200hp. Usually the most basic, low boost turbo setup on a 2.4 will get you at the very least 200hp, so using either of those injectors, you'll max them out as soon as the turbo starts building boost.

Maybe you could post what type of setup you will use as far as your engine build, type of turbo you'll be using, as well as how much power you're planning on putting down, then we can help you decide what kind of fuel management to use.

Last edited by Spilner521 : 02-04-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Spilner521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:01 PM   #7
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
my bad then. same screen name on the DPP forums that was already turbo'd and was looking for more boost asked the same question.

Old 02-04-2007, 03:34 PM   #8
roogz9
GX Member

roogz9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to roogz9 Send a message via Yahoo to roogz9
how does it work i wanna do it is it possible someone gimme a how to
roogz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:48 AM   #9
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roogz9 View Post
how does it work i wanna do it is it possible someone gimme a how to
How does what work?
Old 02-05-2007, 02:47 AM   #10
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

here's the basic idea, only difference is I have two rails w/3 injectors each, and you have one rail with 4 injectors. Yours may be different in the way the injectors are retained in the rails, but basically what is required is that you purchase a new set of injectors, rewire, re-install, and reprogram.

Also, depending on how much flow you need, you may also be required to upgrade your fuel pump and FPR.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:57 PM   #11
turboalero

nah im not turbo'd(just a clever sn hahah). im am going with the ho manifold and throttle body pretty soon. already have the cai, 4 to 1 header to just a muffler (no cat), shift kit, trans cooler, couple of other stuff. i am also gonna send my extra head off to have some work done on it with the secret cams(little bit after the manifold swap).
the reason why i was just asking is that i have all this free flow of air and was just wanting to give a little bit more fuel.
now if i was turbo'd i would go with the whole stand alone set up. that'll b in the future..

Last edited by turboalero : 02-05-2007 at 10:06 PM. Reason: new stuff
Old 02-05-2007, 10:25 PM   #12
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboalero View Post
nah im not turbo'd(just a clever sn hahah). im am going with the ho manifold and throttle body pretty soon. already have the cai, 4 to 1 header to just a muffler (no cat), shift kit, trans cooler, couple of other stuff. i am also gonna send my extra head off to have some work done on it with the secret cams(little bit after the manifold swap).
the reason why i was just asking is that i have all this free flow of air and was just wanting to give a little bit more fuel.
now if i was turbo'd i would go with the whole stand alone set up. that'll b in the future..
In that case, refer to my first post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521
Unless you're adding a turbo, supercharger or nitrous, you're stock injectors will provide more than enough fuel for mostly any mod you will add.
Even with the CAI, intake manifold and TB, header, exhaust, cams and headwork, you won't need to change the injectors. Your stock injectors will provide plenty of fuel. Maybe throw in an adjustable FPR, but even for that you'd need to dyno the car to see what kind of power it makes as well as the A/F ratio and then see if you need a little more fuel pressure. I would say add the HPTuners software in with that list to tune everything and extract the most amount of power from that setup.

Nice list though...sounds like it'll be a pretty fast car when all is said and done

Last edited by Spilner521 : 02-05-2007 at 10:31 PM.
Spilner521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:13 AM   #13
turboalero

i forgot that i wanted to add the apexi power afc too. ive been hearing bout the hptuners software where to i go to read bout it?
Old 02-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #14
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

ok, spilner, this one's all yours. and I'm changing my screen name to 18inchMillionaire.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #15
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:

stock injectors work fine. i would just get an AFPR though. i have basically the same setup you will be going too.

depending on what boost your running and hp like spliner said determines injector size. the GM S/C comes with 320cc injectors and a lot of guys running up to 10psi is running 360cc or close injectors. if you are going over 10psi and putting out massive hp then go with 440cc injectors.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:53 AM   #16
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
i forgot that i wanted to add the apexi power afc too. ive been hearing bout the hptuners software where to i go to read bout it?

Apexi Power FC won't work on your car. They're application specific.

what you want to tune is http://www.hptuners.com that's the hotness right there for Oldsmobile style cars. It works if you know what you're doing.
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:51 PM   #17
turboalero

there are afc's that will work on the olds that dont have to be hp tuners. as long as the map is between 1-5 volts
Old 02-20-2007, 09:57 PM   #18
turboalero

http://www.quad4forums.com/forums/sh...ighlight=apexi check it out. the hptuners thing looks neat too

Last edited by turboalero : 02-20-2007 at 10:01 PM. Reason: im rad
Old 02-21-2007, 07:05 PM   #19
spyhunter
GL Member

Quote:
there are afc's that will work on the olds that dont have to be hp tuners. as long as the map is between 1-5 volts

The Apex'i Power FC is a standalone engine management.

The Apex'i S-AFC regardless of what version is a piggyback ECU that changes the cars sensor signal going to the car's PCM, thus allowing you to lean or richen your fuel mixture, and allowing you to accomodate a lil bit for larger injectors.

HPTuners is software that gives your stock factory PCM standalone-like qualities, such as being able to tweak and adjust a wide variety of parameters. It's only true limitation is the programming that GM has done.

The only things I would recommend for an n-body tuning, especially the 2.4L quad4 and the 2.2 ecotec would be HPTuners. HPTuners allows for those going boost on the 2.4L to upgrade to a 2bar mapsensor, thus allowing wider adjustability and less of a headache.

DHP Powertuner and HPTuners would be the best bet for the v6 crowd.

There are also other options for the 2.4L and 2.2L motor such as using the Hahn portfueler, coupled w/ the GM S/C reflash for the 2.4L and 2.2L motors. You can even add HPTuners and fine tune the motor up to 2bar, then let the Portfueler supplement up to however much boost you intend to run..

Beyond the above mentioned, HPT and DHP, would be going standalone, in which case you would have to find what's best suited to you, and for what kind of tuning and adjustabilty you need.

blah blah blah I'm rambling, but those are the best options that I see in my view and with how i think.

Oh, yeah you can also go megasquirt but that's a bit more involved in setting up, for the true DIY'er.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
Old 02-21-2007, 07:06 PM   #20
spyhunter
GL Member

Quote:
http://www.quad4forums.com/forums/sh...ighlight=apexi check it out. the hptuners thing looks neat too

I used to run an Apex'i S-afc. Then I got HPTuners, night and day difference. Apex'i S-AFC is just a bandaid, HPTuners is far superior.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat