Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 05-07-2007, 03:43 AM   #1
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up 2.6 Quad 4 stroker

Well i just got off the j-body site and i was left in aw, as i saw what they have done with the quad 4 engine. I thought spliners setup was the best but these cavy tuners reach for the stars and beyond. Like this one guy is rebuilding the quad 4 with a 2.3 block, 2.4 crank= 2.6 stroker engine. Added other mods like venom fuel rail, stainless steal valves, forged pistons, W41 chip, HO cams and housing, and other amazing things. He has ran into a few probs. but hes on his way to make quad 4 history. The guys on there are talking about that the beast stroker beating WRX's, STI's, and will put V8s on the map soon too putting the little v-techs clearly behind in dust. For those who plan on modifying their 2.4 enigne, I recommend checking out the jbody site. And see pawzbear a 4 cylinder is a fast car, and you have a 2.4 right so go get it modified.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:18 AM   #2
yoslvr442
GX Member

yoslvr442 is on a distinguished road
how do you get a 2.6 out of 2.3 and 2.4? usually when you stroke a motor it will come out in the middle unless you bore the crap out of it. that 2.6 doesnt seem right unless he plans to bore the 2.3 out at least .0600. if he doesnt he will just end up with a smaller bore 2.4. is there really that big of a stroke change between the 2.4 and 2.3. i cant imagine its that big. somthing isnt right about that.

71 442
yoslvr442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:54 AM   #3
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

NoSweat83 is an unknown quantity at this point
There was a company that sold the stroker kit for the 2.4 sometime ago. Too bad they arent around anymore.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoslvr442 View Post
how do you get a 2.6 out of 2.3 and 2.4? usually when you stroke a motor it will come out in the middle unless you bore the crap out of it. that 2.6 doesnt seem right unless he plans to bore the 2.3 out at least .0600. if he doesnt he will just end up with a smaller bore 2.4. is there really that big of a stroke change between the 2.4 and 2.3. i cant imagine its that big. somthing isnt right about that.

yeah he did bore it check out the site for the numbers and all the work he did to it.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #5
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post
I thought spliners setup was the best...

Yeah man, those guys over on JBO go nuts with these engines. Mine is nearly stock compared to some of theirs.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #6
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Headstrong2740 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Headstrong2740 Send a message via MSN to Headstrong2740 Send a message via Yahoo to Headstrong2740
Yeah.. i need to get more info on what i can do to my engine more after i put the cams and turbo in this next few weeks... a stroker kit sounds really nice... to bad there is not an easy swap from another vehicle... or is there??

"Dude..cuming on my mom is one thing, but banging your grandmother and her two roommates is like.....legandary!"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589855
Headstrong2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
the only thing i don't like about this stroker is the 2.3 and 2.4 have different main sizes so you have to bore the mains out to fit the larger journals and then that weakens the blocks strength. the other way you have to have custom main bearings made in order to adapt to the smaller journal size which not the best either.

now to do this to an alero you would have to switch your PCM over to OBD-I from OBD-II. and if you have emisions in your area you will now fail and not get registered unless it is registered as a race car (depends on area).

for all the hassle that must be put into this, you can do a sweet 2.3/2.4 hybrid and boost the shit out of it, and run 12's and if not faster depending head and cams, cheaper and easier.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:14 AM   #8
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headstrong2740 View Post
Yeah.. i need to get more info on what i can do to my engine more after i put the cams and turbo in this next few weeks... a stroker kit sounds really nice... to bad there is not an easy swap from another vehicle... or is there??

What platform u running in that alero, and yes its possible to swap in another engine but WHY when you can do so much with the QUAD 4 and the 3400.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:15 AM   #9
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
Yeah man, those guys over on JBO go nuts with these engines. Mine is nearly stock compared to some of theirs.

Dont worry man i still got a pic of your engine hanging on my wall proving all my friends what a Alero can become.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:19 AM   #10
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
if you really want some power in the lil alero, just do a simple 2.4L boost build up, you won't be disappointed at all. I sure am not.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:02 PM   #11
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyhunter View Post
if you really want some power in the lil alero, just do a simple 2.4L boost build up, you won't be disappointed at all. I sure am not.

I dont see where its a LIL Alero concerning the fact the 1. Its bigger than a cavalier,2. It is Dual over head cam not single (PLUS can hold a V6 and even squeeze a V8 in, and 3, Its the same as your grand am except for style. But yes i am going to boost soon but first add a 2.3 intake manifold and other stuff too tired to type. ETC.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:32 PM   #12
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner
What platform u running in that alero, and yes its possible to swap in another engine but WHY when you can do so much with the QUAD 4 and the 3400.
You forgot the Ecotec. I'm swapping that in for the potential is has, and you can be sure I'm taking full advantage of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post
Dont worry man i still got a pic of your engine hanging on my wall proving all my friends what a Alero can become.
Wait 'til you see the new engine. You'll probably want to put that pic in place of the one you have now. I'm going all out with this one...more so than even the J-body guys are used to.