Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 05-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #1
montana_GX
GX Member

montana_GX is on a distinguished road
A complete LD9 build??

I was over at a friend's house on cinco de mayo and he was showing me his bike in his shop. As i was looking around i noticed a 97 acheiva sitting in the corner. He said it was a car he was doing a engine replacement on. Well long story short he's letting me have the old LD9 out of it and put it on a stand in his shop. So i have officially begun my 2.4 Build for my car. I'm gonna try to take a ton of pics of every step. We're gonna strip this thing down to nothing and build it back so it can handle boost and maybe even some Nitrous stages. Nothing track worthy like some of the beautys i've seen on here, but once i'm done it'll be the baddest olds around my town. Pics soon to follow.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:40 AM   #2
1-og-gq

Good luck with this. I can't wait to see the pics of the buildup.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:15 AM   #3
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
what's your plans? Like what do you plan to throw into the motor to make it sout? Just curious.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #4
montana_GX
GX Member

Don't exactly know entirely. Gonna start by tearing it down and have the cylinders bored. New pistons/rods/springs/valves and everything. After the bottom end is done i'll rework the head, hopefully get some "secret cams" that i've been hearing about. Past that we'll see, can't decide if i'm gonna go supercharger or straight boost. any recomendations at this point are appreciated.

Oh, and spyhunter, just want you to know that the grand am is now another one of my inspiriations.....NICE WORK!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #5
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by montana_GX View Post
Don't exactly know entirely. Gonna start by tearing it down and have the cylinders bored. New pistons/rods/springs/valves and everything. After the bottom end is done i'll rework the head, hopefully get some "secret cams" that i've been hearing about. Past that we'll see, can't decide if i'm gonna go supercharger or straight boost. any recomendations at this point are appreciated.

Oh, and spyhunter, just want you to know that the grand am is now another one of my inspiriations.....NICE WORK!!!!!!
You're on the right track with forged pistons and rods and a ported head with larger valves and stiffer springs. If you're going all out on the engine, you might be better off getting custom ground cams instead of just using the secret cams. No doubt they'll work pretty well, but a custom set ground to your specifications will work better. And I vote turbo...or "straight boost" as you call it. No sense wasting a fully built engine on the GM supercharger and only pushing a max of 250hp.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #6
montana_GX
GX Member

ya, i'd like to go turbo. the only issue was price and ease of install, however i now figure if i'm doing all this other stuff i might as well have the best results i can for the work. any suggestions on turbos or packages?