Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 06-01-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Headstrong2740 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Headstrong2740 Send a message via MSN to Headstrong2740 Send a message via Yahoo to Headstrong2740
wide band o2??

ok.. i searched and does not seem like to many people have done this or have had the need yet to.
Ill ask anyway
anybody have any idea what wideband o2 system will go well with the alero 2.4 system? (yes i specified cause some dont check the section listings ) im looking to get one

AND

im going farther then i planned on my build.... im hoping to hit about 300whp by the end of the summer with my car..... we will see how it goes. once i break in the motor... hope to start by later next week.... im taking it to be dyno and tuned.... have an HP tuner coming as well to help out some

"Dude..cuming on my mom is one thing, but banging your grandmother and her two roommates is like.....legandary!"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589855
Headstrong2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
AEM UEGO. It's a standalone wideband gauge with the sensor and it's very accurate...same one I have. You don't plug it into any computers or calibrate anything. Mount the gauge, hook up the power wires, plug the sensor into the downpipe and go. Here's the link to AEM for all the info: http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=67
They come with the different color faces and bezels so you can put on whatever color you want to match your interior. Check eBay, you can get them cheaper than directly from AEM.

You'll hit 300whp easy with your build and a good tune. You have an auto transmission right? You should at least get a full fluid flush and run an exterior cooler for that much power, plus a B&M Shiftplus...but maybe you already have that planned. Keep us updated.

Last edited by Spilner521 : 06-01-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Spilner521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #3
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Send a message via AIM to Headstrong2740 Send a message via MSN to Headstrong2740 Send a message via Yahoo to Headstrong2740
the cooler is a good idea and i had planned on a full flush out and new fluid. I was thinking of using some performance fluids from one of the speed shops here.
the shifter might be a good idea as well... ill have to look into it. Not sure though how i want to do it. Ill have to look
The AEM wideband is very good i heard... i was actually looking at one yesterday while i was picking up my fuel pump (walbro 255 LPH) and my injectors are on their way as well.
im triing to think if there is anythin else i should get...... i will prolly hold off on some spending now till later in the summer and add some more things on
I did splurge and get a underdrive pulley and the strut bar for the front

"Dude..cuming on my mom is one thing, but banging your grandmother and her two roommates is like.....legandary!"

Old 06-03-2007, 10:54 AM   #4
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Is this the shifter plus you were speaking of? and anyone else done one of these?
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...5&autoview=sku

Old 06-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the b&m shiftplus installed, and i really do like it. makes the car a lot more sporty.
also, definately go with a second tranny cooler after the factory radiator one. that will mean it's on the low pressure side.
also, over on j-body.org, i picked up a limited slip differential insert for my auto. it will definately help in the launch. you might want to look into getting one. not too pricey. made by Team Green.
as far as fluid, i went with Royal Purple full synthetic ATF. good stuff, but a little on the expensive side.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Talking Wee Psh!! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst4u View Post
i have the b&m shiftplus installed, and i really do like it. makes the car a lot more sporty.
also, definately go with a second tranny cooler after the factory radiator one. that will mean it's on the low pressure side.
also, over on j-body.org, i picked up a limited slip differential insert for my auto. it will definately help in the launch. you might want to look into getting one. not too pricey. made by Team Green.
as far as fluid, i went with Royal Purple full synthetic ATF. good stuff, but a little on the expensive side.

Ill be doing trans work later on in the summer. I know there is a list floating around on my computer with the list posted of things to do to beaf up the tranny. The royal purple is prolly what ill end up using... with new filter of course. i will prolly be ordering that shift plus thing tonight when i get back from the air show...
The tranny i am half tempted to have rebuilt or get a new one and have that one beafed up so i know it will hold out for a while .. dunno though... i kinda figured mytranny would go long before my motor did... but guess these transmissions hold up alot better then i thought they would... (knock on wood)

Old 06-03-2007, 03:51 PM   #7
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
innovative wideband... it's the best out there period. yes I have an AEM UEGO wideband but the innovative one has a bit more functionality.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:42 PM   #8
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headstrong2740 View Post
Is this the shifter plus you were speaking of? and anyone else done one of these?
Yeah that's the one. It makes the transmission shift much faster and harder. Basically your auto will shift faster than the best driver could ever shift a manual. Pretty much a "must have" if you're going to race or are pushing a lot of power.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:50 PM   #9
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headstrong2740 View Post

i have had mine for 3.5 years and no problems and works great.

Oh and before i go any farther..........i will post the link to the how to that way you don't have to search for it, since searching can be difficult.....lol

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...=1987#post1987
Old 06-03-2007, 07:13 PM   #10
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
i will post the link to the how to that way you don't have to search for it, since searching can be difficult.....lol

judges?!.......... yes i do believe that was a burn

Old 06-05-2007, 12:48 AM   #11
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

NoSweat83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question??? Why do you think you need the B&M shiftplus if you have HP tuners? I told you what you could do with the software do you remember?
Old 06-05-2007, 01:09 AM   #12
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSweat83 View Post
Question??? Why do you think you need the B&M shiftplus if you have HP tuners? I told you what you could do with the software do you remember?

very good point.

seriously dood, you need to take sometime out and sit down and do some reading on here and j-body.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:45 AM   #13
Headstrong2740
GL Member

HAHA i do remember. I still like to look into what people suggest.... helps me to be more informed on it when others ask... just cause i dont need it does not mean i dont want to look into it.... yes i almost bought it but then i remembered what you were saying about the tunner... so i didnt

And yes.. when i have time.. i plan to sit and read... but i work 10 to 12 hour days and when im not... im sleeping and working on the car.... god i want a day off. Sorry if i seem kinda dumb about this stuff... but im triing my best to get this done fast as possible thats why im asking lots of questions.... if you guys knew what was going on here in my house youd understand... but im not going to dump on you guys my problems... just very appreciative of all the help THANKS

Old 06-05-2007, 07:05 AM   #14
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
^just take it all in stride ... and trust me it will all work out, one way or another.
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:17 PM   #15
Headstrong2740
GL Member

i know... i just want to have the engine mostly back together before i leave for Atlanta... but at the rate its going.. wont happen. I will be happy though once its done. I prolly wont be posting for a while though once it is done... cause ill be to busy driving it lol

Old 06-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #16
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Quote:
I don't have HPTuners so I wouldn't know, but what can it do differently from the B&M? Does it just do the same thing, except with PCM tuning instead of through a piggyback type switch? I'm very happy with how fast the B&M shifts the tranny, especially on the #2 setting, but I'm just curious if the PCM tune will shift the tranny just as fast or if it's a different tune from what the B&M does.

Just so anyone reading this doesn't take it the wrong way, I'm not bashing on the HPTuner. Obviously it's one of the best tuning tools ever created for these engines. I'm honestly just wondering what the difference is in the transmission tune over the B&M, or if it's just a "I already have HPTuners, so why go get a piggyback" type deal.

Last edited by Spilner521 : 06-05-2007 at 05:58 PM.
Spilner521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:19 PM   #17
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

With HP tuners you can change line pressure and shift points to begin with. Not bashing the shift plus cause I have one but when I get HP tuners it will be a thing of the past.

Last edited by NoSweat83 : 06-05-2007 at 06:21 PM.
NoSweat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:37 PM   #18
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Quote:
With HP tuners you can change line pressure and shift points to begin with. Not bashing the shift plus cause I have one but when I get HP tuners it will be a thing of the past.
Right, I know that, but will you get the same shift firmess and quickness from the HPTuner as you will from the B&M? I like how fast and hard the B&M shifts.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:44 PM   #19
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
Right, I know that, but will you get the same shift firmess and quickness from the HPTuner as you will from the B&M? I like how fast and hard the B&M shifts.

Hptuners should be able to do the exact same thing, as it's all just perameters in the operating system for the drivetrain, that's adjust accordingly.

You should be able to easily duplicate the B&M settings without a hitch.

Plus you can dumb down the traction control in the PCM w/ HPT which would be the real winner w/ the auto tranny, and adjust some of the abuse modes so that the car will immediately get some pep without even touching the engine fuel/timing curves.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:30 PM   #20
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyhunter View Post
Hptuners should be able to do the exact same thing, as it's all just perameters in the operating system for the drivetrain, that's adjust accordingly.

You should be able to easily duplicate the B&M settings without a hitch.

Plus you can dumb down the traction control in the PCM w/ HPT which would be the real winner w/ the auto tranny, and adjust some of the abuse modes so that the car will immediately get some pep without even touching the engine fuel/timing curves.
Exactly. Sorry I was at work and couldnt give more info. Plus Spy knows more about it than I since he has it.

Last edited by NoSweat83 : 06-05-2007 at 10:37 PM.
NoSweat83 is offline   Reply With Quote