Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
had an accident

the whole body kit is tore to hell. side skits may be salvageable. swerved to miss a deer and went in the ditch.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
the rule is typically never swerve, only brake

hopefully all the damage is just to the very external body work..
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #3
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Damn that sucks you did not have it for that long. Do you still have the stock bumpers. was anything other than the bumpers damaged. well i guess that you could repair it with fiberglass and bodyfiller if everything is not in small pieces.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #4
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

still have stock bumpers. its all just body work, drivers fenderwell and fog light. the mounts for the rear bumper are messed up to. tail light is no big deal. im thinking of getting the razzi kit to old onto my stock ones, my buddy is buying the hood and im going to go v-fiber and put on the razzi wing. the car will be sitting for a LONG while all this is happeneing. then hopfully roll out in the summer completly redone. until then I'll be driving the old 70s ford ranger. yay!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:42 PM   #5
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
the rule is typically never swerve, only brake

hopefully all the damage is just to the very external body work..

I followed that rule when I should have swerved..now my core support is bent and nothing lines up

to OP, that sucks but look at the bright side. now you can make a sleeper!
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #6
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
I followed that rule when I should have swerved..now my core support is bent and nothing lines up

to OP, that sucks but look at the bright side. now you can make a sleeper!

wait a sec, isnt someone selling an osv on here?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #7
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Kyle is...for 650
Old 02-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
but you didn't hit the tree and die instead

most of the time, swerving is the worst option. oncoming traffic, off-road hazards, etc. can all be worse than hitting whatever showed up in front of you
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #9
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
but you didn't hit the tree and die instead

I'm in Kansas, what trees?

but seriously, don't swerve. at 70mph hitting a ditch would have destroyed my car..far worse than how yours looks
Old 02-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #10
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Glad I got to see if before this.... That really sucks! Glad you are ok though. The deer around here SUCK!!!
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #11
Philbar71
GL Member

Philbar71 is on a distinguished road
Wow. I slid in to a ditch backwards and all I got was some torn up inner finder linings and a dent in the rear. And Im lowered! Guess I lucked out compared to you.

I think the front looks kinda neat all busted up like that tho
Old 02-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #12
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

im going to go crazy with this rebuild. razzi spoiler for sure and v-fiber hood. thinking about keeping the same side skirts and rear bumper but how would that look with the razzi front bumper? or I was thinking ASS style but filling the middle licens plate gap.
edit, the more I look at that front bumper the more I wonder if I cant straiten out those sides and leave the middle open for intercooler space. how would that look?
Old 02-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #13
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
just be happy that you are safe.... all too much deer go through windshields and kill people. cars can be fixed, people can't...

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:30 AM   #14
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
right when i saw your name with had an accident, i knew it wouldnt be good! that sucks man. you were excited with that bodykit. sucks to see that it went down. i effin hate deer. never hit one in my alero, but came close... they can be brutal..
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #15
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
right when i saw your name with had an accident, i knew it wouldnt be good! that sucks man. you were excited with that bodykit. sucks to see that it went down. i effin hate deer. never hit one in my alero, but came close... they can be brutal..

i came close enough. i dug the front end in pretty good and im afraid if it hadent i would have rolled. somehow no airbags. so far no ripped lines found. just trying to figure out what I want to do to get it back together.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #16
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

ok heres the list-rear bumper (ass style) fix side skirts, vfiber hood (cutting in a functional scoop). but
razzi or stock spoiler?
razzi for custom ASS front bumper? (pic below) I would fill the center area where the license plate indent is and bottom vents.
other pic below is of the passenger side bumper mount, its gone and metal is bent. the other 2 mounts right below the tail lights are broke to. shouldnt be a problem to get from a junk yard right?
thinking about painting a cherry red w/ a bit of black. or should I keep it white?
imput about this stuff please, I want to get started rebuilding soon to hopefully make it to ASS. but I dont really plan on having it roll out until the suspension and exhaust are done. it'll be a while
Old 02-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #17
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Glad that you're ok, but I don't think the razzi or any other kit should be top priority. If you drive out where deer are known to be, the same thing can happen again and you're back to square one.

If I were you I would temporarily go back to stock for a bit, get your car all fixed up and invest in some really solid brakes. The camaro brake upgrade was one of the best things I've done to my alero. I'd start there then if you want a body kit then you should go for it. Safety first!

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #18
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwnath View Post
Glad that you're ok, but I don't think the razzi or any other kit should be top priority. If you drive out where deer are known to be, the same thing can happen again and you're back to square one.

If I were you I would temporarily go back to stock for a bit, get your car all fixed up and invest in some really solid brakes. The camaro brake upgrade was one of the best things I've done to my alero. I'd start there then if you want a body kit then you should go for it. Safety first!

its on my list
Old 02-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #19
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Sucks to hear! You should buy my OSV, it will look way better.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #20
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
Sucks to hear! You should buy my OSV, it will look way better.

Im not a huge fan of the osv or else I would. I defiantly would get the spoiler but you dont have it.