Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Alero Show & Stravaganza Info > Alero Show & Straveganza

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 09:39 AM   #41
misslindseysue

Quote:
Originally posted by loudalero@Mar 10 2004, 03:02 AM
I will have to make it to this and has a date been set for gap yet?
There is no GAP. Read Oldsman's other post.

Old 03-10-2004, 01:39 PM   #42
alerospeed2003

i can try to be there, it just depends on what we have going on around here at that time.........i'll know for sure later on

Old 03-10-2004, 08:47 PM   #43
3.4Alero

No gap this year.

Sweet, when are your gonna head up? Still want to caravan?

Old 03-11-2004, 01:06 PM   #44
misslindseysue

Alright, everyone wait on hotels. There will be a block reserved for us. It takes a couple days, however, so I'll post up info in a new thread when you can start calling for reservations.

Old 03-11-2004, 11:52 PM   #45
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
thanks again lindsay.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:37 PM   #46
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Hotel info is in first post but if you didn't see it here it is again

Here is the Hotel info...........

Holiday Inn
7501 W Saginaw Hwy
Lansing, MI 48917
(517) 627-3211

Call that number, tell them you're with Aleromod and you should get a room for $79. Room rate is good until 30 days prior to the event.

Link:
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt...JiU7S4j1jyeEM-
Old 03-13-2004, 04:31 PM   #47
Molson
V.I.P. Member

Molson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Molson Send a message via MSN to Molson
hmm, first I see of this. Who came up with ASS?
Old 03-13-2004, 06:52 PM   #48
misslindseysue

Sorry, hotel linky is wrong, PM cut it off.
Lansing Holday Inn Map

Old 03-14-2004, 01:51 PM   #49
Molson
V.I.P. Member

are you allowing GrandAms to this? Cause they want to make a large meet too.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:25 PM   #50
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
personally i think they should be allowed since they allow us at GAP. It is only fair.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:40 PM   #51
overdrive75

I don't think Grand AM's should be allowed, nothing against them, but this I tied to an OCA event and last I checked a Grand Am was a Pontiac, not an Olds.

Old 03-14-2004, 03:21 PM   #52
Molson
V.I.P. Member

Yup, and last I checked GAP Stood for Grand AM picnic, not Olds, and they still welcomed us with open arms.

If GrandAms are not allowed to go, I will not be attending, as I see it as a major kick in the nuts to the people over there..
Old 03-14-2004, 03:40 PM   #53
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Yeah, if this is going to be associated with Aleromod.com, IMO you should also welcome grand ams. The GA community opened up to us to allow us in, and we should return the favor. We also welcome GA's to the site.

Old 03-14-2004, 04:33 PM   #54
Oldsman
Owner

Far as GA welcomed, well it hasn't been discussed, since Sweet is out of town.

I don't see why they couldn't come but just to let them know that the show on the 19th is an OCA show, not an Aleromod show. They are welcome to come and be spectators but will be unable to show.

To inform everyone this is not GAP or a take off of GAP. Since this being the last year for Oldsmobile and the Alero we thought it would be a great idea for us to come together to this show giving the situation. So it was setup around this show.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:45 PM   #55
Molson
V.I.P. Member

ahh, I see, so they are really not even invited. Gotcha..

Have fun!
Old 03-14-2004, 05:23 PM   #56
Oldsman
Owner

Never said they weren't invited.

They won't be able to show at the Olds show that is but on by the RE Olds chapter of the OCA.

we can hang out and have some fun. There will be other activities besides the show.

So if you want to take it that way then fine.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:49 PM   #57
Molson
V.I.P. Member

Didn't mean for it to sound harsh Scot. I can see where you are coming from.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:54 PM   #58
3.4Alero

Molson, calm down and listen to what is being said.

The main reason for even going to Lansing on that Saturday is Olds homecoming. It is an OCA event, so therefore it is an Olds show. That doesn't mean that lots of others can't come, it just means that, per OCA rules, only Olds cars can show. We have no say in that.

We are staying at a different hotel from everyone else going to homecoming, so that we (aleros, aleromod, etc.) can have our own little thing in addition to the olds show. Yea, Brent needs to have a say in it, too, but I see no problem with the GA's coming, and I think that is pretty much what the others said too.

Old 03-14-2004, 08:23 PM   #59
Oldsman
Owner

Now let me make this Very Clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If GA guys want to come for the weekend? They CAN come.

On Saturday, is the Oldsmobile Homecoming show that is a Oldsmobile Club of America Zone Show. In order to show you must have an Oldsmobile or Oldsmobile Power.

Now if want to come and just be a spectator. You are welcome too.

Now details on what else will be going on are coming. This is just one of things that si going on.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:41 PM   #60
Molson
V.I.P. Member

ok thats cool Scot.

Fiesty, I don't know who you are hearing that from, but its wrong, the GA crowd is one of the best bunch of people I have met, and they like us too. A lot of the Olds people at GAP last year did not come and socialize with any of the GA people, that could have been cause for some of the animosity.
Closed Thread