Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 11-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
Christato71
GX Member

Christato71 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Christato71 Send a message via AIM to Christato71 Send a message via MSN to Christato71 Send a message via Skype™ to Christato71
Gauge Mounting Ideas

I'm looking for ideas of where I could mount gauges in the future if I decide to purchase some. As of right now, I'm not to fond of the a-pillar pods. I would just like some other suggestions of where I could place them.

Blog
Christato71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
Lowpros24
GX Member

Lowpros24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christato71 View Post
I'm looking for ideas of where I could mount gauges in the future if I decide to purchase some. As of right now, I'm not to fond of the a-pillar pods. I would just like some other suggestions of where I could place them.

well the only idea's i have without any or to little facrication is mounting them
by the cluster gauges. before i did my dash i was gonna fabricae them in the middle vent, but then my kenwood kvt 717tv in dash would be getting in the way. only other spot i have an idea for is putting gauges in that little cubby hole in front of the shifter.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpros24 View Post
well the only idea's i have without any or to little facrication is mounting them
by the cluster gauges. before i did my dash i was gonna fabricae them in the middle vent, but then my kenwood kvt 717tv in dash would be getting in the way. only other spot i have an idea for is putting gauges in that little cubby hole in front of the shifter.

I was thinking in front of the shifter too, but its not very practical, I personally would get an A-Pillar gauge..its easy to keep an eye on your gauges..and it would probably be an easier install.
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
Lowpros24
GX Member

Lowpros24 is on a distinguished road
i was looking for some a pillar gauges, only can find em off a grand am, i know they will fit. i was hoping to come across a three gauge pod instead of a 2 gauge pod. yea i didnt do it in front of the shifter cause like you said its not practicle, i dont wanna be looking down to see what my gauges are reading
Old 11-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #5
widbyj
GL Member

widbyj is on a distinguished road
PFYC does both 2 and 3 gauge pods for GrandAm. I have a 3 on my Malibu. These pods DO NOT fit our cars properly cause the dashes are different but they CAN be made to fit fairly well. Not a bad price.

IIRC someone here was selling a customized dash grille that held two gauges in front of the factory panel. I'm sure they still have the molds on hand....
Old 11-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #6
tnalero99
GX Member

tnalero99 is an unknown quantity at this point
A few people have these and are a good alternative to an A pillar.

http://neverdoneusa.com/Parts%20Aler...auge%20Pod.htm

Others have make custom guage pods for cubby in front of shifter, would have to search for pics of that setup.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
Bigshot44
GX Member

Bigshot44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnalero99 View Post
A few people have these and are a good alternative to an A pillar.

http://neverdoneusa.com/Parts%20Aler...auge%20Pod.htm

Others have make custom guage pods for cubby in front of shifter, would have to search for pics of that setup.

Seen those cheaper on ebay

2003 Olds Alero 2.2L Eco
Ttop191: who gives a damn what everyone else thinks, if you are proud of it thats all that matters, dont let others persuade you into thinking what you like is wrong.
Bigshot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #8
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshot44 View Post
Seen those cheaper on ebay

Link?

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #9
Christato71
GX Member

Christato71 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Christato71 Send a message via AIM to Christato71 Send a message via MSN to Christato71 Send a message via Skype™ to Christato71
yes, a link would be nice

Blog
Christato71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:56 PM   #10
Bigshot44
GX Member

Bigshot44 is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess I should have said I saw one cheaper on ebay. It was just a few a guy had selling them for 20 that was a week ago I believe. Here's a link to a tripple gauge on pfyc http://www.pfyc.com/GA2002.html

2003 Olds Alero 2.2L Eco
Ttop191: who gives a damn what everyone else thinks, if you are proud of it thats all that matters, dont let others persuade you into thinking what you like is wrong.
Bigshot44 is offline   Reply With Quote