Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 12-01-2005, 09:34 AM   #21
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally posted by eag182@Nov 30 2005, 04:37 PM
watch out man redog might give you a warning about your membername :P

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:17 AM   #22
Str33tRacer

Ill try to post the new photoshop its not letting me and its a 70KB file ill have it up by tonight, i really like the way it looks
Old 12-01-2005, 10:28 AM   #23
Menace
@Kutztown University PA

Menace is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Menace
I hope that everyone realizes that the rear spoiler will do nothing but change your appearence because the alero if frontwheel drive.

2007 Scion tC in driveway!!

Stuff for sale

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13919
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:38 AM   #24
SikMindz
GL Member

SikMindz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SikMindz
That was a dumb statement.

Irregardless of being FWD or RWD the point of a rear spoiler (in a hypothetical racing situation) is to create downforce on the rear portion of the car, in effect keeping the tires planted to the ground.

In the end spoilers on consumer cars are almost purely there for aesthetics. Until you reach ridiculously fast speeds downforce created by a spoiler is negligible.

Edit: Street- try resizing the chop to like 450 x whatever. 70Kb is pretty damn big for a chop of this caliber...
Old 12-01-2005, 12:05 PM   #25
nonmoalero
V.I.P. Member

nonmoalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SikMindz@Dec 1 2005, 09:38 AM
Irregardless of being FWD or RWD the point of a rear spoiler (in a hypothetical racing situation) is to create downforce on the rear portion of the car, in effect keeping the tires planted to the ground.

I know I am going to get busted for this being off topic, but, regardless of what you have heard, "irregardless" is a redundancy. The suffix "-less" on the end of the word already makes the word negative. It doesn't need the negative prefix "ir-" added to make it even more negative. :P
nonmoalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:19 PM   #26
SikMindz
GL Member

The word irregardless is frowned upon in the English language anyways. Regardless is the correct term to use (as they have the same meaning) but I just like the sound of irregardless better.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:21 PM   #27
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
wow.. i got my english lesson for the day.

and the factory spoiler on my car DOES produce downforce,which helps me kill at the local track! i'm not sure what kind of ones you guys have that they don't work.

back on topic for me...

str33t, looks decent. keep your eye on the prize, your vision for a final product looks pretty good.

(NOTE to all who don't know me that well: entire middle section is a big steamy load. oo: )
Old 12-01-2005, 01:48 PM   #28
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
lmao ^

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:22 PM   #29
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
i say stick with the razzi wing.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:58 PM   #30
smlzalero
where my knickers at?

smlzalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cherrington17@Dec 1 2005, 12:21 PM
wow.. i got my english lesson for the day.

and the factory spoiler on my car DOES produce downforce,which helps me kill at the local track! i'm not sure what kind of ones you guys have that they don't work.

back on topic for me...

str33t, looks decent. keep your eye on the prize, your vision for a final product looks pretty good.

(NOTE to all who don't know me that well: entire middle section is a big steamy load. oo: )
um... technically, the middle section o fyour post is:
Quote:
back on topic for me...

and it's true that's a big steamy load.. LOL

--UPDATE-- Have 6 months to start paying!
smlzalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:10 PM   #31
keepitsimple

actually a spoiler has no speed effect, it pushes the ass end of the car down to maintaine control, ur not faster because of it, it helps stability at high speeds, and u have to be going fast for it to work, and in a rwd vehicle it maintains stability as well as adds traction, but not much, they are mostly for looks.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:05 PM   #32
SikMindz
GL Member

Ummm...did you just skip the entireity of the thread and post without reading? I'm PREEEETTTY sure that's what the last like 10 posts said.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:33 PM   #33
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
huh? lmao i liked the joke photoshop of the srt4.. imma try that sometime. :P

but yeh i got the razzi and i dont drive my car at the speeds in which it will have any real effect on performance.. its just for looks. hell. oh and its freakin high too, much more so than i thought soooo a higher one may look a little out of place...
Old 12-01-2005, 08:39 PM   #34
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
umm... try reading the END of my post. notice that i said it was ALL MADE UP! i know a spoiler doesn't affect speed at all.... and unless you have a drag car, its not gonna help your stability at all either. consumer cars have NO need for a spoiler other then looks, end of story.

geeze.... i thought -alero- was the only post skimmer, i didn't know we had noobs who were going to try to take his title.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:20 PM   #35
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
Quote:
Originally posted by keepitsimple@Dec 2 2005, 12:10 AM
actually a spoiler has no speed effect, it pushes the ass end of the car down to maintaine control, ur not faster because of it, it helps stability at high speeds, and u have to be going fast for it to work, and in a rwd vehicle it maintains stability as well as adds traction, but not much, they are mostly for looks.
I'm sorry but I think you all got hit by the stupid bug. Have any of you looked outside your dining room window lately to see what kind of car actually sits in your driveway....AN ALERO!!! What the hell do you need downforce for when you can only go 109 mph? Seriously. Spoilers on our cars are soley for the purpose of looks and looks only.

Now get back on topic. Stick with the razzi spoiler. It looks the best and is actually taller in person than it looks in the photos.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:58 PM   #36
Str33tRacer

SRT 4 spoiler..... 8.5 inches, if anyone has the razzi spoiler plase post the height, because it would make alot of sence. from what i can see the razzi is no taller than a Civic SI spoiler
Old 12-01-2005, 11:16 PM   #37
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
From the highest point of the bottom of the razzi, to the top of the trunk is 4.75 inches.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:37 AM   #38
keepitsimple

well way to be a dink about it, i obviosly thought u were serious about it, figured id help, u out, soryy i missed the last part.

(thanks for beings a dink when i was trying to be nice tho.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:46 AM   #39
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by johny_boy32+Dec 1 2005, 09:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(johny_boy32 @ Dec 1 2005, 09:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-keepitsimple@Dec 2 2005, 12:10 AM
I'm sorry but I think you all got hit by the stupid bug. Have any of you looked outside your dining room window lately to see what kind of car actually sits in your driveway....AN ALERO!!! What the hell do you need downforce for when you can only go 109 mph? Seriously. Spoilers on our cars are soley for the purpose of looks and looks only.

Now get back on topic. Stick with the razzi spoiler. It looks the best and is actually taller in person than it looks in the photos.
[/b][/quote]
you're right AND wrong in the same sentence. after 70mph, aerodynamics become very important to how a vehicle handles. But, I've been to the speed limiter on my Alero and didn't feel any real danger because of the handling. our cars were built well to handle up to that speed. (take off the limiter, and you might need some aero help though.)
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 10:04 AM   #40
Str33tRacer

its not that easy to just "take off the limiter" but back to the spoiler style.... Ok so the SRT is 3.75 inches higher than the razzi. But if you look at the first picture, yes i can see how that looks retarded, but lowered with rims and a kit, i think it adds to the "Flow" of the car. The only 2 door red alero i have seen with the razzi is the one on PFYC. with the razzi front, i was planning on the AAS front because of the style. correct me im wrong but in my opinion the same spoiler can look smaller on a 2door than a 4door, because of the extra reat end room.... right?