Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 12-02-2005, 10:06 AM   #41
Str33tRacer

new photoshop
Old 12-02-2005, 02:53 PM   #42
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
in my opinion that looks like poo. The rear end isn't flat. the trunk does curve up a bit, so a spoiler with a SLIGHT raking would look good. Therefore, the SRT spoiler does not look good.

why do you want a high-rise spoiler on a car that was never factory-equipped with one? just so your locals can call you a ricer? double0 hit the nail on the head, just get something that goes well with the looks. The only real funtional spoilers look bad.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 04:11 PM   #43
Str33tRacer

idk, ive always liked the razzi, like ive seen it and im like ok, thats a nice spoiler but nothing eye popping, but when i saw the photoshop i was like, wow that cars insane, i think it catches youre eye alot more
Old 12-02-2005, 07:50 PM   #44
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
If you post your car ideas on the net, you aren't going to get an accurate answer about whether or not its cool or good because...

A. People will hate it just because insulting it is convienient and risk free.

B. Different cultural groups like different things, and forums ususally only represent one group of people, for example Aleromod is (I think) mainly white north american men and women between the ages of 21-35, so things that younger people would like such as wings, aggressive body kits, vinyl graphics and rice stuff, are hated because they are associated with kids who, in the car world, are seen as stupid, inexpierienced and mindless spoiled trend followers.

C. People who really like your idea either won't post a comment or they give short, bland replies like, "looks good, I like it, cool, etc". They will rarely tell you what they like about it or anything that could advance your idea, or make you feel better about yourself.

D. Everyone knows everything. If you do something, someone will know that it is wrong. Also, everyone apparently spends many hours a day at the track, collecting data on the usefulness and effect on performance of everything you can do to or put on an automobile.

E. If you ask random people thier opinion, you aren't going to get the answer you want
Old 12-02-2005, 09:14 PM   #45
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
(in light of hearing the measurements) personally, i think the razzi sticks up plenty high enough. measure from the top of the back window to the top of the trunk. see how much room that is. i have a 2 door and i don't think its gonna be much more then 12". if you have a spoiler that sticks up 8" it will look wierd.

pic posted courtesy of jabratm. (in a different thread, i just pirated it)

i think that style spoiler, any higher up is gonna look wierd. maybe not through... i stand to be corrected.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:41 AM   #46
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally posted by johny_boy32+Dec 1 2005, 10:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(johny_boy32 @ Dec 1 2005, 10:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-keepitsimple@Dec 2 2005, 12:10 AM
actually a spoiler has no speed effect, it pushes the ass end of the car down to maintaine control, ur not faster because of it, it helps stability at high speeds, and u have to be going fast for it to work, and in a rwd vehicle it maintains stability as well as adds traction, but not much, they are mostly for looks.
I'm sorry but I think you all got hit by the stupid bug. Have any of you looked outside your dining room window lately to see what kind of car actually sits in your driveway....AN ALERO!!! What the hell do you need downforce for when you can only go 109 mph? Seriously. Spoilers on our cars are soley for the purpose of looks and looks only.

Now get back on topic. Stick with the razzi spoiler. It looks the best and is actually taller in person than it looks in the photos.
[/b][/quote]

uhh i think he was explaining what a spoiler's purpose was, not the purpose of a spoiler on an alero.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:46 AM   #47
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat+Dec 2 2005, 09:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AlbinoMonkeyRat @ Dec 2 2005, 09:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by johny_boy32@Dec 1 2005, 09:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-keepitsimple
Quote:
@Dec 2 2005, 12:10 AM
actually a spoiler has no speed effect, it pushes the ass end of the car down to maintaine control, ur not faster because of it, it helps stability at high speeds, and u have to be going fast for it to work, and in a rwd vehicle it maintains stability as well as adds traction, but not much, they are mostly for looks.

I'm sorry but I think you all got hit by the stupid bug. Have any of you looked outside your dining room window lately to see what kind of car actually sits in your driveway....AN ALERO!!! What the hell do you need downforce for when you can only go 109 mph? Seriously. Spoilers on our cars are soley for the purpose of looks and looks only.

Now get back on topic. Stick with the razzi spoiler. It looks the best and is actually taller in person than it looks in the photos.
you're right AND wrong in the same sentence. after 70mph, aerodynamics become very important to how a vehicle handles. But, I've been to the speed limiter on my Alero and didn't feel any real danger because of the handling. our cars were built well to handle up to that speed. (take off the limiter, and you might need some aero help though.)
[/b][/quote]

true true. and i dont think there are too many of us taking any 100+ sharp turns either. so i guess we're ok cause no one has complained yet, heh

and come to think of it. how many of us have actually touch 130+ it takes so long its a rare occurance anyway (with speed limiter eliminated)
Old 12-03-2005, 12:17 PM   #48
Str33tRacer

Maybe the razzi fans are right, but when i personally look at the PFYC car, im like maybe 3 more inches on that spoiler would look better. But if there was anyway to see that car with an AAS kit and better rims, im sure it would change my mind, anyone up for that photoshop?
Old 12-03-2005, 10:53 PM   #49
-Alero-
GLS member

im sure yo ucan get risers made or make them yourself. which basically are spacers to raise the wing of your choice.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:30 PM   #50
OLDSskool

IMO, that chop makes the car look hot, but it will never look like that, just not proportioned correctly. If you want a car that looks like that, buy an older eclipse... looks like that right ouf of the box basically! lol
Old 12-04-2005, 02:41 PM   #51
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
I was thinkin of using a 2000 Celica spoiler, not eh GTS high rise one, the regular GT wing is real nice and I measured it out and an inch bigger than the regular spoiler for the Alero, so Im thinkin of doin that and its only like 80 bux so
Old 12-04-2005, 04:45 PM   #52
Str33tRacer

Definitly not going with a JDM, but i like the flow of the eclipses because even when theyre not moving.... they look fast..... i like it.... one day it will happed haha
Old 12-06-2005, 12:19 AM   #53
MCKALERO03
GX Member

MCKALERO03 is an unknown quantity at this point
If the end product is going to turn out anything like this...
http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/viewtopic...highlight=alero
(scroll down a little)
I say stick with the razzi...
I don't think that spoiler is off a neon but it's similar... and quite unattractive
Old 12-06-2005, 11:16 AM   #54
Str33tRacer

ick no, thats what 13 inches high?
Old 12-06-2005, 01:02 PM   #55
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i find it funny that they said it was a neon at first. alero's look NOTHING like neons. lol

photoshops do work well in some cases, but unless you can get Definitive measurements and completely accurate 'chops you might see a good photoshop and get a terrible end product. i'd take some measurements of both and actually put them on the car. see where things line up.

that last alero looks terrible with a narrow high wing like that... just don't want your car looking similar, ya know?
Old 12-06-2005, 05:39 PM   #56
Str33tRacer

This Wing looks totaly different

Now you people will see the difference lol
Old 12-06-2005, 07:30 PM   #57
bnight04
GLS member

bnight04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bnight04
I hope thats a photochop.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:50 PM   #58
MCKALERO03
GX Member

MCKALERO03 is an unknown quantity at this point
^nope, that is an actual car in sterling heights, MI...haha
Old 12-08-2005, 09:29 AM   #59
El Pablo
03 Subaru WRX

El Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Pablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Pablo
oh my friging god thats beyond gay
Old 12-08-2005, 04:37 PM   #60
nonmoalero
V.I.P. Member

nonmoalero is an unknown quantity at this point
The only way that could look any worse.....nevermind, it can't get any worse! :wtf: Well, I take that back, maybe if the wing was painted neon green or hot pink it could look worse!
nonmoalero is offline   Reply With Quote