Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 03-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #41
blackdog
GL Member

blackdog is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a rather high end auto system in my Toyota Matrix. I also have a viper alarm system with 2 way pager and backup alarm system so if the battery is power is cut off it still works. Poeple have tried to break into the car 4 different times and every time the alarm went off as soon as they were messing around to get into the car. One time they even left a wedge in the window.

It cost me 350.00 to have installed. How much did a dash cost? Don't need to answer .

Car Part out: http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...478#post345478
eBay Auctions: http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZa27283

Cars: 2006 Toyota Matrix, 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4
blackdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #42
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
My take on this is that these guys or gals know you or know of you. May have seen you out in the past with the old system or what not, and if they have hit your car twice then they will likely try again, maybe a few months from the time of the last incident to make you feel like this is all over. They knew what they were doing cause they were able to get in the car and tear the key cylinder all to shit in a short period of time it seems like. Two suggestions, one its highly unlikely that unless they tow your car that they are going to be able to start it, but I would still put either a master battery disconnect or a start disconnect in. Secondly I would get either a low tier door alarm, and/or an alarm with all the bells and whistles, but I wouldn't install the LED, and let them attempt it again. Once the alarm goes off I would fill there ass up with .45 Black Talons, and if a gun isn't your taste then a bat, knife, or chainsaw will get the same desired effect.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:19 PM   #43
Steven01
GL Member

Steven01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
I have a rather high end auto system in my Toyota Matrix. I also have a viper alarm system with 2 way pager and backup alarm system so if the battery is power is cut off it still works. Poeple have tried to break into the car 4 different times and every time the alarm went off as soon as they were messing around to get into the car. One time they even left a wedge in the window.

It cost me 350.00 to have installed. How much did a dash cost? Don't need to answer .

Umm i dont have the papers infront of me when the dash was replaced the first time. but in total last time it was 2700.00 in damages, but this time they didnt break my steareo plastic trip. I belive the dash was around 1000.00 but evrything was free becase of attempt of theft + a free rental AGAIN. going tomorrow. but ill let you know how much the body shop pays for a dash in the next couple of weeks ;p
Steven01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:56 AM   #44
blackdog
GL Member

man that would make me sick. Get a alero on that car man and you can still sleep while you wait .

Personaly I don't think killing someone for breaking into your car is very fair and it would get your ass in jail so fast your head would spin. You would be able to get just as much joy out of seeing the police beat the shit out of them and if you dont like the police then a bat would be a good idea. I would break their knee caps.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:07 AM   #45
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
man that would make me sick. Get a alero on that car man and you can still sleep while you wait .

Personaly I don't think killing someone for breaking into your car is very fair and it would get your ass in jail so fast your head would spin. You would be able to get just as much joy out of seeing the police beat the shit out of them and if you dont like the police then a bat would be a good idea. I would break their knee caps.
I like that "get a alero on that car man" classic, but killing them would be alittle extreme, but in old times they would cut off the hands. I think I would rather be dead then not to have hands...I mean what could you do no more master debating, no more grabbing boobies, and what not. Not the way I would like to live out the rest of my life. LMAO!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:26 AM   #46
telcart

Eventually your insurance company is going to assume you live on the streets of Compton and your rates are going to sky rocket.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #47
blackdog
GL Member

This is the 2nd time its happend. I can see his insurance going up for this given its Canada...

Really the insurance comp. is going to get their money back, they always do. This is why an alarm system is the best way to go.

I would install the LED alarm light and put the decals on the car showing you have an alarm system. But if you are going to do this have a backup alarm battry.

I know you would like to bust this guy but its not worth another insurance clame.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:57 PM   #48
MP99Alero
GL Member

MP99Alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to MP99Alero
I'd guess the people involved are not skilled at the art of stealing vehicles. Thats a ton of excess damage that isn't required.........guessing kids that live in the area and figure its probably the easiest car to steal.
Easiest thing I've found that works is a cheapo alarm. I did that for my car cause some kids in the area I lived were vandilizing cars, and when they hear that alarm it scares the would be perps off.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #49
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

^^^I beg to differ I think the guy or guys knew a little bit about what they were doing, cause they managed to get in there and tear it up like that. I think that the only reason they didn't get it was because of the passlock II, and they probably only wanted to chop the car or joy ride anyway, hence the excessive damage to the dash.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:09 PM   #50
Steven01
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
^^^I beg to differ I think the guy or guys knew a little bit about what they were doing, cause they managed to get in there and tear it up like that. I think that the only reason they didn't get it was because of the passlock II, and they probably only wanted to chop the car or joy ride anyway, hence the excessive damage to the dash.

Yea, becase that plastic on the dash ISNT week is Pritty hard to break..
Old 03-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #51
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
just throw a couger in there every night before you go to bed...lol
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #52
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
So....please tell me you have learned your lesson......GET A DAMN ALARM. or do you not care about the alero and you want to drive rentals all the time?
Old 03-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #53
Steven01
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
So....please tell me you have learned your lesson......GET A DAMN ALARM. or do you not care about the alero and you want to drive rentals all the time?

HAHAHAH Well i decided to drive rentals all the time Thier always new can be drivin HARD .. HAHA and after this rentals i JUST GOT 2007 Suzuki SWIFT DAM ITS A SWEET RIDE. J/K Acctually I just bought a cheep alarm to go with my compustart camandstart. its a alarm. not a crazy one but Good enought.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #54
vikz99
GX Member

vikz99 is on a distinguished road
dont you have a immobiliser?? in the province of manitoba it is mandatory
vikz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #55
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
http://cgi.ebay.ca/FAKE-DUMMY-DOME-SECURITY-CAMERA-CAMERAS-LED-LOT-OF-4_W0QQitemZ260226213490QQihZ016QQcategoryZ102543QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Go Fortress Style.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:39 PM   #56
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
steven, ill lend you my mossberg 500 with the speedshell collabsable stock and optics rail. id recommend slugs or ull hurt the car. haha.
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #57
Steven01
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikz99 View Post
dont you have a immobiliser?? in the province of manitoba it is mandatory

yes we do but this is the story behind that. when my car was attempted they said the alero is at high risk and you may need a immobiliser befor its allowed on the road and that auto pack would only cover 15%, soo then i looked more into it and it says our cars are at high risk but not required buy manitoba law to have it because of the passlock. and i said i woulnt love it have one intsalled if they paied it all. and then they didnt say anything after that and just didnt put on in.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #58
Steven01
GL Member

I HAVE RESIVED My CAR BACK. and they repainted the hole driver door!!! perfict match + a bottle of touch up paint
Old 04-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #59
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
My guess is that your insurance company will require you to install an alarm now or else your insurance are going to rise a lot.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:05 AM   #60
Steven01
GL Member

OMFG I got my car back LAST FRIDAY the 4th AND SOME ONE **** POPPED THE LOCK ON MONDAY! 7th! AND STOLE MONEY CD's all the cords i had for my cell phone and rca's!!!! but did not atempt to steal. just lock. Insurance did not put a imobilizer in and has not recomended anything! SOO NOW WHAT! if i claim a door LOCK its my deductable of 200! a door lock is what 50$ bucks for the rite one.

ps. DIDNT HAVE TIME TO GET A ALARM
pss. DIDNT HAVE TIME TO GET A TRUNK MONKEY.

psss THIS HAPPEND 3 days AFTER I GOT MY CAR! this time my dash isnt broken.